+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

MariaCoco13

Jun 15, 2016
Did anyone here not use a lawyer/immigration consultant etc?
I did not use anyone, did all the papers by myself so I want to know if that will affect my application.
Any information would be greatly appreciated Thank you! :-*

CanadianAlien

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016/AOR 2 29-06-2016
IF you are confident to fill in the forms and get the required info why spend $3-4K?.......I didn't.

When I looked at the checklist and realised I would have to get those documents (birth certs, marriage certs, pay stubs, etc etc) myself and forward them to whom ever was doing my application, it just seemed logical to fill in the forms myself and save the money.

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
CanadianAlien said:
IF you are confident to fill in the forms and get the required info why spend $3-4K?.......I didn't.

When I looked at the checklist and realised I would have to get those documents (birth certs, marriage certs, pay stubs, etc etc) myself and forward them to whom ever was doing my application, it just seemed logical to fill in the forms myself and save the money.
yeah, I think many people are misguided or misled into believing that lawyers/consultants have some special inside pull with the government (maybe because traditionally in some countries of the world this kind of thing does exist, luckily Canada is not like that)

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
volkov said:
yeah, I think many people are misguided or misled into believing that lawyers/consultants have some special inside pull with the government (maybe because traditionally in some countries of the world this kind of thing does exist, luckily Canada is not like that)
I used a law firm to do the paperwork for me. I was not misguided or misled into believing they have special pull but I can see some people thinking that. I do regret using a law firm (mainly because they overcharged me $2,000 for bull**** reasons but hey ho you live and learn) but I must admit it was a weight off my shoulders knowing that all the paperwork went in and there is the slimmest chance something gets back as they lawyers made sure all forms were signed, dated correctly and used the correct forms as they are on top of new forms CIC are using. Plus I knew I was liable to miss something or make an error somewhere on a form so personally I am glad I had the lawyers doing it for me. Just wish they had not overcharged me

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
April 10, 2017 Request for Further Info
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
Hi Everyone

Im new to this forum and am hoping that you can answer a few questions for me :)
I sent my application for inland sponsorship via same day delivery on June 30, 2016. I have seen posts within other subjects on this site and am wondering what an AOR is that people keep mentioning? They have also mentioned that they have got them within 3 weeks of applying.

I know that the CIC website says they are currently taking up to 2 and half years to process inland applications but has anyone had a success story of their application being processed reasonably fast? Unless i made mistakes on the application i feel that it was filled out very comprehensively and i provide A LOT of evidence to show that i have been with my spouse for over three years and common law for over a year. I also completed the medical upfront in February and paid for both the application and right of permanent residency already.

I currently have a working holiday visa that expires in April 2017. Im going to apply for another open work permit well before April but by that point I will have met the cut off of 4 years for working in Canada on a work permit. My only hope of getting a new open work permit is proving that i didnt have a job for the first few months on getting here and was just travelling but i am worried that CIC might turn around and say thats too bad i had the opportunity to work for those months but chose not too because of the fact that it was a Working Holiday Visa and not just a work permit for a particular employer. I will provide a Record of Employment for the jobs i have held while here though and hope for the best in relation to everything getting process quickly.

Any comments and help on either of the above issues would be greatly appreciated!! And I thank you in advance!

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
We are still patiently waiting on OWP. I awake every morning and go check CIC and e-mail.

Submitted applications (Spousal, PR and OWP) on 30 Mar 2016. Received AOR on 3rd May 2016.

Bex0987, AOR is an e-mail acknowledgement from CIC advising sponsor that they have received application. Not everyone receives AOR.

jcooper

Jan 22, 2016
Hi everyone! I've been a lurker on here for a while...
I sent in my application Feb, 2016 and my husband just received an email from CIC today stating that he has been approved as a sponsor!!! Just wondering if anyone has any interpretation of what this could mean considering that I haven't seen/heard of anyone else receiving sponsor approval for 2016 applications yet? I'm super excited but don't want to get my hopes up!!!

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
jcooper said:

I sent in my application Feb, 2016 and my husband just received an email from CIC today stating that he has been approved as a sponsor!!! Just wondering if anyone has any interpretation of what this could mean considering that I haven't seen/heard of anyone else receiving sponsor approval for 2016 applications yet? I'm super excited but don't want to get my hopes up!!!
Congrats jcooper! That is fantastic news for you. I assume you applied inland? The next stage after approval of sponsor is PR application (for principal applicant)

jcooper

Jan 22, 2016
browning911 said:
Congrats jcooper! That is fantastic news for you. I assume you applied inland? The next stage after approval of sponsor is PR application (for principal applicant)
sorry yes, inland applicant ;)

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
jcooper said:
congrats :) your application must b the fastest one among all :)

mnimmigrant2016

May 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband got a letter today stating "you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence (APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly." I'm assuming that is our sponsorship approval, so yay!!! I updated the spreadsheet. We submitted our application at the end of March and have gotten this now, so that is good news. :D

I submitted my OWP separately from my application about 6-8 weeks after I sent in our sponsorship and PR app due to some bad advice I had gotten. Anyways, does anyone have experience with the timeline when an OWP has been submitted after the fact? Has it typically taken the 4 months from the OWP submission date or 4 months from the original PR app date? Just curious if anyone knows anything about that. Thank you!

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-04-2016 & AOR 2 10-06-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
04-11-2016; Passed end of March 2017
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
mnimmigrant2016 said:
My husband got a letter today stating "you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence (APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly." I'm assuming that is our sponsorship approval, so yay!!! I updated the spreadsheet. We submitted our application at the end of March and have gotten this now, so that is good news. :D

I submitted my OWP separately from my application about 6-8 weeks after I sent in our sponsorship and PR app due to some bad advice I had gotten. Anyways, does anyone have experience with the timeline when an OWP has been submitted after the fact? Has it typically taken the 4 months from the OWP submission date or 4 months from the original PR app date? Just curious if anyone knows anything about that. Thank you!
THAT IS AWESOME! Did you send in your medical and residence fee up front??

CanadianAlien

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016/AOR 2 29-06-2016
mnimmigrant2016 said:

Okay so based on that time line...fast track SA is 3 months..be interesting if April onwards start receiving theirs.

mnimmigrant2016

May 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legolg said:
THAT IS AWESOME! Did you send in your medical and residence fee up front??
Thank you! I submitted my residence fee up front but have not completed the medical yet.