+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Uikhan88

Aug 14, 2015
Hi, I am may 3rd 2016 applicant (PA), I got a request today to provide a copy of my valid passport, since I applied on my old passport which was expiring in may 2017 , but I renewed my passport last November to get owp and it was renewed till 2026. When I applied owp in Nov 2016, i also sent a copy of new passport through cse for my PR case. Apparently, they didn't see that and requested officially today. I have attached copy along with their request letter and sent it through cse as told by CIC. How can I know that they would have received it? Would they inform me back and in what time frame? . The request letter is below:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law
Partner in Canada class.

In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must
complete/submit the following to this office:

UCI # - NAME:
> Passport/Travel Document: All persons seeking permanent resident status in Canada
must provide a valid passport or travel document issued by the Country of Citizenship in order to
become a permanent resident. Please submit a photocopy of your valid passport or travel document
to this office. This must be received at this office by: 2017/04/21

IMPORTANT: If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation
with a copy of the original version. To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized
person must compare the original document to the photocopy. Neither you nor your family members
may certify copies of your documents.

All requested documents/information and a copy of this correspondence must be submitted within the
timeframes specified above (formatted as “year/month/day”). If you are unable to provide any or all of
the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available. No other reminder
will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application will be assessed
on the basis of the information that we have which may result in the refusal of your application for
permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be given to your request for
permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted.

Please send the requested information / document(s) and all future inquiries with respect to
your application via the Case Specific Enquiry form at the following link:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Uikhan88 said:
Hi, I am may 3rd 2016 applicant (PA), I got a request today to provide a copy of my valid passport, since I applied on my old passport which was expiring in may 2017 , but I renewed my passport last November to get owp and it was renewed till 2026. When I applied owp in Nov 2016, i also sent a copy of new passport through cse for my PR case. Apparently, they didn't see that and requested officially today. I have attached copy along with their request letter and sent it through cse as told by CIC. How can I know that they would have received it? Would they inform me back and in what time frame? . The request letter is below:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law
Partner in Canada class.

In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must

UCI # - NAME:
> Passport/Travel Document: All persons seeking permanent resident status in Canada
must provide a valid passport or travel document issued by the Country of Citizenship in order to
become a permanent resident. Please submit a photocopy of your valid passport or travel document

IMPORTANT: If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation
with a copy of the original version. To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized
person must compare the original document to the photocopy. Neither you nor your family members

All requested documents/information and a copy of this correspondence must be submitted within the
timeframes specified above (formatted as “year/month/day”). If you are unable to provide any or all of
the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available. No other reminder
will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application will be assessed
on the basis of the information that we have which may result in the refusal of your application for
permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be given to your request for

Please send the requested information / document(s) and all future inquiries with respect to
We had new passport request before but on PR card renewal. We submitted the copy via CSE and they replied to us within two weeks informing that they already forwarded to the department handling the application. then after few weeks we received the PR card via mail

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Uikhan88 said:

Partner in Canada class.

UCI # - NAME:

Sounds like our PCC request (despite having included it) that they couldn't trace -- ended up being an error in their system (automated messaging for missing documents, because they took too long to scan it).

However, maybe they read Nov 2026 as 2016? You can try a Case Specific Enquiry, and include a copy of your current passport, and a message explaining why you think it's an error.

Benlie

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Hi , i got mistake on sponsor birth year and i already sent web formas well as talk to agent but i have no response from them about fixing this , should i send another web form again or call the agent ? Thanks so much and if i send web form does any one know what type of enquiry is it under? I appreciate your help

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Benlie said:
Hi , i got mistake on sponsor birth year and i already sent web formas well as talk to agent but i have no response from them about fixing this , should i send another web form again or call the agent ? Thanks so much and if i send web form does any one know what type of enquiry is it under? I appreciate your help
How long ago did you send the original enquiry? Can the call centre verify they can see your request?

Benlie

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
profiler said:
How long ago did you send the original enquiry? Can the call centre verify they can see your request?
I sent it on mar 5 and 5 days later i called agent and they said i have to wait after 10 business day but tomorrow is 14th day already , im a bit worried because i am nit sure they can fix this

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Benlie said:
I sent it on mar 5 and 5 days later i called agent and they said i have to wait after 10 business day but tomorrow is 14th day already , im a bit worried because i am nit sure they can fix this
They will respond when they have done something with it. But you can talk to the agent on the phone. Sometimes they can change that type of info for you

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
profiler said:
Profiler, benlie is May2016 applicant. what do you think about it? CIC reached the May applicants to process inland spouse

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
pedropil said:
Profiler, benlie is May2016 applicant. what do you think about it? CIC reached the May applicants to process inland spouse
I think they have been checking docs all along to make sure they have correct(ed) forms and docs before the officers get to them. That way they can zip through them fast. It explains why some folks (eg: browning911 -- sorry dear!) get requests for IMM5406's, Schedule A's, etc. Officers have not touched the case yet. Instead it's a pre-flight check.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Speaking of landing parties.... where is our party planner??

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
profiler said:
Speaking of landing parties.... where is our party planner??
better set it up. summer is coming. booze beer bbq!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
pedropil said:
better set it up. summer is coming. booze beer bbq!
+1!

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Hello All,

I am sponsoring my wife and I submitted her application on 1st of December. We got the Acknowledgement after 2 weeks and we are waiting for the OWP. I have been trying to link her account to mycic so that she will get instant updated. My apologies if this question has been asked in the past and answered. I couldn't find a relevant answer.

When I check 'Client Application Status' it says - SA Status - 'In progress' and PR Application Status - 'Application Received'

When I try to link her account with the below details :

Permanent Resident - Family Class (Spousal Sponsorship)
UCI/Family Name; Application# / Family name or UCI / Application Number
City or Birth and Country of Birth
Passport Number, Valid from and Valid To and Country of Issue
Province, City intended to stay in Canada and No of applicants in the application, I get 'NO Application' found message.

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
JB0405 said:
Hello All,

I am sponsoring my wife and I submitted her application on 1st of December. We got the Acknowledgement after 2 weeks and we are waiting for the OWP. I have been trying to link her account to mycic so that she will get instant updated. My apologies if this question has been asked in the past and answered. I couldn't find a relevant answer.

When I check 'Client Application Status' it says - SA Status - 'In progress' and PR Application Status - 'Application Received'

When I try to link her account with the below details :

Permanent Resident - Family Class (Spousal Sponsorship)
UCI/Family Name; Application# / Family name or UCI / Application Number
City or Birth and Country of Birth
Passport Number, Valid from and Valid To and Country of Issue
Province, City intended to stay in Canada and No of applicants in the application, I get 'NO Application' found message.

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Only use applicant info
Press Space bar in place of city if birth
Leave out all passport details
Enter 2 for number on app....plus 1 for each dependent
If you have a rep...you cannot link

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Congrats Hope, Matthars, Sikko, Profiler, SA_to Canada and Newt!!! :D Awesome news. Keep it coming.