+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
Gabrielhca said:
Hello everyone, I applied in Dec/2015 (inland sponsorship) but I didn't send together a workpermit application for my wife... what do I have to wait to apply for her work permit?

Tkx.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2015-12-11.asp

"If you have already submitted an application for permanent residence under the SCLPC class but have not yet applied for an open work permit, you can complete the work permit application. Send your completed application, along with appropriate fee, to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville at:

CPC – Vegreville
WP – Unit 777
6212–55 Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6
"

Z7J

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016 / 29-06-2016
CDNPR2014 said:
tehcnically both are right. if your OWP application gets returned, then you lose your implied status. you will only have 90 days from the date your status expired to apply for restoration of status, and that could technically expire before an application being returned. the laywer is actually giving decent advise as a "to be safe" situation. if you apply to extend your stay now, you won't have to worry about losing implied status if your application is returned. it's really up to you... take the risk that your application is fine and you won't lose your implied status, or err on the side of caution by applying to extend your stay now.
this got me thinking.. my spouse's visitor visa expired last May 26th and we got our AOR on June 1st. My question is, once you've received the AOR, are you safe from losing your implied status or can CIC still return your application to you (and lose implied status)?

Gabrielhca

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
[quote author=volkov

"If you have already submitted an application for permanent residence under the SCLPC class but have not yet applied for an open work permit, you can complete the work permit application. Send your completed application, along with appropriate fee, to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville at:

CPC – Vegreville
WP – Unit 777
6212–55 Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6
"
[/quote]

That's great!
My wife's visitor visa right now is expired!

Some places are saying that I have to wait an email from cic with my "sponsorship approval" to apply for my wife work permit . I don't know if I'll get this letter soon.

Or I can just fill up a work permit forms and send them?

Tkx

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Ringlands said:
Hey guys, just an update..

Got my AOR today in sponsor's (husbands) email!

Posted 7th May
Arrived 11th May
AOR 7th June ;D
Congrats Ringlands!!!! Please update the spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1992004750)

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
According to the spreadsheet 20 sponsorship applications were submitted in January 2016. Of the 20 applications submitted, 15 also submitted work permit applications at the same time and 11 applications have received OWP. Consequently 73% percent of the work permit applications in January 2016 have received work permits.

Also, 17 sponsorship applications were submitted in February 2016. Of the 17 applications submitted, 10 also submitted work permit applications at the same time and 3 applications have received OWP. Consequently 30% percent of the work permit applications in February 2016 have received work permits.

Also, 22 sponsorship applications were submitted in March 2016. Of the 22 applications submitted, 14 also submitted work permit applications at the same time and 0 applications have received OWP. Consequently 0% percent of the work permit applications in March 2016 have received work permits.

Also, 16 sponsorship applications were submitted in April 2016. Of the 16 applications submitted, 9 also submitted work permit applications at the same time and 0 applications have received OWP. Consequently 0% percent of the work permit applications in April 2016 have received work permits.

Also, 10 sponsorship applications were submitted in May 2016. Of the 10 applications submitted, 6 also submitted work permit applications at the same time and 0 applications have received OWP. Consequently 0% percent of the work permit applications in May 2016 have received work permits.

(As of 7th June, 2016)

DrBrown

Apr 21, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
04-Jun-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, passed
Passport Req..
Valid passport requested 30-MAR-2017
LANDED..........
09-AUG-2017
Question.

Just managed to link my paper app for OWP to myCIC account. It said that an application was found, except when I went back to the main account page, under the "Submitted application/profile" section, there wasn't anything listed there.

I remembered some people having this problem. What did you guys do?
Do I need to wait until it updates? Is this normal?

App received May 6th (PR + OWP)
AOR received June 4th

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
browning911 said:
According to the spreadsheet 20 sponsorship applications were submitted in January 2016. Of the 20 applications submitted, 15 also submitted work permit applications at the same time and 11 applications have received OWP. Consequently 73% percent of the work permit applications in January 2016 have received work permits.

Also, 17 sponsorship applications were submitted in February 2016. Of the 17 applications submitted, 10 also submitted work permit applications at the same time and 3 applications have received OWP. Consequently 30% percent of the work permit applications in February 2016 have received work permits.

Also, 22 sponsorship applications were submitted in March 2016. Of the 22 applications submitted, 14 also submitted work permit applications at the same time and 0 applications have received OWP. Consequently 0% percent of the work permit applications in March 2016 have received work permits.

Also, 16 sponsorship applications were submitted in April 2016. Of the 16 applications submitted, 9 also submitted work permit applications at the same time and 0 applications have received OWP. Consequently 0% percent of the work permit applications in April 2016 have received work permits.

Also, 10 sponsorship applications were submitted in May 2016. Of the 10 applications submitted, 6 also submitted work permit applications at the same time and 0 applications have received OWP. Consequently 0% percent of the work permit applications in May 2016 have received work permits.

(As of 7th June, 2016)
Technically I have not yet received my OWP but I know it has been approved and now I am waiting for my girlfriend to be approved as a sponsor and then they will post the OWP to me. But for working purposes I have an OWP that covers me rather than implied status now. Just lacking the physical copy of the OWP

vanitasensei

May 14, 2016
hello everybody, :)

im preparing all my documents to send the application.
i have a few questions...

1- ill have to go to canada with a tourist visa and then start the process.. what do you say to the customs at the border? the total truth or wil they tell me to go back to my country and apply for outland?

2- regarding the OWP, what documents you attached to prove your education or previous work experience?? cause ill have my degree document in 8 months from now... but i have letters of my previous jobs with the detail of my job position, etc.

id really appreciate your advice or personal experiences!

;D ;D

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Gabrielhca said:
That's great!
My wife's visitor visa right now is expired!

Some places are saying that I have to wait an email from cic with my "sponsorship approval" to apply for my wife work permit . I don't know if I'll get this letter soon.

Or I can just fill up a work permit forms and send them?

Tkx
If your wife lost her status less then 90 days ago, then you may be able to apply for a work permit now, but you also have to submit an application for resoration of status.
If she lost her status more than 90 days ago, then you have to wait until the AIP with your work permit application.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
vanitasensei said:

1- ill have to go to canada with a tourist visa and then start the process.. what do you say to the customs at the border? the total truth or wil they tell me to go back to my country and apply for outland?

2- regarding the OWP, what documents you attached to prove your education or previous work experience?? cause ill have my degree document in 8 months from now... but i have letters of my previous jobs with the detail of my job position, etc.

;D ;D
1. That's a tricky one... I would say that I'm coming to visit my husband, and I would try to avoid saying that I'll be applying for PR. Still, if they ask a straightforward question, you should answer honestly. You can get into big trouble if you lie to the officer. There is a possibility that you won't be able to enter Canada. Have your husband waiting for you at the airport.

2. You don't have to provide anything. Just go by the document checklist.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
vanitasensei said:

;D ;D
may i ask what the reason is for applying inland? you can apply OUTLAND while being in canada as a visitor. are you from a country where the visa office is known to take longer than 2 years to process applications? note the processing times on the website are not averages or accurate. going to the thread on this forum for your visa office will give you a more accurate and real time idea of what to expect and a majority of applications are waived the interview. depending on where you are from, i would recommend reconsidering and applying outland... you can be a PR within 6-12 months and some people are getting approved much sooner.

vaya

Star Member
Jul 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
Hi everybody,
I'm just updating IMM5669 to send in with CIC again, and I'm a bit confused as to how I should proceed. In IMM5669 I entered all my main addresses for the last few years. Under 8 - Personal information I added all my employment/status information for any city I lived in and any extended time I spent in Canada (let's say, 2 months in 2011 during summer break etc.) As I didn't move out for that time but just left my apartment to stay with my partner, should I also enter my Canadian address for every time I visited him?

So, instead of "lived in XXX between 2009-12 and 2011-12" I would add "lived in XXX (home country) between 2009-12 and 2010-05" "lived (traveled) in XXX (Canada) 2010-05 and 2010-07" and "lived in XXX between 2010-07 and 2010-12" etc.
I hope this wasn't too confusing, but I've lived and traveled many place over the last few years and am now a bit in a pickle as into how much of a detail I should go.

Thanks!

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
vaya said:
Hi everybody,
I'm just updating IMM5669 to send in with CIC again, and I'm a bit confused as to how I should proceed. In IMM5669 I entered all my main addresses for the last few years. Under 8 - Personal information I added all my employment/status information for any city I lived in and any extended time I spent in Canada (let's say, 2 months in 2011 during summer break etc.) As I didn't move out for that time but just left my apartment to stay with my partner, should I also enter my Canadian address for every time I visited him?

So, instead of "lived in XXX between 2009-12 and 2011-12" I would add "lived in XXX (home country) between 2009-12 and 2010-05" "lived (traveled) in XXX (Canada) 2010-05 and 2010-07" and "lived in XXX between 2010-07 and 2010-12" etc.
I hope this wasn't too confusing, but I've lived and traveled many place over the last few years and am now a bit in a pickle as into how much of a detail I should go.

Thanks!
when keeping the same apartment we just put that as the total period, even if we left it for a few months to travel, but we also put a line that showed the travelling time, so there are overlaps

sipfarms

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02- 2016
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016 Police Cert.
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016 to Vancouver
Med's Done....
Upfront with previous work permit, expired but passed 30-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
CDNPR2014 said:
may i ask what the reason is for applying inland? you can apply OUTLAND while being in canada as a visitor. are you from a country where the visa office is known to take longer than 2 years to process applications? note the processing times on the website are not averages or accurate. going to the thread on this forum for your visa office will give you a more accurate and real time idea of what to expect and a majority of applications are waived the interview. depending on where you are from, i would recommend reconsidering and applying outland... you can be a PR within 6-12 months and some people are getting approved much sooner.
Totally agree with CDNPR2014. If we had known that it was possible to apply OUTLAND while living in Canada we would have looked at this option.

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
PCC requested 10th Aug-letter sent to advise already sent in appl.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
vanitasensei said:

;D ;D

Hi,I was in this same position in March this year. I came from the UK and said that i was visiting and if i liked it may apply for spousal sponsorship.(i never stated inland or outland) and they asked where i was staying and showed them a hotel reservation. My husband was with me, they took his citizenship card and my printed hotel reservation, went 'into the back' and when they came back they said all checks out and that was it. Just be honest, i pooped myself when i was having to go through the border but at the end of the day you are not breaking the law, you are allowed to visit canada and you are allowed to apply for permanent residency!
in regards to OWP documents i didnt send any copies of qualifications.