Passport Req..
Valid passport requested 30-MAR-2017
LANDED..........
09-AUG-2017
egerman41 said:
I've tried a number of times, and no luck. :( Here's what I did:

1. Entered myCIC
2. "Link an existing application to this account"
3. "What did the applicant apply for?" --> Temporary Residence --> Work permit and extension
4. Selected "Family Name, Given Name, and Date of Birth" (I have no UCI or Application Number for the OWP, right?)
5. Entered in Family Name, Given Name, and DOB
6. Entered in City and Country of birth; Passport number, country, issue and expiry dates
7. "What type of work permit are you applying for?" --> Open (initial application or extension)
8. "Current country of residence" --> Canada ; "Current marital status" --> Common-law ; "Which situation applies to the resident?" ---> (last option: "Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada")
9. "Search for my application"

Anybody else have the same problem? Am I doing something wrong?

Hello,
I have sent in an inland app for PR + OWP, which was received by CPC on May 6th according to tracking number. Have tried linking my paper app to my online account just like you did, but with no success. Also checked for information on status through the Receipt Number, but that didn't give me any information either. I suppose it is to early and they haven't gone through the app yet. Its only been 7 days. Maybe it's the same for you

Ajebuter

Sep 4, 2015
Hi all,

I got an email update about my PR Spousal application today(Applicant). I think the email supposed to go to my spouse (Sponsor), I would like to ask all the experts in the house on what I should do to rectify the mixed up. I have tried to reach CIC on there call center but no luck.

Application submitted: April 12, 2016
Application received: April 14, 2016

AOR received: May 13, 2016.

OWP not yet submitted because my sponsor and I are not currently living at the same location.

sipfarms

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02- 2016
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016 Police Cert.
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016 to Vancouver
Med's Done....
Upfront with previous work permit, expired but passed 30-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Ponga said:
Your OWP will NOT guarantee re-entry; it will even say so right on the document.

Too bad you didn't submit an Outland application (even though you are IN Canada), because most Americans are completing the entire process in ~ 6 months.

If for any reason you are denied re-entry into Canada, your inland application is toast.

Good luck!
In the same boat at the moment @Ponga. Actually in Australia at the moment without OWP extension approved. Spoke with CIC, Immigration Agent & Border Security before making the decision. I'll update you on what happens at border when I re-enter.

vaya

Star Member
Jul 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
So, we were just told by a friend to check my husband's application with the receipt # we received when paying for the application. Using his name and the nr, we couldn't find anything.

Has anyone else had experience with this? We applied Feb 18th and while it says "Application received" for my app, nothing is indicating that anything started processing yet. (All that it says is "We received your application for permanent residence on February 19, 2016. - Medical results have been received.")

No AOR, unable to link OWP app to MyCIC, etc.

sikko

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same boat here @vaya it says that they have received the app but no sign that they have started processing it.

I have noticed lots of people who got the aor and it's already being processed ( usually a day prior to the aor)

Is it a glitch or they just have not processed it..it's anybodys guess.

Also if you received ur uci I think that's ur aor. Applicants uci comes much later..will be mentioned in w.p.

vaya said:
So, we were just told by a friend to check my husband's application with the receipt # we received when paying for the application. Using his name and the nr, we couldn't find anything.

Has anyone else had experience with this? We applied Feb 18th and while it says "Application received" for my app, nothing is indicating that anything started processing yet. (All that it says is "We received your application for permanent residence on February 19, 2016. - Medical results have been received.")

No AOR, unable to link OWP app to MyCIC, etc.

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
sikko said:
Same boat here @vaya it says that they have received the app but no sign that they have started processing it.

I have noticed lots of people who got the aor and it's already being processed ( usually a day prior to the aor)

Is it a glitch or they just have not processed it..it's anybodys guess.

Also if you received ur uci I think that's ur aor. Applicants uci comes much later..will be mentioned in w.p.
+1
we are in same situation.
don't worry, they got your application and by the end of the year all complete this crazy process!!

vanitasensei

May 14, 2016
Hello everybody!

i just wanna say that ive read every single post since this thread has been created. is of great help.
i didnt start my application yet but i will soon...im still in my home country and i have to get things done here.

i have a question about the OWP, what do they base their approval criteria on?
i have 5 year experience in banks and bachelor un business administration... but i am from south america.
depending on your work experience they do it faster or is it just randomly approved?
my sponsor doesnt have post secondary education but has 10 years of work exerience.

thank you all :)

Atomicroxi

Apr 4, 2016
Finally received my AOR :)!!!

Sent March 7th
Received application march 13th

AOR received May 9th

Waiting for open work permit now !!

Husband has to go back to america this week though,
I really hope there is no fuss with him coming back
Usualy there isnt but im so anxious x.x

egerman41

May 13, 2016
@Atomicroxi - has your husband gone back to the US even without his OWP? Wouldn't that change all of his tourist status dates on his application?

Also curious - what do they ask him at the border? When I arrived to Canada for the first time in November, I was honest and told the border agents (they had me speak to two) that my common-law partner was here and I was going to be applying for permanent residency, and they told me that was was fine as they weren't going to keep me from my partner, but to make sure I don't go out of status in the meantime.

Curious as to what others' experiences have been.

mp8472

May 15, 2016
Looking for a little advise on what to do next:

I've been living with my common law partner here in Canada for the past two years (originally IEC Visa, then two six month visitor visa extensions)

I submitted inland sponsorship back on March 14th, as her status was about to expire in early May. The Application was returned due to a missing form (sponsor evaluation form IMM 5481), and I received the returned application in the mail this past week.

Now that she doesn't have status, can I simply resubmit the paperwork with the form attached, or is there another process I need to go through to make her status valid again? Will any of this affect her OWP application?

Thanks for any help.

Atomicroxi

Apr 4, 2016
egerman41 said:
@Atomicroxi - has your husband gone back to the US even without his OWP? Wouldn't that change all of his tourist status dates on his application?

Also curious - what do they ask him at the border? When I arrived to Canada for the first time in November, I was honest and told the border agents (they had me speak to two) that my common-law partner was here and I was going to be applying for permanent residency, and they told me that was was fine as they weren't going to keep me from my partner, but to make sure I don't go out of status in the meantime.

Yea he came here last july , he went back in september, then we went back for christmas and he came back in late january,
By january i had applied to extend his tourist visa not knowing it would take a couple of months to get an answer...
He then went back in Late February and came back beginning of march ( we still havent received his extended visa answer at that time )
Now hes going back for two weeks because of a death in his family, He has his extended visa until July, now. I hope they dont refuse him because hes close to the expiration date.... even thought we applied inland..

But they never ask him anything really, They just ask him who hes visiting and how long your staying for, he always answers hes staying a couple weeks... because he never actually stayed more than two months at a time since hes been here, hes always gone back... Its weird they dont ask him a lot of question unlike me who always gets asked a thousand of questions ._.

Atomicroxi

Apr 4, 2016
egerman41 said:

Oh yea and he never received his OPW yet and been back in forth multiple times without any issue

sipfarms

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02- 2016
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016 Police Cert.
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016 to Vancouver
Med's Done....
Upfront with previous work permit, expired but passed 30-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
mp8472 said:
Looking for a little advise on what to do next:

I've been living with my common law partner here in Canada for the past two years (originally IEC Visa, then two six month visitor visa extensions)

I submitted inland sponsorship back on March 14th, as her status was about to expire in early May. The Application was returned due to a missing form (sponsor evaluation form IMM 5481), and I received the returned application in the mail this past week.

Now that she doesn't have status, can I simply resubmit the paperwork with the form attached, or is there another process I need to go through to make her status valid again? Will any of this affect her OWP application?

Thanks for any help.
I had the application returned & just resubmitted the application with all paperwork. Was still in status though so I can't help you with other queries sorry.

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
I successfully managed to input the correct information to link my account but then got a message saying as I have a designated representative on my application I cannot access my OWP application. I am unsure as to where my lawyer representative found my UCI number that is on my OWP application but they put one on there. Not sure if it was my previous IEC application but I would have to take a look and find out in the masses of paperwork I have at home.

I am also in the same boat as it stating they received my application and sent me my AOR on 13th April (application received 5th Feb) but they have not yet put on they are processing it yet. This is worrying since they are aiming to issue OWP within 4 months of the application being sent in and they have about 3 weeks left before that deadline is up. Good thing the CIC said when I rang them was that if it is after the 4 month threshold point and I have not received my OWP then I can ring them and they can actually do something about it there and then.

egerman41

May 13, 2016
What number have people used to successfully get in contact with a CIC official?

I have called 1-888-242-2100 and entered the combo 1-1-1-1 to go through the menus, but have always been told they are busy and to call back later.