Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
cenker said:
hi everyone, here`s something confusing to me about police certificates.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certified translator.

this is what it says on CIC website.

So I`m assuming I`m good according to this statement. The thing is my Romanian PCC I submitted is more than 1 year old (issued after I left Romania) and I have no ways to get it again if they ask. I have nobody in Romania and the Romanian embassy in Ottawa does not provide one. I was living there with my ex-wife but that`s past and since I left that country I have never been there anymore. I really hope they won`t ask for it again. Otherwise I don`t know what to do. Any idea?
This might be what you are looking for: http://toronto.mae.ro/node/278

I picked Toronto, because I know other former soviet states have Consulates in Toronto. You can definitely try others..

cenker

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June 2016
It`s not about where, it`s about who`s asking. Even for a Romanian citizen it takes 3-4 months they said. I`m not a citizen, I am not married to a romanian anymore and my romanian PR expired already. So, in their eyes at the moment I am nobody. I could fly over there and try to get it by myself which is more than impossible financially and time wise. Anyway, I submitted my application August 11th. I`ll wait and see how it goes. Fingers crossed.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
cenker said:
hi everyone, here`s something confusing to me about police certificates.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certified translator.

this is what it says on CIC website.

So I`m assuming I`m good according to this statement. The thing is my Romanian PCC I submitted is more than 1 year old (issued after I left Romania) and I have no ways to get it again if they ask. I have nobody in Romania and the Romanian embassy in Ottawa does not provide one. I was living there with my ex-wife but that`s past and since I left that country I have never been there anymore. I really hope they won`t ask for it again. Otherwise I don`t know what to do. Any idea?
I would say you better hurry cause it takes about 3 month for them to issue a PCC, although you can get it in 5 mins if you are asking it in person while you are in RO :(
I got mine 5 days before leaving to Canada...

You can ask the consulate to issue a PCC for the time you were in RO even if you're not a PR anymore.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
cenker said:
It`s not about where, it`s about who`s asking. Even for a Romanian citizen it takes 3-4 months they said. I`m not a citizen, I am not married to a romanian anymore and my romanian PR expired already. So, in their eyes at the moment I am nobody. I could fly over there and try to get it by myself which is more than impossible financially and time wise. Anyway, I submitted my application August 11th. I`ll wait and see how it goes. Fingers crossed.
They would still have to have a record of you being a PR. No harm in trying?

cenker

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June 2016
I tried. That`s how I know all this. I even had to request it from my ex-wife to talk to them. No result. Anyway, as I said, It was obtained way after I left and I have never been there again. It`s been 4 years since I came to Canada and never crossed the ocean since then. I really think it should be fine.

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
cenker said:
I tried. That`s how I know all this. I even had to request it from my ex-wife to talk to them. No result. Anyway, as I said, It was obtained way after I left and I have never been there again. It`s been 4 years since I came to Canada and never crossed the ocean since then. I really think it should be fine.
- 4 years since you left the country
- 1 year since you have the PCC
- the PCC must be issued after you left the country > I would say you are fine

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
- 4 years since you left the country
- 1 year since you have the PCC
- the PCC must be issued after you left the country > I would say you are fine
I think the problem is they are only valid for 6 months. If you are applying for a visa/sponsorship/etc from IRCC, you might want to talk to them about your troubles. Because they require you to submit all the Police Reports for the last 10 years, for every country you resided in for more than 6 months. They may or may not have a solution for you...

cenker

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June 2016
Yes it was issued after I left, that`s what I`m saying. I got it before our divorce through her when she visited romania. She got it for me so that I have it just in case. But now there`s no one who can get it for me. I can`t go there and obviously she`s not gonna go there just to get a PCC for me :p

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
profiler said:
I think the problem is they are only valid for 6 months. If you are applying for a visa/sponsorship/etc from IRCC, you might want to talk to them about your troubles. Because they require you to submit all the Police Reports for the last 10 years, for every country you resided in for more than 6 months. They may or may not have a solution for you...
That's also true, BUT: if you weren't in that country for let's say 4 years , it's impossible that you commited any felony in the last 6 month there..

Kjaggikaur

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
erable_rouge said:
I applied on 29 April'16. Haven't got any email about my OWP? Any April'16 applicants here? Any update?
Hi erable_rouge
Did you check your status online? You should give them a call and check

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
maria_mirabela said:
That's also true, BUT: if you weren't in that country for let's say 4 years , it's impossible that you commited any felony in the last 6 month there..
My wife had a PCC issued in Moscow and translated there less than a week before departing to live in Canada. The IRCC has requested another. If she committed a felony, I would have expected they wouldn't allow her on a plane.

Unfortunately, in our case, it seems the IRCC does not possess the same reasoning it seems...

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Kjaggikaur said:
Hi All,

So my OWP is finally approved. Just checked the status. Will it come in mail now or do I have to call CIC? Thank you all for supporting me.
Congrats Kjaggikaur! Fantastic news.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
logistics26 said:
Timeline update:

App. Received Feb 2nd.

AOR March 21st

OWP May 18

Medical submitted July 15

Call in notice to finalize PR August 11
Congrats Logistics! ;D Wow! That was fast.

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
10-08-16 Background check started 29-07-16
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
I also believe, as the CIC guidelines state, that any certificate issued AFTER you left the country is valid. However at the same time the letter above, is from the people directly involved in deciding my fate. As I stated in my original post, I'm taking the action I described on my own judgement, it is more than possible as the above letters are not widespread (only 2 I have read about have received these) it is possible it's one VO living in the past, or asked to deal with cases who does not normally, or hasn't for years, but asked to do so for streamlining. But who is using rules from a year ago etc.

I realize by posting the above I may have put some people into panic mode, but I would have felt irresponsible if I had read of the above letter, quietly submitted for my PCC, and said nothing.

Ironically, if someone was refused on the grounds described, I personally believe, as a layman, this would be grounds to appeal to the federal court, as IRCC are stating one thing then doing the total opposite. I would just rather avoid this situation altogether.

Based on their own posted guidelines (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp)

I "live" in Canada currently, and indeed have Temporary resident status, and have done since Nov last year, a Canadian PCC is not required for an Inland application, unless requested. This certificate would be the one required to be less than 6 months old, if asked for, as I currently reside in Canada. My home countries PCC comes under the second part of the above guidelines, and could be years old, in my eyes, and still be valid...it's is this one they have specifically asked for in the first letter, a variant of which, those affected all received.

Or am I totally missing the point?

cenker

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June 2016
I`ll see how it goes. If they ask, I`ll do my best or at least contact them to make a reasonable explanation why I can`t get one. Thanks for all the insight guys.