+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

sikko

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sipfarms said:
Just more info for people wondering about this OWP process.

Also received email saying that CIC has new info for me and then another email a little later saying that You have a new message in your MyCIC account for application no: W******* . Letter says:

Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has
been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received
your secure document within six weeks, contact CIC.

The letter gives Type, Validity & Document No. Already had open work permit so applied for extension so Type is Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR.

Not sure if this process has been because of extension of existing OWP or if it is normal process if applying for first OWP on family sponsorship.
Congrat's and thanks for the info.

sikko

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zumbagirl said:
hey everyone,
our OWP application changed to decision made today!!!!
a week or two hopefully the paper will arrive too!!!
Congrats and did you get an email?

DrBrown

Apr 21, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
04-Jun-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, passed
Passport Req..
Valid passport requested 30-MAR-2017
LANDED..........
09-AUG-2017
Hi everyone,

Just received AOR. Such a huge weight off the shoulders. Now just a couple more months until OWP, hopefully.
Already updated the spreadsheet.

App received: May 6th 2016.
AOR: June 4th 2016.

Good luck for us all!
Cheers

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
DrBrown said:
Hi everyone,

Just received AOR. Such a huge weight off the shoulders. Now just a couple more months until OWP, hopefully.

Good luck for us all!
Cheers
Congratulations! I know what it feels! I experienced that joy last week!

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
Good morning ladies and gentlemen

It is with great pleasure that I can inform you that I have been granted my OWP. I rang them this morning regarding it as it has been 4 months +1 day so they could actually do something as it had passed the processing time. I got a very nice lady who informed me that it had been processed at the end of last week and now I just need to wait for my girlfriend (who is my sponsor) eligibility to be approved and they will send it to me in the post. So fingers crossed she gets approved as eligible to sponsor me, I cannot see why she would not as she has a full time job as a nurse

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Crais84 said:
Good morning ladies and gentlemen

It is with great pleasure that I can inform you that I have been granted my OWP. I rang them this morning regarding it as it has been 4 months +1 day so they could actually do something as it had passed the processing time. I got a very nice lady who informed me that it had been processed at the end of last week and now I just need to wait for my girlfriend (who is my sponsor) eligibility to be approved and they will send it to me in the post. So fingers crossed she gets approved as eligible to sponsor me, I cannot see why she would not as she has a full time job as a nurse
Congratulations Crais84!! This is fantastic news!!!!

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
DrBrown said:
Hi everyone,

Good luck for us all!
Cheers
Congrats DrBrown!!

It is great that everyone applications are going well.

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
volkov said:
this is an incredible coincidence, we are almost on the exact timeframe you listed, and also got the EXACT same form letter as you just described.... we also missed a month or two in the 10 years of history, but also had no errors or missing information in our Additional Family Information form, so wondered about that (only that we wrote N/A on the children sections, maybe we will fully spell out "Not Applicable" this time)

it is exciting that they are working on it so quickly, we are still waiting for any word on the OWP we applied for and there is no mention of it on our account when we checked the site so far

good luck!
Do anybody know if have to sign the form and upload it , or have to do without uploading

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
Risabh_Canada said:
Do anybody know if have to sign the form and upload it , or have to do without uploading
we re-did the forms, printed them out, signed them, then scanned them and uploaded them

cpelkin

May 19, 2016
Morning folks,

I have a small dilemma. Visiting visa runs out 19/6/16, AOR with OWP received by CIC on 1/3/16. Attorney says it's a risk not to extend my stay visiting in the case that my application is returned and I fall out of status. Phoned CIC and they say I'm on implied status as my OWP application has been received and that I do not need to extend my stay.

Any ideas what I should do? I'm leaning towards the advice of the CIC as it's from the horses mouth so to speak, however we all know the inconsistent messages we receive when we call them.

Chris

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
cpelkin said:
Morning folks,

I have a small dilemma. Visiting visa runs out 19/6/16, AOR with OWP received by CIC on 1/3/16. Attorney says it's a risk not to extend my stay visiting in the case that my application is returned and I fall out of status. Phoned CIC and they say I'm on implied status as my OWP application has been received and that I do not need to extend my stay.

Any ideas what I should do? I'm leaning towards the advice of the CIC as it's from the horses mouth so to speak, however we all know the inconsistent messages we receive when we call them.

Chris
tehcnically both are right. if your OWP application gets returned, then you lose your implied status. you will only have 90 days from the date your status expired to apply for restoration of status, and that could technically expire before an application being returned. the laywer is actually giving decent advise as a "to be safe" situation. if you apply to extend your stay now, you won't have to worry about losing implied status if your application is returned. it's really up to you... take the risk that your application is fine and you won't lose your implied status, or err on the side of caution by applying to extend your stay now.

cpelkin

May 19, 2016
Thank you for taking the time out to reply. I'm definitely more up for the safe than sorry option so looks like I will apply just in case.

Chris

Ringlands

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Canada-BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
PCC requested 10th Aug-letter sent to advise already sent in appl.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
Hey guys, just an update..

Got my AOR today in sponsor's (husbands) email!

Posted 7th May
Arrived 11th May
AOR 7th June ;D

Gabrielhca

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Hello everyone, I applied in Dec/2015 (inland sponsorship) but I didn't send together a workpermit application for my wife... what do I have to wait to apply for her work permit?

Tkx.