AOR Received.
04-Jun-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, passed
Passport Req..
Valid passport requested 30-MAR-2017
LANDED..........
09-AUG-2017
Ha! Figured it out. When it said that an application was found it gave me the option to go back to the main page, but i didn't realize i also had an option to link the application. Silly me. So I typed everything again, clicked on the right button and voila! Linked.

Im surprised I managed to link it this fast. It's only been a month since I applied.

DrBrown said:
Question.

Just managed to link my paper app for OWP to myCIC account. It said that an application was found, except when I went back to the main account page, under the "Submitted application/profile" section, there wasn't anything listed there.

I remembered some people having this problem. What did you guys do?
Do I need to wait until it updates? Is this normal?

App received May 6th (PR + OWP)
AOR received June 4th

inlandguy

Star Member
May 12, 2016
browning911 said:
The AOR (CIC Acknowledgement of Receipt) letter was e-mailed to Sponsor. It indicated the Sponsorship Approval (SA) was in process and PR (Permanent Residence Application) was received. The correspondence had both a UCI number and an application number. The UCI on the correspondence is Sponsor's UCI.
Thank you browning911. How about the principal's applicant UCI? How can you get it?

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
sipfarms said:
Yay! Congratulations.
Whoop Whoop! Congrats Zumbagirl!

Gabrielhca

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Hello everyone, I would like to know with forms should I fill-up for my wife's work permit?... because I send my application without her work permit application.
After 6 months waiting, finally today morning, we got a email and letter from cic telling that they confirm our application spouse sponsorship .
Tkx

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
inlandguy said:
Thank you browning911. How about the principal's applicant UCI? How can you get it?
Inlandguy, I don't know at what point we will get principal applicant's UCI but I bumped it up so someone else can answer it.

Please, can someone answer this?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
browning911 said:
Inlandguy, I don't know at what point we will get principal applicant's UCI but I bumped it up so someone else can answer it.

Please, can someone answer this?
the principal applicant won't get their UCI until CIC contacts them about their application and/or OWP. it will be some time before they get it.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Gabrielhca said:
Hello everyone, I would like to know with forms should I fill-up for my wife's work permit?... because I send my application without her work permit application.
After 6 months waiting, finally today morning, we got a email and letter from cic telling that they confirm our application spouse sponsorship .
Tkx
See this:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.pc9y7jm7ysay
Does she have legal status? If you haven't extended her status, than she won't qualify.

Gabrielhca

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
[quote author=sophieee Does she have legal status? If you haven't extended her status, than she won't qualify.
[/quote]

She doesn't have anymore, her visa expired in December, after Ibsen the application.! What should I do in this case?
Thank you

makpan

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
I am getting married in Aug-16 and my spouse already have visit visa.

I am little confuse and need advise on application process.

Should i apply Inland v/s Outland ?

If i apply outland application i see lots of variable in processing of application. One of my friend`s spouse application got processed with in

3.5 months while some are still waiting since 12 months.

If i apply outland and my wife will join me once i get marry. do she need to go back to india while she is with me in canada ?

Lets say if file get process in 6 months during her stay with in canada ? Can she do her landing formalities while she is in canada ?

can we extend her say beyond 6 months while she is on visit visa ?

If I plan to apply In-Land application than how much now a days it take to get OWP ? and how much avg. time to get PR application done ?

Which is risky process In-Land v/s Out-land ?

Please advise

dimigago

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Hi guys! I applied for family sponsorship in Canada and I did not know anything about OWP. Can anyone explain how does it work, is it included with the sponsorship application or should have I applied separately for work permit? Also, can I apply for it during the process if a separate application is needed?
Thank You!

dimigago

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
makpan said:
I am getting married in Aug-16 and my spouse already have visit visa.

I am little confuse and need advise on application process.

Should i apply Inland v/s Outland ?

If i apply outland application i see lots of variable in processing of application. One of my friend`s spouse application got processed with in

3.5 months while some are still waiting since 12 months.

If i apply outland and my wife will join me once i get marry. do she need to go back to india while she is with me in canada ?

Lets say if file get process in 6 months during her stay with in canada ? Can she do her landing formalities while she is in canada ?

can we extend her say beyond 6 months while she is on visit visa ?

If I plan to apply In-Land application than how much now a days it take to get OWP ? and how much avg. time to get PR application done ?

Which is risky process In-Land v/s Out-land ?

Please advise

In-land: if you do not plan to leave Canada for at least 1.5, maybe 2 years you may apply for in-land, when your wife comes. She can extend her stay in Canada before her visa expires. However, while she is in the process she may not leave Canada because your app will be gone right away.
Out-land: as long as I know your wife can come visit you in Canada and still apply for the out-land sponsorship.However she will have to go back since there should be an interview with citizenship and immigration official out of Canada.

makpan

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
What if she need to go out side of Canada while in land application is under process due to family reason ?

dimigago said:
In-land: if you do not plan to leave Canada for at least 1.5, maybe 2 years you may apply for in-land, when your wife comes. She can extend her stay in Canada before her visa expires. However, while she is in the process she may not leave Canada because your app will be gone right away.
Out-land: as long as I know your wife can come visit you in Canada and still apply for the out-land sponsorship.However she will have to go back since there should be an interview with citizenship and immigration official out of Canada.

butterfly5062

Dec 20, 2015
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
2nd AOR received by applicant not the sponsor that my permanent residence under spouse was received by CIC in 12/08/2015

What is this 2nd AOR ? is this mean that AIP is next on the process ...thanks a lot..