+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

j87

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
profiler said:
If you've gotten emails from them, then that's how you will see messages. Our SA/AIP and the RPRF refund was sent that way.
Alright. I will keep an eye on it. Thank you very much!

xkevinx

Nov 3, 2016
profiler said:
No. If you get a medical request, you should check with them immediately. My wife's was passed already, but because they took longer than it's validity period, they have requested we submit another one. We checked the next day, and it was correct that we were outside of the validity date. Turns out, they sent this a little late as well. We could have actually have a decision 3 weeks ago -- they have been waiting for the medical to be completed since March 22. It's all that's left for them to pass a decision.
The period of validity for a medical is one year right?

Do you know if I can call IRCC to find out if they have the police clearance I sent through with the initial application in their file? While I understand that if I have submitted it already, I should have nothing to worry about, I'd still feel a lot better knowing that they have the correct documents! Because a lot of this process happens behind closed doors it tends to make me just a little paranoid... :p

Thanks for your assistance Profiler!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
xkevinx said:
The period of validity for a medical is one year right?

Do you know if I can call IRCC to find out if they have the police clearance I sent through with the initial application in their file? While I understand that if I have submitted it already, I should have nothing to worry about, I'd still feel a lot better knowing that they have the correct documents! Because a lot of this process happens behind closed doors it tends to make me just a little paranoid... :p

Thanks for your assistance Profiler!
1 year and yes you can. Try Monday or Tuesday morning. .

lexmark

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Got this mail from cic. I sent a PCC along with my application and so I do not understand this letter with all the reference to immigration laws and warnings of likely refusing my application where I fail to submit a PCC. Has anybody received this exact letter? Does anybody have an opinion on what this means?

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class.
Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Subsection 21(1) of the Act states that a foreign national becomes a permanent resident if an officer is satisfied that the foreign national has applied for that status, has met the obligations set out in paragraph 20(1)(a) and subsection 20(2) and is not inadmissible.
In preparation for the processing your application, we require additional documents/information to assess your eligibility and admissibility to Canada.
In order to avoid delays in the processing of your application you must only send one submission in response to this request. That submission should contain all requested documents. Alternatively, if you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available, in the same submission where you submit all of the documents that you have prepared/that were requested.
If you have not yet submitted the following documents, you must submit them to this office:
Police Certificate(s)
The principal applicant (and all family members 18 years or older) is required to submit a police certificate(s) from the:
• The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18;
For instructions on how to obtain the correct police certificate required, you must visit
If you have already submitted police certificates as noted above please disregard. If you are unable to comply please forward a written explanation.
Please send the requested information / document(s) to: Case Processing Centre - Vegreville Immigration, Refugees Immigration, Réfugiés and Citizenship Canada et Citoyenneté Canada

Case Processing Centre - Vegreville
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
6212-55 Avenue Unit 909
Vegreville AB
T9C 1W7
You must place a printed copy of this correspondence on top of your submission when submitting it to IRCC.
Note that all inquiries with respect to your application must be submitted via the Case Specific Enquiry form at the following
The onus is on you to satisfy the processing officer that you are not ineligible or inadmissible and can therefore become a permanent resident. You must send the requested documents and any additional information which you consider might respond to this request within thirty (30) days from the date of this letter. No other reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information that we have which may result in the refusal of your application for permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted."

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
lexmark said:
Got this mail from cic. I sent a PCC along with my application and so I do not understand this letter with all the reference to immigration laws and warnings of likely refusing my application where I fail to submit a PCC. Has anybody received this exact letter? Does anybody have an opinion on what this means?

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class.
Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Subsection 21(1) of the Act states that a foreign national becomes a permanent resident if an officer is satisfied that the foreign national has applied for that status, has met the obligations set out in paragraph 20(1)(a) and subsection 20(2) and is not inadmissible.
In preparation for the processing your application, we require additional documents/information to assess your eligibility and admissibility to Canada.
In order to avoid delays in the processing of your application you must only send one submission in response to this request. That submission should contain all requested documents. Alternatively, if you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available, in the same submission where you submit all of the documents that you have prepared/that were requested.
If you have not yet submitted the following documents, you must submit them to this office:
Police Certificate(s)
The principal applicant (and all family members 18 years or older) is required to submit a police certificate(s) from the:
• The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18;
For instructions on how to obtain the correct police certificate required, you must visit
If you have already submitted police certificates as noted above please disregard. If you are unable to comply please forward a written explanation.
Please send the requested information / document(s) to: Case Processing Centre - Vegreville Immigration, Refugees Immigration, Réfugiés and Citizenship Canada et Citoyenneté Canada

Case Processing Centre - Vegreville
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
6212-55 Avenue Unit 909
Vegreville AB
T9C 1W7
You must place a printed copy of this correspondence on top of your submission when submitting it to IRCC.
Note that all inquiries with respect to your application must be submitted via the Case Specific Enquiry form at the following
The onus is on you to satisfy the processing officer that you are not ineligible or inadmissible and can therefore become a permanent resident. You must send the requested documents and any additional information which you consider might respond to this request within thirty (30) days from the date of this letter. No other reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information that we have which may result in the refusal of your application for permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted."
"If you have already submitted a police certificate, please disregard this message."

It was a mass reminder emailing that targeted anyone who still needed to have a criminality check.

lexmark

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
profiler said:
"If you have already submitted a police certificate, please disregard this message."

It was a mass reminder emailing that targeted anyone who still needed to have a criminality check.
Thanks profiler for your prompt response. However, this particular mail does not look generic from the way it is styled. It kind of looks like it was specifically targeted at me. Does any one in the house have a Police Clearance Certificate letter worded exactly like mine?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
lexmark said:
Thanks profiler for your prompt response. However, this particular mail does not look generic from the way it is styled. It kind of looks like it was specifically targeted at me. Does any one in the house have a Police Clearance Certificate letter worded exactly like mine?
Ya the wife got one in the last mass mailing August 10 2016.

Exactly the same verbage, except the single point you had, specified "Russia".

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
lexmark said:
Go through the last 10 pages or so of this thread....at least 20 people received this exact letter this past week ..myself included, I already submitted pcc July 2016

Many have called the CIC call center and it was then confirmed that it was generic.

Your options are:
1. follow the note, if you submitted pcc already then you can disregard the notice
OR
2. Send a CSE informing them that you have already submitted PCC, and ask them to confirm if they got it
OR
3. Be over cautious and submit a new PCC ( this option is toyed with mostly by people who know their original PCC is now expired)

masouleht

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
profiler said:
No. The average time right now is 13.5 mos from when your application was received.
for everything?
I applied in August 2016.I have file 3 # and received the letter for PCC LAST WEEK.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
masouleht said:
for everything?
I applied in August 2016.I have file 3 # and received the letter for PCC LAST WEEK.
13.5 all in.

lexmark

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
GuyanaGirl said:
Go through the last 10 pages or so of this thread....at least 20 people received this exact letter this past week ..myself included, I already submitted pcc July 2016

Many have called the CIC call center and it was then confirmed that it was generic.

Your options are:
1. follow the note, if you submitted pcc already then you can disregard the notice
OR
2. Send a CSE informing them that you have already submitted PCC, and ask them to confirm if they got it
OR
3. Be over cautious and submit a new PCC ( this option is toyed with mostly by people who know their original PCC is now expired)

Thanks Guyana Girl. Got worried and thought it meant something else. Were you also given 30 days to respond to the request or have your application treated with what they have on file? It appears they give different response times

lexmark

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Would be nice if any one can also share a copy of theirs too. Dont mean to be annoying. Just want to do a line by line comparison to check if there is any slight difference.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
I got 60 days.
We're going to just give them a brand new PCC. We applied in July 2016, so the old one is expired now anyway.
Whe did you apply?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:

Your options are:
OR
OR
As long as you haven't returned to the issuing country, and it was issued after you left, expiry doesn't matter...

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
As long as you haven't returned to the issuing country, and it was issued after you left, expiry doesn't matter...
That's essentially why we are submitting a new one.
The one sent in with the application was issued a mere 3 days before the applicant left the country. He did not return to Guyana since.