+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

KAY111

Dec 18, 2014
Hi,

I've sent my Sponsorship application and work permit application in May. I've recently completed my upfront medical examination and I want to send the medical document to CIC. Can any one please tell me to which address do I need to post and along with Upfront medical document, do I need to include any other documents.

Please suggest. Thank you.

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
I've sent my Sponsorship application and work permit application in May. I've recently completed my upfront medical examination and I want to send the medical document to CIC. Can any one please tell me to which address do I need to post and along with Upfront medical document, do I need to include any other documents.

Please suggest. Thank you.
Assuming you have received an AOR and therefore have an Application Number, you can send a Case Specific Inquiry (CSE) and attach the document in PDF form. This is the easiest way to update your file. Also saves some money on postage. Just the eMedical form with the UMI barcode on it is what you need to send.

vaya

Star Member
Jul 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
Hi everyone,
We received our SA yesterday as well, and with the email came a not stating that we should pay the Right to Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) as soon as possible - we haven't heard back from them about my application yet (it doesn't say "in progress" etc. at all online). So I'm wondering how you guys dealt with that? Did you pay in advance? Should we wait until we hear from CIC? How long does it usually take after SA for them to get started with other application?

I am very sorry to hear that some people are still waiting - my guess is that it is a combination of straight forward applications (which ours is, I'd say) and the application landing on a pile of one of the newly hired officers ... But I am sure everybody's application will process faster than they would have a year ago, one way or another! Keeping fingers crossed.

jcooper

Jan 22, 2016
vaya said:
Hi everyone,
We received our SA yesterday as well, and with the email came a not stating that we should pay the Right to Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) as soon as possible - we haven't heard back from them about my application yet (it doesn't say "in progress" etc. at all online). So I'm wondering how you guys dealt with that? Did you pay in advance? Should we wait until we hear from CIC? How long does it usually take after SA for them to get started with other application?

I am very sorry to hear that some people are still waiting - my guess is that it is a combination of straight forward applications (which ours is, I'd say) and the application landing on a pile of one of the newly hired officers ... But I am sure everybody's application will process faster than they would have a year ago, one way or another! Keeping fingers crossed.
We got the same SA- it has a note in the pdf saying if you have not payed the RPRF you should. Fortunately we paid it when we applied and included the receipt with our application. In your case, I would pay it online and send the receipt via CSE (Case Specific Inquiry) online

inlandguy

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Hello Guys,

I would like to ask if you or somebody here encountered same situation.

We've checked our application status online (ECAS) using sponsors UCI number, when the results comes out, It stated:

Sponsored Person Sponsorship Application Status Permanent Resident Application Status
Applicant Name In Process Application Received

By checking that, you can click the "In Process" to make you understand it. After i checked it how come the details are:

The following tables will help you understand the status of your application.

Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class Living Outside Canada
Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class Living Outside Canada for Sponsors Living in the Province of Quebec

Im confused we applied inland application.

Second thing, We update our mailing address because it's no correct, and now when checking your ECAS, The mailing address box is already remove, you can only see your home address box.

That's the problem i can see while checking ECAS. What do you think guys? need some help. Thank you in advance.

sipfarms

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02- 2016
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016 Police Cert.
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016 to Vancouver
Med's Done....
Upfront with previous work permit, expired but passed 30-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
inlandguy said:
Hello Guys,

We've checked our application status online (ECAS) using sponsors UCI number, when the results comes out, It stated:

Sponsored Person Sponsorship Application Status Permanent Resident Application Status

By checking that, you can click the "In Process" to make you understand it. After i checked it how come the details are:

Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class Living Outside Canada for Sponsors Living in the Province of Quebec

Second thing, We update our mailing address because it's no correct, and now when checking your ECAS, The mailing address box is already remove, you can only see your home address box.

That's the problem i can see while checking ECAS. What do you think guys? need some help. Thank you in advance.
I think there's problems with ECAS. Maybe the officers are so busy processing that they don't have time to update ECAS. Also changed addresses & it removed one box and the other isn't correct. Have done it online twice over last couple of months & sent it via Case Specific Enquiry just in case. Don't want mail going to the wrong address. Understanding of the status of application also says living outside Canada. Never noticed before.

sipfarms

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02- 2016
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016 Police Cert.
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016 to Vancouver
Med's Done....
Upfront with previous work permit, expired but passed 30-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
vaya said:
Hi everyone,

Congrats Vaya. Just wondering if you did police check & medical upfront?

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
inlandguy said:
Hello Guys,

Inlandguy, ours says the same thing. Would not worry about this as I think it is just a standard ECAS note and they do not bother making it specific for each application submitted.

Re: Address: I would send a CSE note updating the address.

Congrats Vaya!! Great news!

I thought ours was straightforward too but still patiently waiting for SA and OWP. We paid PR fee upfront and did the medical on 27th June, 2016.

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
April 10, 2017 Request for Further Info
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
browning911 said:
We are still patiently waiting on OWP. I awake every morning and go check CIC and e-mail.

Submitted applications (Spousal, PR and OWP) on 30 Mar 2016. Received AOR on 3rd May 2016.

Bex0987, AOR is an e-mail acknowledgement from CIC advising sponsor that they have received application. Not everyone receives AOR.

Hi Browning911 - Thank you for your reply!!

You mentioned that not everyone receives the AOR - in that case how are you supposed to know they officially received the application and have started looking at it?

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
April 10, 2017 Request for Further Info
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
I was just wondering if anyone knows if CIC run a police check on the Canadian sponsor? I as the applicant obviously provided my police check but how comprehensively do they check out the sponsor?

I just realized my boyfriend hasnt changed his licence address to our current address and im worried when they run the police check it will look like he is living somewhere else. I dont want this to be an issue as EVERYTHING else that we have provided says our current address. We can go get this updated but what if they have already run the check. Im hoping this wont effect anything and make it look like we are lying about where we are living!

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Just checked the spreadsheet, looks like CIC is issuing AOR fatser than before. Many, late May or June applicants have received the AORs withing 30 days.

Also, I have received my second AOR on 29 June'16. Should I do the medicals upfront? Your thoughts?

inlandguy

Star Member
May 12, 2016
I've already change my mailing address online the after 5 days the mailing address box is removed, The Home address box that's left on my ECAS. I updated it again the following day (mailing address) and now few weeks later still the same. I guess we have to adjust the way CIC handles the ECAS.

Thank you again guys, SipFarms and browning911 for the info. .

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
bex0987 said:
Hi Browning911 - Thank you for your reply!!

You mentioned that not everyone receives the AOR - in that case how are you supposed to know they officially received the application and have started looking at it?
Hey Bex, I think you should call the CIC telephone number and/or send a CSE note asking them you confirm receipt since you have no UCI for sponsor to check on status of both sponsor and principal applicant. Inform them that you never received AOR for sponsor and you want the ability to check for updates on CIC and avoid calling the CIC number.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
erable_rouge said:
Just checked the spreadsheet, looks like CIC is issuing AOR fatser than before. Many, late May or June applicants have received the AORs withing 30 days.

Also, I have received my second AOR on 29 June'16. Should I do the medicals upfront? Your thoughts?
Initially we did not do the medical because I read on this forum that sometimes they ask you to redo it so we wanted to save money. Then as I was reading on this forum that it may delay application when they ask you for medical so we decided to do it and had it done on 27th June, 2016. Doctor said it would take two weeks to send to CIC.

IMHO, I think you should just do it especially since you have received second AOR. Congrats!!!

We have not received second AOR. I am hoping it is because sponsor is the authorized representative so why send it twice.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
bex0987 said:
I was just wondering if anyone knows if CIC run a police check on the Canadian sponsor? I as the applicant obviously provided my police check but how comprehensively do they check out the sponsor?

I just realized my boyfriend hasnt changed his licence address to our current address and im worried when they run the police check it will look like he is living somewhere else. I dont want this to be an issue as EVERYTHING else that we have provided says our current address. We can go get this updated but what if they have already run the check. Im hoping this wont effect anything and make it look like we are lying about where we are living!
I do not think CIC runs a police check on Sponsor.

However, I think sponsor should change address to reflect what is on application.