00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
So this site is missing the facepalm emoji...
LMAO.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
Ok, so don't apply for anything (because it looks like you're in a pickle). Here is a thought I just had... is your family in Poland still? Perhaps your SO would like to go for a short vaca to restore your status? (assuming you have a visitor visa that you can enter on)

If you do that, you might want your SO to travel with you, and bring your PR docs (EVERYTHING) so that if you are stopped, you might stand a chance at re-entry...
But what about the fact that he overstayed? Could they refuse him reentry?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
26 months--> 22 months=progress

Landing before New Year's Eve would be awesome. ;)
So, I cannot math (it's after 11... my colleagues and I have a rule that it's dangerous mathing after 11am).. but if you add 400 cases at 12 months to the 22 month average, that would only reduce it possibly to 19 months or so...

They want as many 6-8 month admissions as possible...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
But what about the fact that he overstayed? Could they refuse him reentry?
Absolutely the PA could be refused for over-stay.. I am just looking up the public policy around being out of status....

EDIT: Ok, so if you want an OWP you have to leave and come back... that's what I am getting from this...

From OWP CIC Manual: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/admissibility/open.asp :
"qualifying foreign nationals who have submitted an application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada (SCLPC) class.
- As of December 22, 2014, open work permits may be issued to eligible applicants under the SCLPC class at an earlier stage in processing. This pilot project will end on December 21, 2016.

- Officers will issue open work permits to SCLPC class applicants if they meet the following requirements:

- a permanent residence application has been submitted under the SCLPC class;

- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident spouse has submitted a sponsorship application on their behalf;

- the SCLPC class applicant resides at the same address as the sponsor; and

- the SCLPC class applicant has valid temporary resident status (as a visitor, student, or worker).

- Applicants whose application for permanent residence is being processed under the spousal public policy (subcategory “PP” in GCMS) on the basis that they do not have a valid temporary resident status are not eligible to be issued an open work permit under the pilot project. They must wait until they receive approval in principle to be eligible to apply for an open work permit.

- Case processing centres will ensure that the requirements are met and conduct a systems check to identify any adverse information on either the sponsor or the applicant that would render the applicant ineligible to receive an open work permit. If there is information that an applicant is inadmissible, their application for an open work permit will be refused.

- Validity: These work permits are valid for two years or until the date the SCLPC class applicant’s passport expires, whichever is the earliest.

- Additional GCMS coding: Use special program code “SPO” (sponsored spouse or partner) and standard note “Pending FC APR” (to be entered in User Remarks so it appears on the physical document).
In combination with LMIA exemption code A70 and NOC code 9999, this additional coding will allow Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to capture and report on data specific to the issuance of open work permits to SCLPC class applicants."

So, the only way to get an OWP is to correct your status. If you were unable to correct your status, then the only alternative is to take a short trip home and hope to hell they let you pass the border again... Or give up on the OWP, get into cats, and stay home until the magical day that they grant your PR...

Wish I had better news...

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
So, I cannot math (it's after 11... my colleagues and I have a rule that it's dangerous mathing after 11am).. but if you add 400 cases at 12 months to the 22 month average, that would only reduce it possibly to 19 months or so...

They want as many 6-8 month admissions as possible...
I love listening to you analyze, it makes me feel more optimistic. Well right now March 2016 applicants have been in process for approximately seven (7) months. They might have to take some time off for people like us who had to redo forms so there will be a delay for us. If the forms had been submitted in June when we had received the first request. That is a four and 1/2 month delay (June to Oct 18)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
I love listening to you analyze, it makes me feel more optimistic.
Sarcasm here? You know, it's after 11, so no mathing and my Sheldon side comes out to play...

browning911 said:
Well right now March 2016 applicants have been in process for approximately seven (7) months. They might have to take some time off for people like us who had to redo forms so there will be a delay for us. If the forms had been submitted in June when we had received the first request. That is a four and 1/2 month delay (June to Oct 18)
They have a euphemism for this... "non-compliant" ;). That said, I bet the Officer assigned to your case nearly fell off h(is | er) chair when h(er | is) computer screen's big red light went off and the computer came to life belching, "BROWNING911 HAS FINALLY SUBMITTED IMM 5406 AND SCHEDULE A"

All joking aside here, They want a balance of low processing times and to clear out the 2015's so they don't complain too much... That's what the goal is.. 100% convinced of that.. That means they may very well have already completed the BG check and they are just messin' with you. You'll find out next month that he has a landing interview...

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-04-2016 & AOR 2 10-06-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
04-11-2016; Passed end of March 2017
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
profiler said:
So this site is missing the facepalm emoji...

Ok, so don't apply for anything (because it looks like you're in a pickle). Here is a thought I just had... is your family in Poland still? Perhaps your SO would like to go for a short vaca to restore your status? (assuming you have a visitor visa that you can enter on)

If you do that, you might want your SO to travel with you, and bring your PR docs (EVERYTHING) so that if you are stopped, you might stand a chance at re-entry...
I'm not taking my chances that way if I could land in 2 months like you stated before. I'll just wait it out. Been waiting 11 years already since the start of this immigration journey. Few more months won't make a difference.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
legolg said:
I'm not taking my chances that way if I could land in 2 months like you stated before. I'll just wait it out. Been waiting 11 years already since the start of this immigration journey. Few more months won't make a difference.
11 years... OMG...

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
@Profiler: Yes I get the thing about SIR or normal, but looking at the spreadsheet, I see bulk of the applications being processed now were submitted around March, 2016 end, does that mean that all the applications listed there belong to SIR? I also saw one or two April and one May applicant, they definitely belong to SIR. If this is the trend, even without SIR, can I expect an SA by say Feb, 17?

Thanks
Sam

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@browning911 -- I am sorry for trolling earlier.

As a peace offering, I have broken the sacred code, and I mathed for you, after 11...

Here is what CIC will need to target in order to continue the same rate of decrease in processing times...

Therefore, they need to target <= 9 months total average processing time over cases processed 2016-06 <-> 2017-06...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Sam8119 said:
@Profiler: Yes I get the thing about SIR or normal, but looking at the spreadsheet, I see bulk of the applications being processed now were submitted around March, 2016 end, does that mean that all the applications listed there belong to SIR? I also saw one or two April and one May applicant, they definitely belong to SIR. If this is the trend, even without SIR, can I expect an SA by say Feb, 17?

Thanks
Sam
You will notice that there is no apparent order to when cases made SIR... that's because they are reviewing cases to see which ones can be streamlined. There is many factors to this, so it wouldn't be fair for me to guess, knowing there is many unknowns.

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
@Profiler: I see, but seeing that bulk of March are being processed, don't you think many of them will be non SIR while may be the April and May outliers are definitely in SIR? Being a June 1 applicant and probable non SIR one, therefore I should expect some communication by Feb, 17? BTW they are not abandoning the lot by the end of the year right?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Sam8119 said:
@Profiler: I see, but seeing that bulk of March are being processed, don't you think many of them will be non SIR while may be the April and May outliers are definitely in SIR? Being a June 1 applicant and probable non SIR one, therefore I should expect some communication by Feb, 17? BTW they are not abandoning the lot by the end of the year right?
Alright I will try this again ;).

There is no temporal link right now between SIR cases. That is to say, they are not linked by submission OR processing dates WRT landing. The only linkages between those cases right now (that we have access to publicly) with respect to landing is document request waves. Those waves correlate with the Group you will find in your GCMS notes (how cases are being bundled together).

The CIC will still continue to process the other cases outside of SIR at the same rate as before with the same stages. SIR is a special exception that they even stopped doing SA/AIP/DM. Cases now are going from AOR to Landing; do not pass go; do collect a Canadian PR Card..

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Hi Profiler,
Makes a lot of sense, that means even if I am not in SIR, I should see somethings happening by Feb, 17 (Hoping for the best)

Sam