Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
What process did you take? I am coming up blank for how to get my wife's Economics degree recognized..
I applied to the Federation of Law Societies of Canada board in charge of accreditation, the National Committee on Accreditation in Ottawa and they requested documents to be sent to them directly like certificate of standing from the jurisdiction where I was called to the bar, the university where I attained my degrees etc and they assessed my application and issued an assessment with exams I must sit which you can self study or take at a university offering programs for foreign trainer professionals. After I successfully completed those exams, they sent my transcript to the law society of my choice, in my case it was the law society of upper Canada who also have their requirements and I had to sit and pass the barrister and solicitor exams to finally be called for convocation. That is the legal process. I am not sure about the Economics degree.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I applied to the Federation of Law Societies of Canada board in charge of accreditation, the National Committee on Accreditation in Ottawa and they requested documents to be sent to them directly like certificate of standing from the jurisdiction where I was called to the bar, the university where I attained my degrees etc and they assessed my application and issued an assessment with exams I must sit which you can self study or take at a university offering programs for foreign trainer professionals. After I successfully completed those exams, they sent my transcript to the law society of my choice, in my case it was the law society of upper Canada who also have their requirements and I had to sit and pass the barrister and solicitor exams to finally be called for convocation. That is the legal process. I am not sure about the Economics degree.
Thanks for the verbose reply. Exactly what I was looking for. The governing body for her would be CPA. Problem is, the school she attended (Moscow) doesn't reply to emails when requested for transcripts. A tremendous amount of shade, if.you ask me. She's trying to avoid retaking too many courses, but in this instance, like: law, Pharma, Engineering (in my case, I am governed by the PEO), and Medical; you have to meet stringent standards. Can't be all bad, I guess.

Law Society of Upper Canada you say... Going to practice in Ontario? Mind if I ask what flavour of law? *curious*

Last edited:

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
Thanks for the verbose reply. Exactly what I was looking for. The governing body for her would be CPA. Problem is, the school she attended (Moscow) doesn't reply to emails when requested for transcripts. A tremendous amount of shade, if.you ask me. She's trying to avoid retaking too many courses, but in this instance, like: law, Pharma, Engineering (in my case, I am governed by the PEO), and Medical; you have to meet stringent standards. Can't be all bad, I guess.

Law Society of Upper Canada you say... Going to practice in Ontario? Mind if I ask what flavour of law? *curious*
Yes, that is correct. Am sure you heard about convocation voting to change the name to Law Society of Ontario because Upper Canada boundaries have since changed. Anyway my areas are civil litigation, personal injury, immigration and citizenship.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yes, that is correct. Am sure you heard about convocation voting to change the name to Law Society of Ontario because Upper Canada boundaries have since changed. Anyway my areas are civil litigation, personal injury, immigration and citizenship.

Did they actually change the name???

Sooooo, I guess an apology is in order. I have a very biased opinion of immigration lawyers. Very frequently, we hear of ridiculous stories that could, in my opinion, potentially warrant at least neglegence, and at most malpractice. It's infuriating that people end up in very precarious positions, for no good reason.

So, I'll apologize for my outspoken opinion. We good? ;)

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
Did they actually change the name???

Sooooo, I guess an apology is in order. I have a very biased opinion of immigration lawyers. Very frequently, we hear of ridiculous stories that could, in my opinion, potentially warrant at least neglegence, and at most malpractice. It's infuriating that people end up in very precarious positions, for no good reason.

So, I'll apologize for my outspoken opinion. We good? ;)
The name has not changed officially but it was the talk a couple of months ago. On the bias issue, why not if clients have had a bad experience with their lawyers. It's a free forum and I guess we can say whatever our experiences are regardless of who we are professionally.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
The name has not changed officially but it was the talk a couple of months ago. On the bias issue, why not if clients have had a bad experience with their lawyers. It's a free forum and I guess we can say whatever our experiences are regardless of who we are professionally.
@sylvain1 had a shocking story. But more common is the lack of any attention to detail. The CIC issues operations manuals and bulletins. It's easy to get a comprehensive list of what will be required. Some just don't bother to review what's presented as evidence.

Now, that's not to say it's not the client's fault, but I think the rep should be acting in their clients' best interest...I see avoiding an interview as a long step in the "their clients' best interest" column...

But we also have consultants too...so it may not be an actual lawyer responsible.

Anyway, that's my rant.

Reactions: sylvain1

mrihan

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys my wife finally got her landing interview letter today. But she received 3 landing interview emails today with different appointment times:
1. Scheduled for Dec 22 at 2.30 p.m
2. Scheduled for Dec 21 at 8.30 a.m
3. Scheduled for Dec 22 at 10 a.m (amended)

Not sure which one to actually attend. Best guess is the last one with amended time. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello Guys my wife finally got her landing interview letter today. But she received 3 landing interview emails today with different appointment times:
1. Scheduled for Dec 22 at 2.30 p.m
2. Scheduled for Dec 21 at 8.30 a.m
3. Scheduled for Dec 22 at 10 a.m (amended)

Not sure which one to actually attend. Best guess is the last one with amended time. Any help would be appreciated.
I would call the call centre to confirm the time..

InlandSep16

Jan 16, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-11-2016
Med's Request
06-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Interview........
02-12-2018
LANDED..........
02-12-2018
Hello people!!
Any September applicants who seems to be completed left behind here like myself??
So far no AIP or SA.
Medical done and passed but since there no movement all.
When I call the automated voice center I got the
Review of eligibility have not started yet and bla bla bla

This wait is very upsetting.

Whimsical04

May 15, 2017
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-06-2016
Med's Request
09-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Hello people!!
Any September applicants who seems to be completed left behind here like myself??
So far no AIP or SA.
Medical done and passed but since there no movement all.
When I call the automated voice center I got the
Review of eligibility have not started yet and bla bla bla

This wait is very upsetting.
Hi, May 2016 applicant, medical passed in May 2017, no SA or AIP, cohabitation evidence request on Sept 28.
All we can do is wait.

sunset66_71

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
ON
App. Filed.......
16-June-2016
Hi,

I landed yesterday at Etobicoke Center, everything went smoothly.

My timeline:

- Application received by CIC on 16th Jun 2016
- DM on 1st Dec 2017
- Landing interview on 18th Dec 2017

Total duration 18 months (+2 days)

Regards and good luck to all.

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi,

I landed yesterday at Etobicoke Center, everything went smoothly.

My timeline:

- Application received by CIC on 16th Jun 2016
- DM on 1st Dec 2017
- Landing interview on 18th Dec 2017 (+2 days)

Total duration 18 months.

Regards and good luck to all.
Congrats!

Reactions: sunset66_71

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi all...! Anyone that had their telephone interview wanna share their experience?

Mine is on the 20th...
Telephone is a brand new program. You'll have to tell us how it goes ;)