IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
No news yet. Instead a bug flew in and got stuck in my ear this evening. I am panicking like crazy. First time to experience this. Teeth killing me despite undergoing a grueling session at the periodontist recently and spending bucket loads of mulah, since insurance is almost useless as it covers only 1 grand. What more can one go through before CIC would extend her magnanimity to me by at least giving me sponsorship approval.
Oh, shit :( My wife is looking at the peridontist for the end of the month :( I hope it's getting better for you! Most dental plans for insurers will only cover 50% of major restorative (provinces can pick up dental if it's emergency services (extractions, etc)).

You can try contacting an MP (have your partner do this first). If you express that you have a reasonably urgent case, they can look into the status for you... I cannot at all guarantee that they will intervene, but at least you will get some answers!

Reactions: browning911

lexmark

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
I wish you to get news soon, but if I remember well, you applied in Sept, so few more weeks and you should seeing some movements.
I originally submitted in August and some few weeks later I saw a big bundle of 'love letters' in the mail box. Opened it, alas! It was my app from Cic. Returned for missing document. I sent it back in September. Technically, September is my app received date.

lexmark

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Oh, shit :( My wife is looking at the peridontist for the end of the month :( I hope it's getting better for you! Most dental plans for insurers will only cover 50% of major restorative (provinces can pick up dental if it's emergency services (extractions, etc)).

You can try contacting an MP (have your partner do this first). If you express that you have a reasonably urgent case, they can look into the status for you... I cannot at all guarantee that they will intervene, but at least you will get some answers!
I noticed a significant difference after the performed what they termed "deep pocket gum cleaning procedure". The dentist was scraping and tearing everything in mouth in the name of treatment while the torture from the procedure would break the ricter scale. Going back again next week to get another dose of torture. I am looking at using the Mp card as a last resort. Shouldn't I have gotten SA with my timeline?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Maybe impeach the whole family
Haha... well, I think they can only do that to Trump. I do think they are looking at charges for most of the family though (explains why they have an organized crime lawyer on Mueller's staff).

Reactions: carolbb23

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
I wonder if the same topics will be rehashed over and over again in the next election campaign, and how many of the same ones will be doing this after the next election if he gets re-elected:

so much politics on here, anyone have any good news today from CIC? did I notice some posts in between the politics saying that waiting times for PR went up recently? what is that about?

Yeah good news our representative emailed, to say my husband pr card is in her office it arrived yesterday

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I noticed a significant difference after the performed what they termed "deep pocket gum cleaning procedure". The dentist was scraping and tearing everything in mouth in the name of treatment while the torture from the procedure would break the ricter scale. Going back again next week to get another dose of torture. I am looking at using the Mp card as a last resort. Shouldn't I have gotten SA with my timeline?
That will depend. I would use the MP card now. I can't say that the provincial insurance plan would cover it at all....so keep that in mind. But I would think that you are reasonably close to at least an SA. What's your country of origin?

Luckily (or not) my wife had a root canal that had a pin in it, the pin broke. So, it's an extraction, and they have to pick out the several pieces of pin, then they have to insert "donor bone" into the gum to build up the bone.... wait 6-8 months and then install a screw....wait 4 months minimum for it to heal, then install a crown. All on teh very front tooth, top left :(

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Might sound silly, but is it possible to get OHIP with the DM letter? I never received any AIP letter and am currently waiting for the landing invitation which may take up to 8 weeks.

lexmark

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Attended a job interview today and it was looking good during the 1st phase of the interview. They guy actually started discussing working conditions and mulah ($). I waa asked to wait for a second interview with another guy higher up. Everything was going good until he asked me when I would lik to start. I said I need to give 2 weeks notice to my current employer and he immediately wrapped up the interview and said that a lot of people have applied and that they would let me know if they want my services. Looks like they want someone who is ready to start immediately. Wht do u guys think?

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Attended a job interview today and it was looking good during the 1st phase of the interview. They guy actually started discussing working conditions and mulah ($). I waa asked to wait for a second interview with another guy higher up. Everything was going good until he asked me when I would lik to start. I said I need to give 2 weeks notice to my current employer and he immediately wrapped up the interview and said that a lot of people have applied and that they would let me know if they want my services. Looks like they want someone who is ready to start immediately. Wht do u guys think?
That's unfortunate. Also, even if many people might have applied for the position it is unprofessional (and immature) of them to turn down the candidate this way.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
On the spreadsheet, I don't see SA/AIP for applicants from August (except the first week) and September. So I would say your timeline seems normal. But soon, they should work on August/September. And from SA/AIP to DM to Landing, everything goes relatively fast. So, few more weeks to test your patience ;), but it will come soon!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
So, I tend to agree with @erable_rouge here. I tend to think that it may or not may work in your favour. It might depend on the money you asked for, and the type of job that you applied for.

Most places I have applied to as that question. Most expect I say a minimum of 2 weeks notice. If I don't, it's considered either a lie (not employed), or that I am unprofessional for not giving some kind of notice. So it will depend a little more on the situation, but without that, the above stands.

Reactions: erable_rouge

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
hummmm.... that's a bit ridiculous from them! It's very normal to have to give a 2 weeks notice, it's not like you were asking for some time off before switching job.

Reactions: profiler

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Might sound silly, but is it possible to get OHIP with the DM letter? I never received any AIP letter and am currently waiting for the landing invitation which may take up to 8 weeks.
apparently not, which sounds stupid as DM is further in the process of permanent residence. Maybe try to call CIC and ask if they can send you your AIP, so that you could apply for OHIP.

Reactions: erable_rouge

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
apparently not, which sounds stupid as DM is further in the process of permanent residence. Maybe try to call CIC and ask if they can send you your AIP, so that you could apply for OHIP.
Sure, will try that.