Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
HonJohnMcCallum announced that conditional PR for spouses has ended at the national immigration law conference! yet again no evidence that the regulations amended. Unsure of effectivity date.

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
Nov 3, 2016(passed)..January 17 ,2017 DM (Ecas)
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
I am waiting fo PM to double the budget for family sponsorship class as he promised.
http://www.cicnews.com/2015/10/canadian-immigration-liberals-win-election-106361.html

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
cyclist said:
I am waiting fo PM to double the budget for family sponsorship class as he promised.
http://www.cicnews.com/2015/10/canadian-immigration-liberals-win-election-106361.html
I am waiting also :D

Azzil

Apr 30, 2015
I would like to know if the processing times are subject to change depending on how well and complete the application is?

I know the processing times say 25 months but...

I know two couples who applied inland in the spousal /common-law stream and one of them applied in 2014 and it took them exactly 16 months. On the other hand, the other couple got it in 20 months and they applied in 2013.

Is it possible that some applicants are just luckier than others? ::)

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
From the news: Spousal Processing times.

https://t.co/MFY88C6JR3

Twitter Post from Roy Kellogg - Immigration Lawyer

"I'm @HonJohnMcCallum and I am making changes to #spousalsponsorships #cdnimm #EE and citizenship soon. I just have to decide when (soon) is."

https://twitter.com/CVImmigration/status/719840721298178051

milan.fit

Apr 12, 2016
Hi All,

I'd like to join this thread.

I haven't filed for my PR yet but I will definitely use some of you's experience.

Firstly, me and my family live in the US at the moment. We have a great opportunity to relocate but we need to take a risky step of moving on my foreign passport and getting visitor status (I'm from Poland - visa exempt) and then apply from Canada. I need a work permit issued before the end of the year hence such plan. Is it at all suspicious if we go to Canada say end of June/Beginning of July and then shortly after file for PR and OWP?

thanks!

milan.fit

Apr 12, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
applicants, it's usually better to apply outland. the times posted for outland online are not accurate and are not averages. US applicants are being approved in 4-6 months,
does this apply to me if i am a US PR but Polish citizen? I'm currently strongly considering applying inland as this would give me work permit fairly soon. im not that bothered about long wait since in BC i would get health coverage and OWP..

please let me know your thoughts

angora

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
Redo on 28-06-2016 (upfront Med did on Oct.06, 2015)
canimm2386 said:
oh I look at that excel sheet 10 times a day...it's just people from December started receiving it so i asked....plus status on cic hasn't been updated since march 21st and we are two to three weeks post that..so let's hope Jan applicants start to receive it real soon
Hi there, did you noticed that on the spreadsheet, applications submitted between Oct. and Nov. 15 were stagnated partially b/c of the Syrian Refugee? CIC needed more staff to deal with their applications in priority. However, after that, CIC didn't continue with OCT. and NOV. applications, but turned to new applications!! Applications made in these two months were largely being put aside and ignored. They began to deal with applications sent in Dec., Jan, and till Mid-Feb. Most people who sent in their applications between this time interval got approved real fast. THIS IS UNFAIR!!! Why those people who applied later on were approved quicker than those who sent their applications earlier. This is really hard to understand.

I submitted my application in late Nov, and it was delivered on Nov. 20 by Canada Post. If I would know the situation in advance, I'd rather wait another 10-15 days to send in my application, instead of waiting for up to 5 months to hear for nothing yet...I'm almost freaked out when I saw the spreadsheet today.

If you applied in Jan 16, better you got approved before March, otherwise it might be delayed b/c it seems that they might be working with applications back to Oct. last year.

I can't believe that now for applicants who applied last fall, it takes up to 6 months to get the File number, and that's only the beginning of the story. Another 26 months is on the way... :eek:

Overall, my conclusion is: the efficiency of CIC is exactly the same as that of the Canadian economy...and Fairness is about to sacrifice the time of usual applicants for that of the Refugees...

angora

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
Redo on 28-06-2016 (upfront Med did on Oct.06, 2015)
Does anyone who applied in Nov. 2015 got their AOR? I'm still waiting and it's almost 4 months...Very angry and sad :(

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
milan.fit said:
does this apply to me if i am a US PR but Polish citizen? I'm currently strongly considering applying inland as this would give me work permit fairly soon. im not that bothered about long wait since in BC i would get health coverage and OWP..

please let me know your thoughts
it would depend on where your outland application would go. While many us citizens are getting approved in 4-8 months, it may not be the same for us green card holders. sometimes those files take longer because CIC still has to confirm details from your country of citizenship, and how long that takes depends on each country. I'm not sure where applications from poland go, and i'm not sure about the processing time. Either way, whatever is posted online for outland applications is not accurate and not an average. yes you can assume you would be approved in far less time applying outland. If you know which visa office Polish applications go, then find the thread specific to that office and ask about how long the process is. My guess is to expect 7-12 months, depending on the visa office.

I would also recommend confirming the BC healthcare coverage for inland applicants. From what I understand, you have to have AIP in order to be eligible for coverage in BC (which takes 17 months) or is it just an AOR? Also, while I realize each province is different, in Ontario, the OWP gives you eligibility only AFTER working on the work permit for 6 months. PONGA and other members will be able to confirm how it works in BC.

kimiz

Apr 14, 2016
Hello All,

I have applied for my spouse inland sponsorship through Quebec in October and I just received an email of AOR saying that the docs have been received on Oct,27, 2015.
Does any one have any ideas how long after getting AOR we will be asked to apply for Quebec CSQ? In general I want to know if we should take any actions for the CSQ or CIC will ask us to apply for it when necessary?

Thanks a lot

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
Nov 3, 2016(passed)..January 17 ,2017 DM (Ecas)
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
hi,
After applying for PR through sponsorship where do applications go? to the closest visa office or depends on applicants nationality? (do we see it somewhere ?)

on CIC it says "For many services, instead of asking about your nearest visa office, you are now asked for your country of residence. This provides you with a more accurate processing time."

if it is based on nationality why is it always 26 months for the processing time? in my country there are only 30 applicants so it should be way shorter than 26 months.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
cyclist said:
hi,
After applying for PR through sponsorship where do applications go? to the closest visa office or depends on applicants nationality? (do we see it somewhere ?)

on CIC it says "For many services, instead of asking about your nearest visa office, you are now asked for your country of residence. This provides you with a more accurate processing time."

if it is based on nationality why is it always 26 months for the processing time? in my country there are only 30 applicants so it should be way shorter than 26 months.
it depends on whether you applied from within canada (inland) or from outside of canada (outland). for inland, it takes 2+ years and the file stays in canada. for outland it depends on the visa office. the file is usually sent to the country of citizenship of the applicant unless the applicant has legal, current temporary residence of another country for 12+ months. you will need to find a thread specific to your visa office to see what the current timeline is. the times posted for outland online are not accurate and are not averages, and they don't represent what applicants actually face. Also, it's impossible for you to know there are "only 30 applicants" from your country. It's important to remember this forum represents a very small percentage of applicants cic sees. I can guarantee you, there are way more than 30 applicants seeking pr from any country.

this thread is specific to inland applications, so if you are an outland applicant, it's really not appropriate to post your question here. you are better off posting your questions in the outland thread for your visa office or on the general board.

mak31086

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 26, 2016
Spousal PR application Received: Jan 12, 2016
AOR Received: Feb 27th, 2016

OWP application Received: Feb 12, 2016
OWP Approved: April 15, 2016

Can someone update the spreadsheet? Now the wait begins....