Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
malikjatin said:
Hi All.
Please read this completely and suggest what to do under these circumstances.
I got my PR card in Jan'16 and i got married in Apr'16. I am a chartered accountant, wrking with a mnc company, My wife also a chartered accountant and she is also working with a big 4.
now we are thinking to move to canada as I have PR.
Now please tell what is the best and easiest way to go their along with her.
One option i have totally striked out that I go there and then apply for her from there and live seperately for 6 months to 1 year.
if we evr go, thn will go tgthr or else wl nt go.
now plz suggest.
posting with a lot of hope from experienced and helpful members.
I am from New Delhi India, and same is my visa office.
You have been answered here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/urgent-help-please-t455478.0.html;msg5497723#msg5497723

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
This post is for both applicants in the SIR, and those that it appears they may not be in the SIR.

Those applicants not in the SIR:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob624.asp 1 Background:
Reducing overall processing times and improving client service for spouses and common-law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents is a key priority of the Department and IRCC has therefore introduced measures to significantly reduce the existing spousal inventory.

These inventory reduction efforts will be supported by four factors:

- the Department’s renewed focus and priority on reuniting families;
- increased levels space in 2016 to facilitate the admission of more spouses and common-law partners for permanent residence to finalize existing cases;
- the expectation of sufficient level space levels in 2017 to continue eliminating inventory early in the year and to avoid the accumulation of new processing inventories; and
- supplementary funding of $25M to the overall processing network this fiscal year to reduce processing times.

These factors, combined with targeted processing efforts to reduce existing inventory, are expected to help move the Department to a more manageable spousal inventory which will support improved processing times.

Effective file management will be key to ensuring that applications which are well documented, complete, have valid key documents, and which are identified as straightforward are finalized as expeditiously as possible.

This tells me they plan to continue the activity into the new year, and this may be the new norm. That said, by my maths, there should be another wave of documentation requests in the coming days!

Those applicants in the SIR:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob624.asp 3 Streamlined processing of straightforward cases:

In order to allow for a more effective processing, in-Canada spousal applications already in the inventory will be pre-assessed to identify applications which are straightforward and may be streamlined, and which applications require a closer review.

Processing of the SCLPC applications in the inventory, other than those already referred to local offices for closer review, will be conducted by CPR. Cases already referred to local offices will be processed using usual procedures. In all applications, officers will ensure that an integrated search is performed as per normal procedures, with special attention to potential excluded relationships.

Cases may be referred to local offices if further review or an interview is required, as per section 5.34 of chapter IP-8.

This tells me that they are still diverting cases to local VO's. Which is true, because that's where your PR will be issued. That said, they went on to discuss the QA process in the same document. So, you may see the "closer review required". It just means it's been sent to a local VO. Could be for QA, could be for interview. In either case, they did state that they would use the entire network to share the load and process the cases as fast as possible to bring the inventory to more manageable levels (as stated above).

islandqueen

Dec 25, 2011
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25,2016
AOR Received.
April 28 & second Aor June 10
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Hopefully not
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon
profiler said:
You were part of the mass mail that went out on June 17 for people who are part of the SIR :). The note you pasted above proves it. I would be keen to know if you land before Nov 17.

To add yourself to the spreadsheet, there is a tab on the left: "New Entry and Update". Just add your details there
I really hope to hear something soon and I will definitely keep everyone posted
I tried it didn't work :-[ Don't know what am doing wrong.......

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
islandqueen said:
I really hope to hear something soon and I will definitely keep everyone posted
I tried it didn't work :-[ Don't know what am doing wrong.......
Have a look at the tab to make sure the details are correct (it let me add for you)

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
EDITED to include links

You as well!

Great to hear BG checks started!

How long it takes? To finish from BG in progress, or?

I'm on my cell, so the links aren't easy to get! You'll want to google:
Cic ip2 http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf Processing Applications to Sponsor Members of the Family Class
Cic ip8 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf Spouse or Common-Law Partner In Canada Class
Cic op2 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf Processing Members of the Family Class
And: irpa for reference to law.. http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/index.html IRPA Regulations

If I missed one, let me know!
Thanks Profiler!

Someone is GCMS notes mentioned that background check does not start until eligibility passes?

I was just wondering if that is really true since eligibility says "not started"?

islandqueen

Dec 25, 2011
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25,2016
AOR Received.
April 28 & second Aor June 10
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Hopefully not
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon
profiler said:
Have a look at the tab to make sure the details are correct (it let me add for you)
Yes it is......thank you Profiler!

janecki

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
profiler said:
A returned application means that they have not started processing -- you have no application (as far as CIC is concerned) right now. So absolutely you can include an OWP, assuming it's an inland app. Here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp . When you fill it out, specify open work permit type, and leave employer details empty.

To pay, http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/fees/index.asp

In Temporary Residency -> Work Permits, pay for:
Work permit 155
Open work permit holder (See note below) 100
Thanks Profiler - 2 more questions:
- what is the correct fee for a spouse and 1 minor? I initially somehow paid $1,115
- OWP application has a question : "have you previously applied to enter or remain in canada?" are they looking for all entries ever?
my wife is australian citizen with US green card so they never stamp her passport on canadian border

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
Thanks Profiler!

Someone is GCMS notes mentioned that background check does not start until eligibility passes?

I was just wondering if that is really true since eligibility says "not started"?
The problem is, I am pretty sure the suggestion was relating to outland applications. Eligibility is on-going until they issue the PR from what I understand. I bet you get a document request in the coming days ;)

EDIT: Our BG Checks started in June, and have been on-going even to today. But for inlanders, they seem to run things a lot differently. Lately they have even bypassed SA and AIP. Right from AOR -> landing.

BTW my wife's Eligibility says "Not started" as well ;)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
janecki said:
Thanks Profiler - 2 more questions:
- what is the correct fee for a spouse and 1 minor? I initially somehow paid $1,115
- OWP application has a question : "have you previously applied to enter or remain in canada?" are they looking for all entries ever?
my wife is australian citizen with US green card so they never stamp her passport on canadian border
We paid 1115 too at the time we put our application in. But if you look at the notes from the sponsorship application, it appears to be a 75$ overpay. As to the correct amount, I can only guess:
75$ Sponsor
475$ for PA
490$ for RPRF
75$ for Principal applicant, if under 19 years of age and not a spouse or common-law partner (including a dependent child of the sponsor, a child to be adopted and an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild)

Again, not totally sure here, but that's the only option on the pay fees page that makes any sense.

janecki said:
Refresh my memory, which OWP form is that on?

EDIT: IMM 5710. Page 4, Background Information Question 2. I would answer yes if she has been in Canada, and provide details that she has visited through border crossings with her US green card. Should be fine that she was visiting.

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
How long are GCMs notes taking. I applied on 20 September and still no update ?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Risabh_Canada said:
Ohh you got a long way to go yet. Generally they don't want to answer before 30 days. You might find the odd case where it's 28 days, but 30 or more is more common.

Kjaggikaur

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
I am trying to access my account via gc key but there seems to be a glitch. Does anyone is experiencing same problem? Please let me know

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
If anyone needs something funny to read: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/passport-canada-security-audit-1.3799838

GCMS? flawed? Nooo way... ;)

matthars

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
2-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
20-APR-2016
Med's Request
16-MAR-2017
Med's Done....
07-APR-2017
Interview........
17-MAY-2017
LANDED..........
22-JUN-2017
Risabh_Canada said:
I'm at 50+ days here with no notes... Applied August 18th.

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Kjaggikaur said:
I am trying to access my account via gc key but there seems to be a glitch. Does anyone is experiencing same problem? Please let me know
try it in another browser ! Use internet explorer