Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
Profiler....watch your tax dollars at work....I heard that IRCC have passed a new directive that workers cannot look out the windows and watch the world go by in the mornings...so they have something to do in the afternoons!

Thank you, I'm here all week, don't forget to tip your waitress!
To be fair, they did also process a ton of refugees in the last 12 months. These things do take time. But for a CC, they can check you out pretty fast. It's a simple query to RCMP for criminality, CRA to make sure you've been a good girl/boy and paid your share, and even to your employer if they wanted to make sure your job is reasonably secure, and lastly an internal check to make sure you don't have any outstanding sponsorship matters/owe CIC money. The foreign national is a little more difficult: CSIS, Interpol, NASC, random database checks, maybe a call to the local police. So, that's why the status in ecas makes no sense to me. They should have an automated process (almost) to determine which CC's can sponsor. It could be completed before you are finished on a phone call...

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
10-08-16 Background check started 29-07-16
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
I know..but sometimes it is hard to not question the time it takes!

If they read this forum, I might add ALL my dates on the left are false..honest..no use tracking me down by those dates.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
I know..but sometimes it is hard to not question the time it takes!

If they read this forum, I might add ALL my dates on the left are false..honest..no use tracking me down by those dates.
Did you get an AOR2?? we didn't. Doesn't that come from the VO?

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
profiler said:
Did you get an AOR2?? we didn't. Doesn't that come from the VO?
Yes I did, and put a lot of stock in it as well...but through checking I have found it means nada really, and sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.

For me I think when my GCMS notes come next month (first ever set) then a lot of the confusion will be lifted as I can actually see what is going on and read that VO's notes. Am I streamlined? If not why is the background check instigated so early? Why a request for PCC when it is in file? etc etc

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
Yes I did, and put a lot of stock in it as well...but through checking I have found it means nada really, and sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.

For me I think when my GCMS notes come next month (first ever set) then a lot of the confusion will be lifted as I can actually see what is going on and read that VO's notes. Am I streamlined? If not why is the background check instigated so early? Why a request for PCC when it is in file? etc etc
I think I might order our GCMS notes too. No one seems to be telling me why it was requested, or what happened to the originals we included when we sent our app in. We didn't get an AOR2 though, which is strange?

lanaswift

Aug 18, 2016
Help!

We submitted our inland spousal sponsorship with application for open work permit last june 2016 and received notification of receipt with file number. The notice, however, merely stated that the application to sponsor and the application for PR were received (emails sent separately to us, the spouses).

My question is, does this notice of receipt apply to the application for open work permit too? my visitor visa has expired and I believe I am on implied status right now.

Is there supposed to be a separate notification of receipt of the application for an open work permit?

Your help would be much appreciated.

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
lanaswift said:
Help!

We submitted our inland spousal sponsorship with application for open work permit last june 2016 and received notification of receipt with file number. The notice, however, merely stated that the application to sponsor and the application for PR were received (emails sent separately to us, the spouses).

My question is, does this notice of receipt apply to the application for open work permit too? my visitor visa has expired and I believe I am on implied status right now.

Is there supposed to be a separate notification of receipt of the application for an open work permit?

We did not receive an AOR for the open work permit... it simply arrived via mail approximately 4 months after we submitted the app.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
lanaswift said:
Help!

You have implied status. OWP seems to be an elusive magical thing that just shows up in your mailbox sometimes around the 4 month mark (from receipt). Ours showed up about 4 days before we could call to ask where it went.

lanaswift

Aug 18, 2016
thank you for the quick reply. Whew! I have stressed over this for days. So, there is no way of checking the status of the OWP?

Kjaggikaur

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Hi All,

So my OWP is finally approved. Just checked the status. Will it come in mail now or do I have to call CIC? Thank you all for supporting me.

logistics26

Feb 6, 2016
Timeline update:

App. Received Feb 2nd.

AOR March 21st

OWP May 18

Medical submitted July 15

Call in notice to finalize PR August 11

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
Kjaggikaur said:
Hi All,

So my OWP is finally approved. Just checked the status. Will it come in mail now or do I have to call CIC? Thank you all for supporting me.
lovely..told ya nothing to worry about...my turn in 4 weeks..what is your application date?may the ?

Techo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/7/2015
Doc's Request.
Not yet
AOR Received.
28/8/2015
File Transfer...
28/9/2015
Med's Done....
Re-medical on 4/July/2016
Interview........
In process status on 19 October 2015
hello everyone,

how long it will take to get passport back from Ottawa ?
we have submitted our passport for stamping to Ottawa on Aug 9.

Anyone has any idea about it ?

thanks

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
Techo said:
hello everyone,

how long it will take to get passport back from Ottawa ?
we have submitted our passport for stamping to Ottawa on Aug 9.

Anyone has any idea about it ?

thanks
Sorry this is Inland only bud...no idea about passports being stamped, thats outland.