+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

muusehisman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
browning911 said:
According to the spreadsheet, no January 2016 applicants have been granted their PR but three (3) March 2016 applicants have been granted their PR which equals the total of all 2016 applicants that have received their PR. All of those applicants were from "first world" country.

Thanx browning911.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
I guess we have to continue to be patient. At least the majority of applicants have OWP so at least can work. I hope that we all at least receive updates by December 2016. It's the checking GCKey/ECAS every morning hoping for an update and not getting one that is the hardest part. Yeah, yeah I know maybe it is better to not check so often but what if there is an update? :eek:

I am happy that we can commiserate with each other. And I am sorry for the 2015 applicants that are frustrated that us 2016 applicants getting SA, AIP and DM and they are still waiting but it's not our fault that the system is "broken". I feel bad for them but I also would be happy if we get SA, AIP. I just don't get why it takes so long to process and they have shown that they can expedite the process by their results with the refugees.

All families/spouses deserve to be processed in 9 months.

Please everyone let your voice be heard:
http://www.liberal.ca/building-a-better-future-priorities-for-fall-2016/

Remind them of their promise and why it was not part of the choices as a top priority when Parliament resumes in Fall 2016? Let them know that we expect them to deliver results. We must hold them accountable.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
I guess we have to continue to be patient. At least the majority of applicants have OWP so at least can work. I hope that we all at least receive updates by December 2016. It's the checking GCKey/ECAS every morning hoping for an update and not getting one that is the hardest part. Yeah, yeah I know maybe it is better to not check so often but what if there is an update? :eek:

I am happy that we can commiserate with each other. And I am sorry for the 2015 applicants that are frustrated that us 2016 applicants getting SA, AIP and DM and they are still waiting but it's not our fault that the system is "broken". I feel bad for them but I also would be happy if we get SA, AIP. I just don't get why it takes so long to process and they have shown that they can expedite the process by their results with the refugees.

All families/spouses deserve to be processed in 9 months.

Please everyone let your voice be heard:
http://www.liberal.ca/building-a-better-future-priorities-for-fall-2016/

Remind them of their promise and why it was not part of the choices as a top priority when Parliament resumes in Fall 2016? Let them know that we expect them to deliver results. We must hold them accountable.
Hey browning911: I understand your frustration. Did you set up myCIC (what you call GCKey) to email or text you when there is an update? You can do that, so you don't have to be salty anymore ;).

The system works -- it doesn't appear to, but consider this (anyone who might be interested in my opinion, enjoy!):
There is only a handful of officers that can review cases. They may spend a couple hours, or a couple minutes per case in a cycle. It all depends on evidence before them. If they need more, well, they just reschedule for the next cycle to check for more details. The IRCC does rely heavily on information from other agencies as well. So every xx days they are scheduled to look at a case to see if there is any further information that they can proceed to the next step; if not, then back in the queue with a new scheduled date to review. It should also be noted that two officers work one case through it's life (more may be required if they have specific knowledge or skills required to process the case). If you are interested in when your next scheduled date is, it is available in the GCMS notes.

It appears to me that the cycles and cadences may be round robin, meaning they start at the top of the heap, looking at cases one at a time. When they reach the bottom, they start again at the top and work down. The number of cases a pair of officers (there is two working every case) can clear in xx months is probably determining the number of cases in their heap.

The biggest problem with systems like this is when you introduce distortions ('input' (cases) or 'external dependencies' (other agencies)) -- for example 25,000 Syrian Refugees. Then the schedules end up delayed or being skipped because the officers' attention is elsewhere.

The only real way to fix problems like backlog is to hire more officers who evaluate cases. I do agree this may be a long term goal to shoot for, but there is no short term solution.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
Hey browning911: I understand your frustration. Did you set up myCIC (what you call GCKey) to email or text you when there is an update? You can do that, so you don't have to be salty anymore ;).

The system works -- it doesn't appear to, but consider this (anyone who might be interested in my opinion, enjoy!):
There is only a handful of officers that can review cases. They may spend a couple hours, or a couple minutes per case in a cycle. It all depends on evidence before them. If they need more, well, they just reschedule for the next cycle to check for more details. The IRCC does rely heavily on information from other agencies as well. So every xx days they are scheduled to look at a case to see if there is any further information that they can proceed to the next step; if not, then back in the queue with a new scheduled date to review. It should also be noted that two officers work one case through it's life (more may be required if they have specific knowledge or skills required to process the case). If you are interested in when your next scheduled date is, it is available in the GCMS notes.

It appears to me that the cycles and cadences may be round robin, meaning they start at the top of the heap, looking at cases one at a time. When they reach the bottom, they start again at the top and work down. The number of cases a pair of officers (there is two working every case) can clear in xx months is probably determining the number of cases in their heap.

The biggest problem with systems like this is when you introduce distortions ('input' (cases) or 'external dependencies' (other agencies)) -- for example 25,000 Syrian Refugees. Then the schedules end up delayed or being skipped because the officers' attention is elsewhere.

The only real way to fix problems like backlog is to hire more officers who evaluate cases. I do agree this may be a long term goal to shoot for, but there is no short term solution.
Hi Profiler. Always a pleasure to type to you and to get your feedback. You and your PIC (CanadianAlien).

I know that they will send an update to me but I still feel the need to check. Hopefully as we get further into this process that need will dissipate.

I appreciate your explanation. Thank you. Let's hope they are training more officers to alleviate the backlog.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
Hi Profiler. Always a pleasure to type to you and to get your feedback. You and your PIC (CanadianAlien).

I know that they will send an update to me but I still feel the need to check. Hopefully as we get further into this process that need will dissipate.

I appreciate your explanation. Thank you. Let's hope they are training more officers to alleviate the backlog.
PIC? I understand the need to check. I had the same need. Still do, despite knowing there has been progress. I still hate Tuesday's -- not sure when that will subside.

In our case, we are going to be held up because the Russian Consulate in Toronto posts a door rate for return of PCC's at 60 days. That means, we will not be able to get the PCC to IRCC before the 60 days they gave us is up. Despite them still telling me not to request it, we did so a week after we got the notices. We did let them know about the delay, and that it was not in our control. That does have me concerned that we will miss the next 'cycle', and therefore fall out of the slipstream of applications destined to be completed this year -- perhaps yours can take our place :).

I do find comfort in my wife being able to live and work here while we wait. I also find comfort in commiserating as well :). And to be fair, we did know we were signing up for a longer term project. Our biggest concern is for her to be able to get OHIP soon. Their is also an older, aging Granny back home that needs to be visited.

Perhaps something you can do (and others) is to have the Canadian's in your lives (CC, PR, whatever they may be) to email their MP's or Justin directly to ask them/him directly to focus more energy on clearing the backlog completely. This could result is more officers clearing cases. I do know that staffers do respond to those messages, but all levels of government do answer to the common folk. If a request is made, at any level, it requires servicing by the official who received it.

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Sent out application on August 9, 2016. Delivered to CIC Mississauga on August 10. Today we've got AOR. Small thing but exciting, at least they received it and it wasn't lost :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
vladikim said:
Sent out application on August 9, 2016. Delivered to CIC Mississauga on August 10. Today we've got AOR. Small thing but exciting, at least they received it and it wasn't lost :)
Congrats -- now the wait begins.

You may want to read up on how to set up a myCIC account so you can track your application. You probably won't be able to link it, or see anything on the application until you can log in to ECAS (check status tool from CIC).

texanincanada

Aug 29, 2016
Canad1anAl1en said:
I would be surprised if you didn't get it this week, you are exactly 1 week in front of the latest posters who have just announced seeing their permits being authorized on line...normally that's 4-7 days before it shows up in the post (could even come today).
I got through to an agent at CIC today, and she's emailing me my application # for the work permit so I can link my account online, and she said I should have an answer by September 4th based on their May 4th receipt of my application. I was crossing my fingers yesterday and today, but when the Post still didn't deliver, I decided to call again. There's a job I really really want to apply for and the application deadline is today, but I guess when I can link my GCKey after receiving the application number, I'll print that off and send it with my application and say I should have a permit in a few days.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
texanincanada said:
I got through to an agent at CIC today, and she's emailing me my application # for the work permit so I can link my account online, and she said I should have an answer by September 4th based on their May 4th receipt of my application. I was crossing my fingers yesterday and today, but when the Post still didn't deliver, I decided to call again. There's a job I really really want to apply for and the application deadline is today, but I guess when I can link my GCKey after receiving the application number, I'll print that off and send it with my application and say I should have a permit in a few days.
Apply anyway. Then explain to the employer the state you are in (waiting for them to send it to you, and you can produce it when it arrives be either email or mail). It might take the employer time to get to your application anyway. AND It's Labour Day -- no one is doing application processing :).

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
10-08-16 Background check started 29-07-16
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
texanincanada said:
In your case I would take the chance being so close to the date when they MUST process....I would just apply, by the time you get an interview (if successful) your permit will be here, and can be shown at that stage...if you applied today, and they phoned tomorrow (unlikely, companies hate to appear desperate) to schedule an interview...just arrange it for Wednesday next week..that would be the 7th Sept.

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
profiler said:
Apply anyway. Then explain to the employer the state you are in (waiting for them to send it to you, and you can produce it when it arrives be either email or mail). It might take the employer time to get to your application anyway. AND It's Labour Day -- no one is doing application processing :).
LOL Profiler...Great minds think alike.

PS..PIC..Partner In Crime, I think?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
LOL Profiler...Great minds think alike.

PS..PIC..Partner In Crime, I think?
'Great'? Hopefully you were using that term loosely ;). Yeah probably a partner in crime.

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
Re contacting Mp's etc, let me relate a tale from when I was a Temporary Foreign Worker, in the course of my job I ended up dealing with the then current Minister of Immigration and 2 of his office staff, they ran into me, literally and held the accent. They of course, started pumping me for information after the usual pleasantries about what it was like being a TFW, my plans for the future etc, and ended by wishing me well and being given a business card with the senior staffers details with the unspoken proviso that if I needed help in the future (this was a private meeting, no cameras or PR opportunities)...

2 months or so later they announced the cull of TFW, while it is wrong to think ill of folks, I'm guessing they knew or had an idea what was coming when they sat talking to me, telling me my skills are what Canada needs, and TFW are always welcome...not even a hint was given.

Ever since then I always follow the old adage: How do you know a politician is lying?...Their lips are moving!

Oh yes..and when in distress I phoned the staffer...still waiting for my calls to be returned.

nataliengan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
Canad1anAl1en said:
the answer to that is...it depends.

IF you applied for your OWP prior to your work permit expiring, then you are indeed fortunate and should dance the happy dance, as you are now in implied status, and can work right now under your old permits conditions, until the new one is approved/not approved...yes right now.

IF you had status when you applied, be that TRV, etc...I mean LEGAL status in the country, visitor record etc...then you will wait approx 4 months for the OWP (i would remind everyone that if you are within 90 days of having lost legal status, you can apply for resumption of status)

IF neither of the above apply, your OWP will not be processed until your PR application gains approval in principle (AIP)...throw a dart at the board, and take a ticket, as to when that will happen.
thanks a lot. :D

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
How do you know a politician is lying?...Their lips are moving!
There is always mainstream media ;).