+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
@ Profiler: Hi, I am not sure about me being in or not being in SIR. I am now afraid they might ask for another PCC (FBI + India), India is easy but I just reapplied for FBI PCC a week ago. So hoping for the best, do you suggest not to apply for OWP at this stage? I have not gotten any document request up until now and I did not do upfront medical. So not sure what they will do, what do you think?

Sam

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Sam8119 said:
@ Profiler: Hi, I am not sure about me being in or not being in SIR. I am now afraid they might ask for another PCC (FBI + India), India is easy but I just reapplied for FBI PCC a week ago. So hoping for the best, do you suggest not to apply for OWP at this stage? I have not gotten any document request up until now and I did not do upfront medical. So not sure what they will do, what do you think?

Sam
Well, if your application was received before June 13 then I would say your case was probably examined for inclusion in the SIR. I would say sure why not. I mean, it will cost $255, but it will take a month to get GCMS notes to see where your case actually is WRT processing. Given that you didn't do the medical yet, and they have yet to ask for it (assuming so because you didn't mention it, but you did mention no document request), I would say they may have placed the case in the normal processing stream. But only GCMS notes will tell the truth.

So $0.05 here: Apply for the OWP. It may be $255 waste, but the gamble here is that you may not be in the SIR, which means you might lose time that you could be working...

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-04-2016 & AOR 2 10-06-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
04-11-2016; Passed end of March 2017
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
profiler said:
NOC is an occupation code (I am pretty sure, though I haven't searched to get the list of those).

Payments & Fees are held in escrow. They will deduct them from the payments when they have completed the task. You should REALLY consider paying the RPRF NOW (as you are SIR, you can avoid the extra wait time for them to tell you to pay it, then you paying it.... $490).

I will answer your question Re: AIP/OWP. Don't do it. It will just waste $255 for nothing (you will wait ~4mos to get the OWP, and you will be landing (probably) before Christmas). They are landing and bypassing SA/AIP/DM in many cases.
umm that would be AMAZING!! I'm in review required tho for the backlog program so I feel like maybe that isn't a good thing? I guess I'll just wait until january and if nothing comes,I'll do it then. I'm just confused as to how I'm not PP. Thankful at the same time though. Haven't been able to work for almost 1.5 year now, going stir crazy. My application is open and background is in check. That's all. Only gotten AOR 1&2 back in april and june. Applied in march.
I booked my medical for november 4th so I can just have it done and over with. It asks for immigration documents, I only have my AOR's because I'm out of status. Should I bring that?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
legolg said:
umm that would be AMAZING!! I'm in review required tho for the backlog program so I feel like maybe that isn't a good thing? I guess I'll just wait until january and if nothing comes,I'll do it then. I'm just confused as to how I'm not PP. Thankful at the same time though. Haven't been able to work for almost 1.5 year now, going stir crazy.
So you think I should pay my RPRF now and do my medical? I have yet to get it done. My application is open and background is in check. That's all. Only gotten AOR 1&2 back in april and june. Applied in march.
You're app was received after ours, and your processing started about two weeks before ours. My wife is Ruskie (so both Eastern European states). Her medical was done Oct 30 2015. OWP came June 27. RPRF paid upfront. They did ask for a PCC August 10 (that was one of the document request waves from SIR). Her birthday (for those wondering, because we know there has been a rumour on some FB group that it comes near birthdays, is Dec 26.

We only got the first AOR, OWP, and PCC Request. That's it from CIC for us. That said, I am projecting she will land by Christmas.

About SIR: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob624.asp 2 File Management:
"2 File management

IRCC will manage the inventory in a manner which minimizes the expiry of key requirements — such as passports and medicals — during processing.

In addition, while considering medical and passport expiry dates, the Department will process applications without missing documentation ahead of incomplete applications (e.g., files missing police certificate or civil documentation). This means that applications of clients who have submitted all of the documentation on the IRCC checklist with their application will be prioritized for processing.

To ensure that all other applicants have an opportunity to update their application with documentation which is still needed to make a decision, the Department will send out an email to each principal applicant in the targeted inventory asking them to submit, within 60 days of the date of the email,

- any missing civil documentation;
- any missing police certificates;
- proof that they hold a passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity;
- any missing documentation for dependants, including custody documents;
- if the applicant resides in Quebec, a Quebec Selection Certificate;
- a copy of the receipt for the right of permanent residence fee, if not already paid.

For applications where items on the Document Checklist are missing, the Centralized Processing Region (CPR) will prioritize applications based on how quickly applicants respond to requests for missing documentation, such as police certificates and outstanding civil documentation.
"

Bolded above confuses me, if you are in SIR..

"3 Streamlined processing of straightforward cases

In order to allow for a more effective processing, in-Canada spousal applications already in the inventory will be pre-assessed to identify applications which are straightforward and may be streamlined, and which applications require a closer review.

Processing of the SCLPC applications in the inventory, other than those already referred to local offices for closer review, will be conducted by CPR. Cases already referred to local offices will be processed using usual procedures. In all applications, officers will ensure that an integrated search is performed as per normal procedures, with special attention to potential excluded relationships.

Cases may be referred to local offices if further review or an interview is required, as per section 5.34 of chapter IP 8 (PDF, 898.94 KB).
"

Indicating that they are still using local VO's for 'closer review' (and look below)

"6 Local offices: processing of complex cases

Local offices will continue to process applications referred from CPR that require further review or an interview as per current guidelines. Local offices may also be involved in the processing of cases included in quality assurance exercises.

7 Finalization of applications

As part of the file management process, CPR will coordinate with regional local offices when finalizing applications to allow local offices to effectively manage the granting of permanent residence status to a significant number of applicants.
"

They are still using local VO's to finalize the applications, and to process complex cases. This makes processing faster as it distributes the case load across Canada. They are also doing QA ('Review'). So, I wouldn't be worried about finding 'Review' ;).

You may want to correct your status as maria_mirabela did. This can cause an issue for you if you want to apply for an OWP in January....
And pay the RPRF -- you will have to eventually anyway..

matthars

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
2-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
20-APR-2016
Med's Request
16-MAR-2017
Med's Done....
07-APR-2017
Interview........
17-MAY-2017
LANDED..........
22-JUN-2017
legolg said:
I have a few questions about my notes, hopefully someone can explain.

App Status Reason: In Progress-SPR
Group Name: Inland Prospective
Group #: 1-628TNRW
Special Program: SIR
Special Program: 1
Primary: Yes
NOC: #### (What is that exactly? My occupation is listed as new worker. I have worked in Canada before though legally. Currently no work permit however due to loss of status)

Groups:1
Primary:Yes
Group #: 1-628TNRW
Name: Inland Prospective
Type: PR-Other
Other Type Description: Inland Prospective
Create Office: CIC Mississauga

Groups: 2
Has to do with batch notes for my schedule A and IMM 5406 E-Storage, so I'm assuming that means my background check. Status is in progress.
Application 1 & 2 status is open. Application 3 is prospective.

Also,in my payments,it says $550 paid but then in the fees,it says 2&3 but then nothing was paid in amount paid so I'm confused. If someone could try to explain all this a bit more, that'd be nice. I looked through the acronyms and still a bit confused, some weren't even answered.
our notes also has new worker under NOC...perhaps it's related to coming via IEC which is our case.

LindsBell

Apr 13, 2016
Hi there guys, I have a quick question, Our application was received the 3rd June 2016 for inland spousal sponsorship. My wife is my sponsor, and when we applied she wasn't working but we gave documents to prove we have money to support ourselves. She has recently got a job so should we notify CIC, (I have already received my OWP) Thnaks for your help and wish everyone all the best.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
LindsBell said:
Hi there guys, I have a quick question, Our application was received the 3rd June 2016 for inland spousal sponsorship. My wife is my sponsor, and when we applied she wasn't working but we gave documents to prove we have money to support ourselves. She has recently got a job so should we notify CIC, (I have already received my OWP) Thnaks for your help and wish everyone all the best.
You can, but it's not necessary. Spousal Sponsorships are exempted from Low-Income Cut-off (LICO). You can just send them a quick note via Case Specific Enquiry: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp .

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
I hope they add us to SIR now that they have our updated forms.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
I hope they add us to SIR now that they have our updated forms.
Probably will. If their aim is to reduce the terrible 22month average, they will need a ton of fresh (<1 yr) applications to ram through...

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@proiler more like 26 months

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
@proiler more like 26 months
In June, and in October when CIC released quarter statistics, the number is 22 months. See: http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/ad975a26-df23-456a-8ada-756191a23695

legolg

May 10, 2016
GTA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-04-2016 &amp; AOR 2 10-06-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
04-11-2016; Passed end of March 2017
Interview........
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-07-2017
profiler said:
You're app was received after ours, and your processing started about two weeks before ours. My wife is Ruskie (so both Eastern European states). Her medical was done Oct 30 2015. OWP came June 27. RPRF paid upfront. They did ask for a PCC August 10 (that was one of the document request waves from SIR). Her birthday (for those wondering, because we know there has been a rumour on some FB group that it comes near birthdays, is Dec 26.

We only got the first AOR, OWP, and PCC Request. That's it from CIC for us. That said, I am projecting she will land by Christmas.

About SIR: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/ob624.asp 2 File Management:
"2 File management

IRCC will manage the inventory in a manner which minimizes the expiry of key requirements — such as passports and medicals — during processing.

In addition, while considering medical and passport expiry dates, the Department will process applications without missing documentation ahead of incomplete applications (e.g., files missing police certificate or civil documentation). This means that applications of clients who have submitted all of the documentation on the IRCC checklist with their application will be prioritized for processing.

To ensure that all other applicants have an opportunity to update their application with documentation which is still needed to make a decision, the Department will send out an email to each principal applicant in the targeted inventory asking them to submit, within 60 days of the date of the email,

- any missing civil documentation;
- any missing police certificates;
- proof that they hold a passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity;
- any missing documentation for dependants, including custody documents;
- if the applicant resides in Quebec, a Quebec Selection Certificate;
- a copy of the receipt for the right of permanent residence fee, if not already paid.

For applications where items on the Document Checklist are missing, the Centralized Processing Region (CPR) will prioritize applications based on how quickly applicants respond to requests for missing documentation, such as police certificates and outstanding civil documentation.
"

Bolded above confuses me, if you are in SIR..

"3 Streamlined processing of straightforward cases

In order to allow for a more effective processing, in-Canada spousal applications already in the inventory will be pre-assessed to identify applications which are straightforward and may be streamlined, and which applications require a closer review.

Processing of the SCLPC applications in the inventory, other than those already referred to local offices for closer review, will be conducted by CPR. Cases already referred to local offices will be processed using usual procedures. In all applications, officers will ensure that an integrated search is performed as per normal procedures, with special attention to potential excluded relationships.

Cases may be referred to local offices if further review or an interview is required, as per section 5.34 of chapter IP 8 (PDF, 898.94 KB).
"

Indicating that they are still using local VO's for 'closer review' (and look below)

"6 Local offices: processing of complex cases

Local offices will continue to process applications referred from CPR that require further review or an interview as per current guidelines. Local offices may also be involved in the processing of cases included in quality assurance exercises.

7 Finalization of applications

As part of the file management process, CPR will coordinate with regional local offices when finalizing applications to allow local offices to effectively manage the granting of permanent residence status to a significant number of applicants.
"

They are still using local VO's to finalize the applications, and to process complex cases. This makes processing faster as it distributes the case load across Canada. They are also doing QA ('Review'). So, I wouldn't be worried about finding 'Review' ;).

You may want to correct your status as maria_mirabela did. This can cause an issue for you if you want to apply for an OWP in January....
And pay the RPRF -- you will have to eventually anyway..
What do you mean correct my status? I can't do anything right now, they denied my restoration as well. I have a complicated case with that lol

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
In June, and in October when CIC released quarter statistics, the number is 22 months. See: http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/ad975a26-df23-456a-8ada-756191a23695
26 months--> 22 months=progress

Landing before New Year's Eve would be awesome. ;)

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
legolg said:
What do you mean correct my status? I can't do anything right now, they denied my restoration as well. I have a complicated case with that lol
Even though you are still out of status I don't think they can do anything while you are in process.

The only issue is you won't be able to apply for OWP until AIP (I think).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
legolg said:
So this site is missing the facepalm emoji...

Ok, so don't apply for anything (because it looks like you're in a pickle). Here is a thought I just had... is your family in Poland still? Perhaps your SO would like to go for a short vaca to restore your status? (assuming you have a visitor visa that you can enter on)

If you do that, you might want your SO to travel with you, and bring your PR docs (EVERYTHING) so that if you are stopped, you might stand a chance at re-entry...