+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

like0417

May 19, 2017
My background check took longer than normal because I had some red flags from prior conviction. I applied for PR and rehabilitation. My rehabilitation got approved in April 2017. People with a criminal background are taken through a more tedious background check.
Thank you, you are nice. Hoping all good for you and for your family.

ivan28

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
hi

question - has anyone ever traveled overseas while their in-land sponsorship was being processed ? i have read and been advised not to travel while in-land sponsorship is in process as re-entry is not guaranteed.

my spouse (and me as well) is not from a visa-exempt country and is currently on an OWP. we are mid - 2017 applicants and are still waiting to hear back from ircc.

any advice if it is a good idea to travel back home while the processing is being done ?
Me and my girlfriend went to Cuba last July... and everything was smooth. But of course you need to prepare the requirements like the work permit and visa stamped on your passport. :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Me and my girlfriend went to Cuba last July... and everything was smooth. But of course you need to prepare the requirements like the work permit and visa stamped on your passport. :)
Work permit is not a travel document.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thank you for the response.

But we are planning to travel back home (India). And even the consultant was hesitant in advising us to travel while the application is in process. :(

mmusial15

Oct 18, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Doc's Request.
17-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
Med's Request
06-21-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Involve your MP. Explain that you aren't getting the answers you need from IRCC, and you need to know if you should be extending the study Visas.

If you get your spouse to call first, it will likely get more attention from the MP.
What is the MP? I can try to get my spouse to call, but usually I am the one who deals with all this stuff. I just honestly don't know where to turn at this point.

ivan28

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Work permit is not a travel document.
Yes you are right profiler but immigration asked my girlfriend to show her work permit. maybe because the entry visa stamped on her passport is "worker"". So better bring it with them just to be sure ^_^

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Foxhound

Sep 3, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Request
31-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-06-2017
LANDED..........
12-09-2017
hi

question - has anyone ever traveled overseas while their in-land sponsorship was being processed ? i have read and been advised not to travel while in-land sponsorship is in process as re-entry is not guaranteed.

my spouse (and me as well) is not from a visa-exempt country and is currently on an OWP. we are mid - 2017 applicants and are still waiting to hear back from ircc.

any advice if it is a good idea to travel back home while the processing is being done ?
As long as you do have a valid visa then it should not be a problem. You cannot travel with only your work permit. Make sure you have a valid visa for re-entry and take the work permit along as a supporting document. I did travel out for 2 weeks when my application was being processed.

Reactions: sylvain1

kimjae11

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
I just landed today in Vancouver and here’s my Spousal Sponsorship inland application timeline:

December 6, 2016: Application sent

December 9, 2016: Application Received

December 23, 2016: AOR - Sponsor

January 9, 2017: AOR - Principal Applicant

May 31, 2017: Medical Request and more proof of relationship documents requested

June 1, 2017: Sponsor Approval

June 9, 2017: Medical’s done

June 20, 2017: Medical results received by CIC (update on ECAS)

August 23, 2017: Landing letter received

August 31, 2017: Approval in Principle granted

September 12, 2017: Landing Interview

I bumped into this forum quite late in my application process and what a family this great forum is. Very helpful and respectful members on this forum. Special thanks to every member of this group whose input has helped us while our applications are being processed. You guys are amazing. For those still waiting on updates/good news from CIC, hang in there. It will come soon rather than later. I wish you all the best. I will continue being active to help answer any questions whenever I can.
I love your timeline!

Reactions: Foxhound

kimjae11

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
I just landed today in Vancouver and here’s my Spousal Sponsorship inland application timeline:

May 31, 2017: Medical Request and more proof of relationship documents requested

I bumped into this forum quite late in my application process and what a family this great forum is. Very helpful and respectful members on this forum. Special thanks to every member of this group whose input has helped us while our applications are being processed. You guys are amazing. For those still waiting on updates/good news from CIC, hang in there. It will come soon rather than later. I wish you all the best. I will continue being active to help answer any questions whenever I can.
Hey buddy, can you let us know your immigration officer's initial stated in SA and AIP letter?
Just called CIC. any they are saying they are working on September 2016 files... wonder how your case is over..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hey buddy, can you let us know your immigration officer's initial stated in SA and AIP letter?
Just called CIC. any they are saying they are working on September 2016 files... wonder how your case is over..
SA / AIP letters are signed by "Case Processing Centre - Mississauga"

Inlandspouse

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Thank you for the response.

But we are planning to travel back home (India). And even the consultant was hesitant in advising us to travel while the application is in process. :(
I would say go only if you have to go. Otherwise if you are just wishing to visit, I would suggest to postpone until COPR.

Inlandspouse

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017

Congratulations !! Seeing people from December done, gives me real hope too.
Do you mind sharing the country of origin of the sponsored person in your case ?

kimjae11

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
I just called CIC and talked to the agent.

As we all know, getting PR is all case by case and officer by officer.

I guess it is same thing with call agent as well.

She basically said I dont know, I cant tell you, your applicant will be done by 2018 September.

whenever I asked a question, she was telling me she does not have that details lol......

I argued by saying something like "Than all applicant after Dec 7 2016 will be processed with higher priority than older applicants?" her response was "yes sir" ............

Last edited:
Reactions: rizaki