Mississauga (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016/AOR 2 29-06-2016
Crais84 said:
My bad mate, was under the assumption you were in Canada already and had been since 2012. Sucks with your situation and what happened back in 2014. I hope things improve soon for you and it goes smoothly from now on and hopefully quickly too. It is annoying it takes 4 months to get the OWP especially if you cannot work. I was fortunate that when my IEC visa ran out we had just gotten common law status and we sent in my spousal application and I went into implied status.

Fingers crossed for you that everything improves from here and you will soon get your OWP and be able to work.
Thanks, I thought IEC didn't benefit from Implied status (thus you have without meaning to been working illegally for those 4 months)? Not trying to put the wind up you, someone on another forum asked that very question and was directed to the page at CIC. I at no point claim to be an immigration expert, (far from it). But I have lived breathed and eaten immigration forums for the past 3 years and it is amazing what crap sticks in your head. I actually read further into it just now (sitting at home, nothing to do) and that does seem to be the case.

Your Temporary Resident status is implied, but your work permit expires on the date of the IEC.

As the 4 months have just happened, I'm guessing anything that would happen, would be when you file your taxes and CRA realise you had no valid SIN for that period....it might get missed, and I really hope it does, as you and I both know what working illegally means to PR.

If I'm correct (and i actually really hope I'm not, but it does seem to state that) I would suggest you never admit to the event ever again, on public forums or in life!

Alam EIT

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
browning911 said:
Thanks Alam. I see that you have received AOR1 (sponsor) and AOR2 (principal applicant).

We only received AOR1 maybe because the sponsor is the representative? Not sure.

Under My CIC it does not show that they have started anything yet so we order the GCMS notes. Hopefully that will get us some additional information.
Thanks for the info browning911.
Since I have the study permit, I can work. But I prefer to wait and search for a good job which
match with my skill set. Hope everything work out fine.

botengcoke

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 3 2016
AOR Received.
May 3,2016
browning911 said:
Congrats Botengcoke! So Happy for you. Glad to know persons who submitted an application on almost the same date as us.

Time to start the job search! Are you in the province of Ontario?

im from edmonton Alberta. finger cross i hope and i pray we will reach the Final Stage... To Everyone on this treand just keep believing! have Faith!...
Patience is a Virtue!...

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
PCC requested 10th Aug-letter sent to advise already sent in appl.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
Alam EIT said:
Thanks for the info browning911.
Since I have the study permit, I can work. But I prefer to wait and search for a good job which
match with my skill set. Hope everything work out fine.
Hi Alam just thought id say hi as we have exactly the same timeline, I received my AOR's on the same dates you did. Ill look out for your posts incase your hear about OWP anytime soon!

Alam EIT

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Ringlands said:
Hi Alam just thought id say hi as we have exactly the same timeline, I received my AOR's on the same dates you did. Ill look out for your posts incase your hear about OWP anytime soon!
welcome my friend Ringlands.
Lets make the journey together. :)

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
I was studying the timelines spreadsheet and it seems that after the wave of approvals on the week of July 13, there were hardly any new SA or AIP. Mind you OWPs were arriving a bit faster than 4 months which is a good development.

hopefully they restart issuing SAs and AIPs soon!!!

Also I was wondering whether any of the 2016 folks with SA and or AIP have been successful connecting their application to MyCi? what it shows about the status?

thanks guys!
ZumbaG

sipfarms

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02- 2016
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016 Police Cert.
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016 to Vancouver
Med's Done....
Upfront with previous work permit, expired but passed 30-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
CanadianAlien said:
Thanks, I thought IEC didn't benefit from Implied status (thus you have without meaning to been working illegally for those 4 months)? Not trying to put the wind up you, someone on another forum asked that very question and was directed to the page at CIC. I at no point claim to be an immigration expert, (far from it). But I have lived breathed and eaten immigration forums for the past 3 years and it is amazing what crap sticks in your head. I actually read further into it just now (sitting at home, nothing to do) and that does seem to be the case.

Your Temporary Resident status is implied, but your work permit expires on the date of the IEC.

As the 4 months have just happened, I'm guessing anything that would happen, would be when you file your taxes and CRA realise you had no valid SIN for that period....it might get missed, and I really hope it does, as you and I both know what working illegally means to PR.

If I'm correct (and i actually really hope I'm not, but it does seem to state that) I would suggest you never admit to the event ever again, on public forums or in life!
In exactly same boat here & left Canada to go home for wedding BEFORE OWP was approved. All advice on this forum said it couldn't be done & that implied status didn't apply to IEC etc etc. I also couldn't find any actual experience on this forum of someone being in trouble. I couldn't find anywhere on CIC website where it says that implied status for work doesn't apply to IEC holders that have applied for PR.
Consultation with immigration agent as well as plenty of phone calls to different people in CIC said that implied status DID apply & work could continue while remaining in the country. If leave, it was up to border services as to what happens when arriving back in Canada & one of options was that entry could have been denied.
Took the chance, left & entered no problem at all but only as a visitor until OWP was approved because leaving the country cancelled my implied status. I'm no immigration expert either. Can only pass on this particular experience. I wouldn't stress about it Crais84.

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
CanadianAlien said:

My lawyers advised me I would get implied status when my OWP application went in with the spousal sponsorship application. It might have something to do with the new pilot scheme they ran December 2014 to December 2015 and then decided to extend it. All I know was that my lawyers (who are an immigration law firm) said I was fine. But other than that I don't know what you're on about ;) ;) nudge nudge

german97

Dec 3, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
zumbagirl said:
I was studying the timelines spreadsheet and it seems that after the wave of approvals on the week of July 13, there were hardly any new SA or AIP. Mind you OWPs were arriving a bit faster than 4 months which is a good development.

Also I was wondering whether any of the 2016 folks with SA and or AIP have been successful connecting their application to MyCi? what it shows about the status?

thanks guys!
ZumbaG

Where is this application? Details

Application/profile status Open

Review of eligibility Review in Progress

Review of medical results Not needed at this time

Review of submitted documents

Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time

A background check is needed In Progress

Final decision Not Started

That's what it shows for our application Zumba. I'm thinking their online updates are lagging a bit behind because we've already received AIP and it says that they're still reviewing the eligibility. On a side note we sent everything off in the application package; all the fees, medical, and police clearance in one swoop hoping to reduce any wait times.

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
zumbagirl said:

thanks guys!
ZumbaG
Yes..I observed that too. Nobody's got an SA or AIP after 03/29 (submission date).

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
erable_rouge said:
Yes..I observed that too. Nobody's got an SA or AIP after 03/29 (submission date).
Maybe that means us March 30 and after will start receiving SA in August and September. I hope....

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
german97 said:
Where is this application? Details

Application/profile status Open

Review of eligibility Review in Progress

Review of medical results Not needed at this time

Review of submitted documents

Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time

A background check is needed In Progress

Final decision Not Started

That's what it shows for our application Zumba. I'm thinking their online updates are lagging a bit behind because we've already received AIP and it says that they're still reviewing the eligibility. On a side note we sent everything off in the application package; all the fees, medical, and police clearance in one swoop hoping to reduce any wait times.

hi german
thanks for the info! maybe the reviewing the eligibility is the indication for AIP??
ZumbaG

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Morning everyone!

Where is sheisoptimistic? Did you get your work permit yet? If you are still on this site, please send a reply.

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
browning911 said:
Maybe that means us March 30 and after will start receiving SA in August and September. I hope....
let us hope! Good luck to everybody!

CanadianAlien

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016/AOR 2 29-06-2016
stream-lined applications are being "farmed out" now to different offices to cut processing times, it could also be the speed of the processing office (traditionally Ottawa has been the fastest). That is the office I hope processes mine. Mississauga started with files on every VO's desk, the farmed out locations/new hires had clear desks, I could well believe all those that share my AOR dates are all being processed in the same office. (ie those filed on a certain date all go to X office, or those from the UK/US (traditionally a very straightforward app) go to Y office). If the recent flurry of activity is the bench mark then SA for my application is due in the next 3-4 weeks, and this is what I am waiting for, to get an idea if the recent wave was just a flash in the pan to appease the minister. On a side note my application sponsor/main applicant has not even started processing (3rd june 2016) so I'm not too hopeful.