+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

xkevinx

Nov 3, 2016
I wonder if some places are different to others when it comes to keeping to the 4 month timeline. My application was received on November 4th (Toronto/Mississauga) and I'm still waiting for my work permit! It's frustrating because I can't legally work at the moment.

xkevinx

Nov 3, 2016
Same location Mex_eskimo? Have you tried calling CIC? I managed to call them on March 7th and they said I should receive my OWP within 3 weeks. I'm hoping I will receive notification any day now.

RaviJ

Star Member
Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/27/16
AOR Received.
11/02/16
Med's Done....
upfront
my OWP was received Sept 30th , still no work permit.Called about 1 month ago and they were going to send a message to the officer in mississauga and last week i received a letter asking for my passport information to continue processing OWP ( which was sent with the application , not sure if they lost it.).but it was sent again...dont know how much longer i got to wait.. frustration continues

Maina4576

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
19-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Nothing requested
AOR Received.
11-01-2017 / 19-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 3-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Present it on day of appointment
LANDED..........
6-6-2017
Cic got my application dec 19th so it s still a month and i applied inland...but give or take its an average of 4 months..its hard not being able to work and still have to pay for food, gas and bills...Please God help us..

Lizann

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Looked at the work permit and altho we received it today it was issued March 7th ..those past the 4 month Mark should def make inquiries.... The wait is not easy...

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Lizann said:
Looked at the work permit and altho we received it today it was issued March 7th ..those past the 4 month Mark should def make inquiries.... The wait is not easy...

congratulations

marsellus1

Apr 29, 2015
Hi there, I wonder if someone can help me. I applied in December 2015 through the inland spousal sponsorship category. I hired an immigration lawyer who is dealing on my behalf. All seems well, OWP received after 4 months and about two months ago I received an email stating:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

I've been trying to link my application through MYCIC but each time I try I get the following:

Link an existing application to this account
Disassociate Representative
Based on the information you entered, we found: 1 application
We see that you have a representative tied to this application. Your representative has access to your application.
If you no longer want to use a representative and access the application yourself, you can cancel your representative by filling out the Use of a representative form [IMM5476] (PDF, 647.96 kb) and choose "cancelling the appointment of a representative."
After completing the form, you can upload it here:

Does anyone know whether my lawyer has a separate way to log in through MYCIC to see the more detailed updates I would be able to access myself if I didn't have a lawyer dealing on my behalf?

Thanks for checking!

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
marsellus1 said:
Hi there, I wonder if someone can help me. I applied in December 2015 through the inland spousal sponsorship category. I hired an immigration lawyer who is dealing on my behalf. All seems well, OWP received after 4 months and about two months ago I received an email stating:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

I've been trying to link my application through MYCIC but each time I try I get the following:

Link an existing application to this account
Disassociate Representative
Based on the information you entered, we found: 1 application
We see that you have a representative tied to this application. Your representative has access to your application.
If you no longer want to use a representative and access the application yourself, you can cancel your representative by filling out the Use of a representative form [IMM5476] (PDF, 647.96 kb) and choose "cancelling the appointment of a representative."
After completing the form, you can upload it here:

Does anyone know whether my lawyer has a separate way to log in through MYCIC to see the more detailed updates I would be able to access myself if I didn't have a lawyer dealing on my behalf?

Thanks for checking!

ask for password so you can see

Mex_eskimo

Feb 8, 2017
Yes xkevinx, our application went to Mississauga also. We have a representative so I have not called CIC. I did however call our representative to inquire what was going on and he said just wait patiently. We are quickly losing patience lol.

Omg RaviJ, that is a long wait! That is extremely frustrating :/

I agree Maina4576, it's extremely difficult when their is so many bills, etc that still need to be paid.

xkevinx

Nov 3, 2016
I'm sure the work permit will come. The waiting game gets a bit tougher as time goes on though. It's a shame there aren't a few more status updates along the way to keep you up to speed on the progress. My initial estimate, based other people's timelines in the spreadsheet here, was that I would receive the new OWP on March 17th. Given that's tomorrow, I'll settle for notification from MyCIC that it's on its way!

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Mex_eskimo said:
Yes xkevinx, our application went to Mississauga also. We have a representative so I have not called CIC. I did however call our representative to inquire what was going on and he said just wait patiently. We are quickly losing patience lol.

Omg RaviJ, that is a long wait! That is extremely frustrating :/

I agree Maina4576, it's extremely difficult when their is so many bills, etc that still need to be paid.

Our journey started december 15,2015, and we have a representation i got my sa approval on March 13,2017 but you know what I would call cic myself once a month check ecase even 4 days email once in a while. So March 6 she forwarded my husband thing to me saying in order to work on Mr carol permanent residence we need proof of realtionship. Next week going to replace office and medical request for Mr carol son 4 days after request March 10 2017 got sponsorship approval for inland spousal sponsorship you have to look out for you. I am persistent

Hope-for-luck

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-06-2016 PCC requested
AOR Received.
15-03-2016 / 13-06-2016
profiler said:
No they haven't finished yet. The ? Is like a help box describing what you may see in that line. It's advisory only.
@Profiler, I know you are an expert, Do you think that my wife's OWP will come soon after she got her AIP,
We have submitted both the sponsorship app and the OWP app at the same time. (she was out of status when we submitted the applications).
How soon that you predict the OWP will come ? or does she have to re-apply again ? any idea or you know.

;D Please advise with your super Profiler crystal ball... ;D

derdaaf

Feb 26, 2016
xkevinx said:
I wonder if some places are different to others when it comes to keeping to the 4 month timeline. My application was received on November 4th (Toronto/Mississauga) and I'm still waiting for my work permit! It's frustrating because I can't legally work at the moment.
Same here received 8 Nov and no OWP yet, so 128 days and counting.... It seems things have slowed down a bit compared to months ago

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
carolbb23 said:
you will get something in email after 6pm our rep forwarded me my sponsorship approval on Friday March 10 and she received it on March 10 at 6pm and I got good news at 6:30 pm so check you spam mail after 6pm
carol just checked both of our email, it's nothing. I think profiler is correct on this.