+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Alam EIT

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
samahmedpk2000 said:
I am on same stage, now can access application status through sponsor login. Applicant has already got AOR2. But E-login says sponsor received AOR1 on 21 May, but we never received it (or deleted).

You can check my timeline with name of Arsal on spreadsheet.
Hi Arsal,

I am also in the same state. When did you apply?
Did you also apply for OWP?

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Alam EIT said:
Hi Arsal,

I am also in the same state. When did you apply?
Did you also apply for OWP?
on 15th April 2016. You can see details on that spreadsheet. Currently on student visa, about to complete my Master's will apply for the postgraduate work permit if application won't process by that time.

pk1988

May 21, 2015
AK16 said:
Call them and check the status. Mine hasn't come even after 5 months because they forgot to create a file for it.
I did call them up and the agent mentioned that open work permit is still in process and if no decison is made until October 10, then we should call back. I don't know what is wrong and why would they say October 10th.
I am really worried now because that's basically more than 8 months for open work permit.. and PR would be delayed further if this is the case. Is anybody else in the same situation?

rmv

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
My timeline according to ecas is:
We received your application to sponsor applicant on April 21, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 26, 2016.
We started processing your application on May 25, 2016.

There is no mention about OWP. Is it normal?

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
rmv said:
My timeline according to ecas is:
We received your application to sponsor applicant on April 21, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 26, 2016.
We started processing your application on May 25, 2016.

There is no mention about OWP. Is it normal?

Yes it is normal, the first time you will hear from them about OWP when they send an email to you noitifying that it has been approved. It is typically 4 months.
ZumbaG

MariaCoco13

Jun 15, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have a question. I didn't do the medical exam when I sent the application. I was going to do it now before they request it but I read on the CIC page that says
to send it up-front when you submit your application package or wait until immigration request it. Should i wait?
Thanks and good luck to everyone :-*

mdecac

Jul 17, 2015
I was checking my MyCIC account with OWP linked to it and it shows Approved under the "Details" column but when I clicked in the "Check status and messages" button nothing has changed. Still shows: application status-open and final decision-not started.

Is this standard or should I expect to see changes in the sections mentioned above? Maybe somebody who is or was tracking his/her application with MyCIC can share his/her experience with this subject.

PR and OWP Apps received by CIC: March 31 2016

Thanks.

sheisoptimistic

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga to Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
29-APR-2016 / AIP 14-JUL-2016
File Transfer...
05-JUL-2016
Med's Request
14-JUL-2016
Med's Done....
27-JUL-2016
Interview........
Etobicoke
Passport Req..
17-JUN-2016
FINALLY GOT 2ND AOR FOR MY HUSBAND :p :D.. THEY ASKED FOR HIS UPFRONT MEDICAL IN THE LETTER.
FILLED OUT THE OPEN WORK PERMIT AND WILL BE SENDING THAT ASAP.

UPDATED THE SPREADSHEET SO I CAN ADD TO TO TIMELINES FOR FUTURE HELP.

foreignEx

Jun 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2016
Interview........
14-07-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
MariaCoco13 said:
Hi Guys,

I have a question. I didn't do the medical exam when I sent the application. I was going to do it now before they request it but I read on the CIC page that says
to send it up-front when you submit your application package or wait until immigration request it. Should i wait?
Thanks and good luck to everyone :-*
I did the same and waited for them to say it. They will send you a letter instructing you to do so. Mine came when they approved my sponsor. They may contact you or the sponsor by your email or your sponsor email or by regular mail.

foreignEx

Jun 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2016
Interview........
14-07-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
mdecac said:
I was checking my MyCIC account with OWP linked to it and it shows Approved under the "Details" column but when I clicked in the "Check status and messages" button nothing has changed. Still shows: application status-open and final decision-not started.

Is this standard or should I expect to see changes in the sections mentioned above? Maybe somebody who is or was tracking his/her application with MyCIC can share his/her experience with this subject.

PR and OWP Apps received by CIC: March 31 2016

Thanks.
They don't really track down much on either e-cas or myCIC . It will be frustrating just looking at it too. They will make you wait for it for the last minute. But your OWP should be coming soon as they generally get approved 4 months after sending the app.

foreignEx

Jun 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2016
Interview........
14-07-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
pk1988 said:
I did call them up and the agent mentioned that open work permit is still in process and if no decison is made until October 10, then we should call back. I don't know what is wrong and why would they say October 10th.
I am really worried now because that's basically more than 8 months for open work permit.. and PR would be delayed further if this is the case. Is anybody else in the same situation?
They said October 10 because that is the deadline they set to finish the OWP. If October 10 comes and you still didn't have a reply for the OWP, then that is the only time call centre agents can basically "act" on your application and basically ask the immigration officer on your behalf directly. Until then, call centre agents cannot contact immigration directly.

OWP and PR application are processed separately. That means, PR application is not dependent on how fast OWP was processed. You may have to look into the timeline spreadsheet in this forum to have an idea of the general time PR would be processed. And each immigration officer handling is different from another immigration officer.

skg1989

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
surrey
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys
when can i check application status
i have recieved 2 emails. one i have recieved
one my husband saying we have received your file

when and how to check ecas.

mdecac

Jul 17, 2015
skg1989 said:
hey guys
when can i check application status
i have recieved 2 emails. one i have recieved
one my husband saying we have received your file

when and how to check ecas.
It could take a week or two after the sponsor or the applicant receives AOR, in this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp you choose "family sponsorship" and follow the rest of the instructions. It usually works with sponsor UCI, just make sure that that if you use sponsor UCI also use sponsor details as last name, date and country of birth. You can also try with Application Number that starts with "F" and applicant details. If you have two last names make sure to input both of them.

Hope that helps.

mdecac

Jul 17, 2015
foreignEx said:
They don't really track down much on either e-cas or myCIC . It will be frustrating just looking at it too. They will make you wait for it for the last minute. But your OWP should be coming soon as they generally get approved 4 months after sending the app.

Thank you.

cesedebe

Jun 29, 2016
Hello 2016 inlanders,

My application was received by CIC April 7th 2016 and AOR on May 7th 2016.
But when I check the status of my application on CIC.gc.ca it still says "Application Received".
When should I expect a status change to "In Process"?

I sent an OWP application along with PR, and I haven't linked my accounts yet.

Work permit hasn't arrived yet.