Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello people!!
Any September applicants who seems to be completed left behind here like myself??
So far no AIP or SA.
Medical done and passed but since there no movement all.
When I call the automated voice center I got the
Review of eligibility have not started yet and bla bla bla

This wait is very upsetting.
I wouldn't worry too much. Plenty can cause a case to slow down, like dependents, for example. I think the automated voice attendant is deceiving (and myCIC as well). Generally speaking, they can rip through a file in a matter of an hour or two (if sufficient proofs are with it). We've seen cases go from not even SA to DM both sides in under an hour. So, I would try to find a hobby to distract you while they come to your file.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi, May 2016 applicant, medical passed in May 2017, no SA or AIP, cohabitation evidence request on Sept 28.
All we can do is wait.
How did you send your evidence to them? Are you sure you've sent enough? Usually it's 30-60 days from the time you send your evidence (it seems to take about that long to return to cases). So, it could be any time now.

What does ECAS say?

gc1600

Nov 8, 2017
Hello!

So, further to my post earlier about this "express telephone landing oddity", I got my telephone landing sort of done yesterday. Here's how it worked for me:

Before the call
- I got an email on 12 Dec 2017 for a telephone landing invite on 18 Dec 2017, which I had to respond within 48 hours
- If you agree to participate, they will send your CoPR by post
- The email invite also state that for the call to take place, you and your sponsor will need to be in Canada, both will need to be on the call, and you will need the CoPR
- As advised by other forum members I reached out to my MP to see if they could speed anything up or delay the interview so I could have my CoPR - was told (by MP's contact at CIC) that I could actually do a border run or call CIC to make a landing appointment once I have the CoPR. I also got a tracking number that does not work
- I replied to the email to confirm my availability for the call, and requested that the CoPR be sent to me electronically. I got a reply last Saturday saying that I do not need to have the CoPR with me to complete the call (which is inconsistent with the earlier email

During the call

- Was told that I should be able to receive my CoPR soon
- There was identity verification for both the applicant and the sponsor
- The typical questions for applicant (crimes, rejected to enter Canada etc) and sponsor (confirm sponsorship) were asked
- Instructions to complete the CoPR was given (e.g., about the same questions the asked, how to initial boxes and sign)
The whole call took less than 10 minutes and was pretty easy.

After the call
- I'm still waiting for the CoPR - no idea why it takes so long for xpresspost to deliver something - it says the delivery time is 2/3 business days, but it is now stretching towards a week
- I am required to complete the form (2 copies) and send it back with photos. CIC will send me back a fully signed one, and the PR card process should kick in automatically. I assume that I can get a permanent SIN number with the fully signed CoPR

All in all I think it is a good addition to what's currently available. If you get an email for a telephone landing appointment - accept it and remember you do not necessarily need to wait for the CoPR to arrive before the interview! The email also sounded quite harsh "it says something like if you can't make it that time, ignore this email" - but there seems to be many cases where people replied with a request for a reschedule and they got it!

Let me know if you have any input or questions!

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Soo I am happy! Finally good news and things are moving along! The MP just sent me this email!

Good Morning Mahsa,

Your file does look very good. The last notes, I believe this week, show that the visa office has now requested CBSA to release the passport to them.

All else looks completed and in good order.

You can contact me at the end of January again if you do not hear by then. I assume though you will hear in the first weeks of January.

Reactions: profiler

Whimsical04

May 15, 2017
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-06-2016
Med's Request
09-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
How did you send your evidence to them? Are you sure you've sent enough? Usually it's 30-60 days from the time you send your evidence (it seems to take about that long to return to cases). So, it could be any time now.

What does ECAS say?
I sent the documents they requested by canada post on October 3rd, and uploaded police clearance from France a week later.
In process for sponsor and application received for principal applicant, with the documents request from Sept 28 being the latest entry.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Im proud to say that as of 1045am when i had my interview, i became a fully fledged permanent resident. Thanks to everyone who helped guide me through this and a special shoutout to profiler for answering my concerns and calming my nerves quickly every time i needed it!
Thanks again all and good luck to those still waiting!
Congrats!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello!

So, further to my post earlier about this "express telephone landing oddity", I got my telephone landing sort of done yesterday. Here's how it worked for me:

Before the call
- I got an email on 12 Dec 2017 for a telephone landing invite on 18 Dec 2017, which I had to respond within 48 hours
- If you agree to participate, they will send your CoPR by post
- The email invite also state that for the call to take place, you and your sponsor will need to be in Canada, both will need to be on the call, and you will need the CoPR
- As advised by other forum members I reached out to my MP to see if they could speed anything up or delay the interview so I could have my CoPR - was told (by MP's contact at CIC) that I could actually do a border run or call CIC to make a landing appointment once I have the CoPR. I also got a tracking number that does not work
- I replied to the email to confirm my availability for the call, and requested that the CoPR be sent to me electronically. I got a reply last Saturday saying that I do not need to have the CoPR with me to complete the call (which is inconsistent with the earlier email

During the call

- Was told that I should be able to receive my CoPR soon
- There was identity verification for both the applicant and the sponsor
- The typical questions for applicant (crimes, rejected to enter Canada etc) and sponsor (confirm sponsorship) were asked
- Instructions to complete the CoPR was given (e.g., about the same questions the asked, how to initial boxes and sign)
The whole call took less than 10 minutes and was pretty easy.

After the call
- I'm still waiting for the CoPR - no idea why it takes so long for xpresspost to deliver something - it says the delivery time is 2/3 business days, but it is now stretching towards a week
- I am required to complete the form (2 copies) and send it back with photos. CIC will send me back a fully signed one, and the PR card process should kick in automatically. I assume that I can get a permanent SIN number with the fully signed CoPR

All in all I think it is a good addition to what's currently available. If you get an email for a telephone landing appointment - accept it and remember you do not necessarily need to wait for the CoPR to arrive before the interview! The email also sounded quite harsh "it says something like if you can't make it that time, ignore this email" - but there seems to be many cases where people replied with a request for a reschedule and they got it!

Let me know if you have any input or questions!
Thanks for this. As expected, kinks to work out. Glad you landed!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Soo I am happy! Finally good news and things are moving along! The MP just sent me this email!

Good Morning Mahsa,

Your file does look very good. The last notes, I believe this week, show that the visa office has now requested CBSA to release the passport to them.

All else looks completed and in good order.

You can contact me at the end of January again if you do not hear by then. I assume though you will hear in the first weeks of January.
Sounds good... Fingers crossed!

Reactions: sweet_mahsa

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I sent the documents they requested by canada post on October 3rd, and uploaded police clearance from France a week later.
In process for sponsor and application received for principal applicant, with the documents request from Sept 28 being the latest entry.
Canada Post means it will take about 69 days, as they have to scan your proofs in. But don't worry..the end is near!

Whimsical04

May 15, 2017
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-06-2016
Med's Request
09-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Canada Post means it will take about 69 days, as they have to scan your proofs in. But don't worry..the end is near!
Ircc must be watching these forums, just got AiP. Thank God, finally.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
It's been a week since I saw decision made on Ecas and still no email. Not even decision made email. I am expecting to land in Saskatoon. Anyway with experience from Saskatoon?

amazingt

Sep 22, 2017
Hi Guys..Finally the wait is over I got an email yesterday:

We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that is scheduled for Time on DEC. 22, 2017. Your interview will be conducted at: Address

Please bring this invitation letter to the interview. You must also attend the interview with the following:
1) Your passport. You must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents in order to acquire permanent residence status. o If your passport is currently being held by the Government of Canada (IRCC/CBSA), we will request it on your behalf.
2) Two photographs for your permanent resident card o Permanent resident card
3) Your current Social Insurance Number, only if you are in possession of one. You will need to change your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to reflect your new status as a permanent resident. o Service Canada representatives may be available at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new SIN.
4) Your sponsor, only if you are landing under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in-Canada Class o Your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address.

I am kind of concerned about the Interview it will be it normal like other people are stating in this forum or some other new questions are added.......Maybe people who recently went for interview can share their experiences here. Also if somebody can explain me what is proof of address (as stated for my sponsor) and other documents I can carry which can be helpful to us in in the interview process.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Snigs and sylvain1

hemadev

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
App. Filed.......
06-07-2017
Hi Guys..Finally the wait is over I got an email yesterday:

We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that is scheduled for Time on DEC. 22, 2017. Your interview will be conducted at: Address

Please bring this invitation letter to the interview. You must also attend the interview with the following:
1) Your passport. You must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents in order to acquire permanent residence status. o If your passport is currently being held by the Government of Canada (IRCC/CBSA), we will request it on your behalf.
2) Two photographs for your permanent resident card o Permanent resident card
3) Your current Social Insurance Number, only if you are in possession of one. You will need to change your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to reflect your new status as a permanent resident. o Service Canada representatives may be available at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new SIN.
4) Your sponsor, only if you are landing under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in-Canada Class o Your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address.

I am kind of concerned about the Interview it will be it normal like other people are stating in this forum or some other new questions are added.Maybe people who recently went for interview can share their experiences here. Also if somebody can explain me what is proof of address (as stated for my sponsor) and other documents I can carry which can be helpful to us in in the interview process.

Thanks in advance :)
Have a question about the status you got in your GC key account for Back ground check ? For interview required, does it say Background check is in process or NA before Interview email ?

amazingt

Sep 22, 2017
Have a question about the status you got in your GC key account for Back ground check ? For interview required, does it say Background check is in process or NA before Interview email ?
My Ecas shows decision made on both sides and automated system of cic states the old information that my background check is in process and they are reviewing the eligibility (even after I already received AIP) for interview it says you do not require an Interview. Also after AIP I havnt received decision made email I just received the email from Etobicoke directly for the interview.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
It's been a week since I saw decision made on Ecas and still no email. Not even decision made email. I am expecting to land in Saskatoon. Anyway with experience from Saskatoon?
Congrats!