Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th May 2016
Doc's Request.
PCC requested 10th Aug-letter sent to advise already sent in appl.
AOR Received.
17th May & 7th June 2016
IELTS Request
OWP approved 26th Aug
Med's Done....
Will send when requested
Hi all :)
Came to Canada 4 weeks ago from UK and currently on a visitor status. my husband is canadian citizen and im just finishing gathering documents for inland spousal application and open work permit. Not sure if im not looking properly but the CIC website doesnt seem to be clear on exactly what forms i need to complete for an open work permit to send with my PR application. All i can find is IMM5710 and IMM5556. Can anyone please help and advise what they sent?

Also we are living in a trailer at an RV park at the minute. We dont own or rent a 'brick home' at the mo! will this effect our application?

Thanks!!!!!!!!

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
Ringlands said:
Came to Canada 4 weeks ago from UK and currently on a visitor status. my husband is canadian citizen and im just finishing gathering documents for inland spousal application and open work permit. Not sure if im not looking properly but the CIC website doesnt seem to be clear on exactly what forms i need to complete for an open work permit to send with my PR application. All i can find is IMM5710 and IMM5556. Can anyone please help and advise what they sent?

Also we are living in a trailer at an RV park at the minute. We dont own or rent a 'brick home' at the mo! will this effect our application?

Thanks!!!!!!!!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5553ETOC.asp

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
Nov 3, 2016(passed)..January 17 ,2017 DM (Ecas)
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
Easy question:
1)are spousal sponsorship and common law sponsorship same?
my application is common law sponsorship am I in the right place?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#

in that document it says : Inland has the downside that it's generally not advised that your spouse leaves Canada while you are waiting for your processing. With the pilot project you can get an OWP faster, but the complete process is very long and if an interview is required for inland, you may have to wait a couple more years for that.

2)For common law sponsorship has anyone had an interview?
3)If interview happens does application process take couple of more YEARS as stated above or it is a typo?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Ringlands said:

Thanks!!!!!!!!
cyclist said:
Easy question:
1)are spousal sponsorship and common law sponsorship same?
my application is common law sponsorship am I in the right place?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#

in that document it says : Inland has the downside that it's generally not advised that your spouse leaves Canada while you are waiting for your processing. With the pilot project you can get an OWP faster, but the complete process is very long and if an interview is required for inland, you may have to wait a couple more years for that.

2)For common law sponsorship has anyone had an interview?
3)If interview happens does application process take couple of more YEARS as stated above or it is a typo?
yes, the inland application takes 2-2.5 years to finish, no matter what.

most outland applications take less than a year. even if an applicant is IN canada as a worker, visitor or student, they can apply outland. outland has nothing to do with where the applicant is living, it has to do with where they are from. for 95% of applicants, it's usually better to apply outland. the times posted for outland online are not accurate and are not averages. US applicants are being approved in 4-6 months, UK 6-10(maybe 12), and so forth. to know for sure what the current applicants are facing, find a thread specific to that visa office. you will be surprised at how quickly people are approved. depending on where the applicant is from, i would highly recommend reconsidering applying inland. again, the average time to finish the entire process is OVER 2 years. for a majority of applicants, the OWP is not a reason to apply inland. For example, a US citizen can be fully approved and landed as an outland applicant in 4-6 months. If they were inland, they may receive an OWP after 4 months and still have 2 years to wait for approval. for the most part, the "headstart" the OWP gives people doesn't make much sense if you can be totally approved and landed as a PR in 4-8 or 10 months.

EDIT: Keep in mind too, if you are in Ontario, the OWP does not automatically make you eligible to receive OHIP. You will have to prove you have worked for an employer for 6 months on the OWP before being eligible to receive OHIP.

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
@sophieee - I did not sign a contract and was aware of their hourly fees before agreeing to use their services. I received an original quote price of $5750 for the application. I am going to send them the money for the invoice via bankers draft (recorded mail) and then email them to let them know it is on the way. I will also ask in the email about how much communication is in a normal PR application i.e. how many emails roughly. I will not mention the total emails I have sent as then they will just say a figure less than mine. I will wait for their response and see what they say as as I have already stated I do not think 61 emails in 7 months is a lot.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Ringlands said:

Thanks!!!!!!!!
If you are applying inland, the FAQ in my signature can be helpful.

But if I were from the UK, I would definitely apply outland.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Crais84 said:
@sophieee - I did not sign a contract and was aware of their hourly fees before agreeing to use their services. I received an original quote price of $5750 for the application. I am going to send them the money for the invoice via bankers draft (recorded mail) and then email them to let them know it is on the way. I will also ask in the email about how much communication is in a normal PR application i.e. how many emails roughly. I will not mention the total emails I have sent as then they will just say a figure less than mine. I will wait for their response and see what they say as as I have already stated I do not think 61 emails in 7 months is a lot.
I know that there are huge differences between lawyer's fees, but $5750 already looks like a quite high amount. I have heard amounts between two and six thousand from others. One would expect if you pay a higher amount you will get a better service, but looks like that's not the case.
Anyway, good luck with your inquire, I hope you won't get charged for your question :-\ (I can't decide if it's rather sad or funny...)

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
@sophieee - haha no worries! I do not know if is funny or sad either. I got recommended the firm I am using by my employers and the original quote I was happy with. I must admit the service was good albeit a bit stressful towards the deadline date, I had to wait until just before my IEC visa expired to submit my application to become common law with my girlfriend and apply as common law. This cost stings a little but I am British and we are used to complaining so I will wait and see what they say about the normal communication for a PR application and then compare it to mine.

guyfromtoronto

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
Hi Guys.. I agree that this forum is very useful, but I find it very difficult to browse the posts and find the replies. Wouldn't a Facebook Group help us in a better way to get answers from experienced people? I have created one group. Kindly join it and help each other.

facebook.com/groups/NewDelhiSpousalVisa/

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
canimm2386 said:
any Jan applicants receive their OWP yet?
I wish :)
check the timelines

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit#gid=1992004750

canimm2386

Mar 21, 2016
oh I look at that excel sheet 10 times a day...it's just people from December started receiving it so i asked....plus status on cic hasn't been updated since march 21st and we are two to three weeks post that..so let's hope Jan applicants start to receive it real soon

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
canimm2386 said:
oh I look at that excel sheet 10 times a day...it's just people from December started receiving it so i asked....plus status on cic hasn't been updated since march 21st and we are two to three weeks post that..so let's hope Jan applicants start to receive it real soon
I really hope you are right!
how do you know that there has been no status update on CIC site since March 21?

cheers

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
It is annoying there has been no update since March 21st and then right next to it they say updated weekly! Weekly my left nut sack!