+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Atomicroxi

Apr 4, 2016
Hi everyone!
My husband who is from USA , sent his Application + Open work permit on March 4th,
We used regular mail... so we dont know if it was received or not, which is really stressing me out,
I tried looking up on their website with my receipt # but no luck
Is there a way to know if it was received? How long until they answer me? Its been a month already, should i get a confirmation by email?

Also my husband applied to extend his stay in January , we just received the answer , it says he can stay until July 17 2016, which is not a lot... Since he applied for in land, does it mean that this is invalid since he can stay until the decision is given? Or should we re apply to extend his visa again?

Thank you!! ;D

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
Nov 3, 2016(passed)..January 17 ,2017 DM (Ecas)
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
@crais84. I think 61 email is excessive. 226 days ÷61 =3.7 . You sent 3.7 emails every day that's a lot :)

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
browning911 said:
Sponsorhip Application-Spousal

Online Application: Extension of Stay: 23rd March, 2016
Sponsorship Application, Permanent Residence Application and Open Work Permit Application: 28th March, 2016
Arrived at CPC Mississauga: 30th March, 2016

Temporary Resident Visa expires: December, 2016.

Should we renew TRV?
No you don't have to you should be fine you have a lot of time you will probably get your OWP before your Visa expire

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
Mrs.Fernandez said:
I submitted my application back in October 17/15 via Canada Post and when I check the tracking number, it was received (with signature) on October 20/15 .. however, as of today's date (April 4/16), I have not received any letters and/or emails stating AOR..
I've read many posts on here that people get their AOR within a few months.. I have been waiting for almost 6 months and nothing..
Is this normal?
Why is it taking so long for AOR to come through??
Some applicants doesn't get their AOR at all or they already have their OWP before they get their AOR. Did you apply for OWP? Regardless, you should give them a call coz you can since 4 months had already passed

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
zumbagirl said:
you mean one every 3.7 days?

;D ;D ;D ;) ;)
Yes zumbagirl ;D . .

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
Hi everyone..I will send my application at the end of the month from Vancouver. I have concern about spouse /common law questionnaire. .form says : do your family members and close friends know your relationship?( it may be worded differently ) write tbeir names..relationshp to you when your spouse met them.
only one family Memberr who lives in Vancouver knows my sponsor..
1-Do I need to write other family members( parents) who don't live in Canada nor speak English?
2-I don't have close friends. If I write one fiends name is that OK? What are they looking for ? I will write one family member and only one friend. Or no friends.

Good luck to us!

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
Is there an interview with immigration officer? For the
Inland sponsorship. For sponsor and applicant. As part of the
Application process.
Yes /quote]

Are you 100% sure about it? They interview everyone or only if it's nessary ...meaning There may red flags in the application so interview conducted.

Crais84

Apr 4, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2016
So 1 email every 3.7 days is not really that excessive in my eyes, what do you guys think?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Crais84 said:
I totaled up the amount of emails I sent them between June 20th and February 3rd and it was 61 emails. Back in August I sent 3 in one morning and they warned me about excessive communication (first email was replying to them with information and forms they requested), second email was asking for clarification on something and the third email was something I had forgotten to put in the second email. After that I did not email them unless they requested information, or I required confirmation they had received files I had posted to them. I did this as they were slack in saying they had received information from me and when it is files containing pertinent information to my application and personal information it would have been nice for them to say they had received them which they did not hence me emailing them. Other than that we had very few phone conversations (I would estimate 8 or less in the application process entirety) and this was only towards the end of my application as they left things very late and I was left rushing around stressing my butt cheeks off worrying I had missed something. Turns out I had missed something and had to drive from Edmonton to Calgary the day before the application was submitted to hand over a piece of paper they needed (same day courier was way too expensive) and I got billed for that time as well. Now I don't mind being billed for that meeting as fair enough they forgot and I forgot this piece of paper and we both thought I had posted it. What I do mind is this whole excessive communication cr*p they are trying to pull on me. Does anyone else think 61 emails in 226 days is a lot?
Did you sign a contract? Most immigration lawyers have a fixed price for the applications, it sounds strange that they overcharge you for more communication, unless you agreed in an hourly rate.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Atomicroxi said:
Hi everyone!
My husband who is from USA , sent his Application + Open work permit on March 4th,
We used regular mail... so we dont know if it was received or not, which is really stressing me out,
I tried looking up on their website with my receipt # but no luck
Is there a way to know if it was received? How long until they answer me? Its been a month already, should i get a confirmation by email?

Also my husband applied to extend his stay in January , we just received the answer , it says he can stay until July 17 2016, which is not a lot... Since he applied for in land, does it mean that this is invalid since he can stay until the decision is given? Or should we re apply to extend his visa again?

Thank you!! ;D
Hi,
Are you aware that as a US citizen, your husband would most likely be approved as a PR in 6-7 months if you apply outland? It's 2-3 more months without a work permit, but one and a half year less of a worry.

Many applicants don't receive acknowledgement of receipt, so if you are sure that you sent everything to the right address, you don't have to worry. He should receive his work permit at the beginning of July, if you don't hear anything by then, you can contact your MP, or consider sending a visitor extension with an explanation.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
cyclist said:
Hi everyone..I will send my application at the end of the month from Vancouver. I have concern about spouse /common law questionnaire. .form says : do your family members and close friends know your relationship?( it may be worded differently ) write tbeir names..relationshp to you when your spouse met them.
only one family Memberr who lives in Vancouver knows my sponsor..
1-Do I need to write other family members( parents) who don't live in Canada nor speak English?
2-I don't have close friends. If I write one fiends name is that OK? What are they looking for ? I will write one family member and only one friend. Or no friends.

Good luck to us!
You can give a longer explanation, that you don't have many family members, nor close friends, but everyone you have talked to in the last X months (since you are together) knows about your relationship. You can give the names and relationship of these friends and family members separately, and if you sent them emails in which you talked about your relationship, you can provide copies.
Then you can give the name and relationship of those two people that actually met with your spouse.
If you are on social media sites, like facebook and you have posted pictures of the two of you together, you can make print outs and send those as well.
If it would be a fraudulent relationship, you would want to keep it secret as much as possible, that's the reason why CIC would like to see that you are open about it and people who are important to you knows about it.

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
Thank you for the respond sophieee. I have plane tickets , reservation confirmation emails and pictures for those trips shows that we are tohgether. beyond that I can totally print out Facebook pictures and posts and put names of friends who have met with my sponsor.

thanks.

Atomicroxi

Apr 4, 2016
sophieee said:
Hi,
Are you aware that as a US citizen, your husband would most likely be approved as a PR in 6-7 months if you apply outland? It's 2-3 more months without a work permit, but one and a half year less of a worry.

Many applicants don't receive acknowledgement of receipt, so if you are sure that you sent everything to the right address, you don't have to worry. He should receive his work permit at the beginning of July, if you don't hear anything by then, you can contact your MP, or consider sending a visitor extension with an explanation.
Hello!
Yes... I'm awarebut it was too late and i already had sent it out =S
Also, I sent out my husband's extended visa in january and in the mean time he had to go back to the states in late february and just came back in march... When I called the customer service, they told me that if he re enter's Canada he's allowed an other six month.. Now that he just re entered in March, he's suposed to be allowed an other six month, but i messed it up because now the extended visa only allow's him to stay until july ...Its confusing...I know hes allowed to stay anyway since i sent out my inland sponsorship but im a little anxious they say hes staying here illegally... thank you