+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship from Inside Canada

marlaANDmateh

May 26, 2007
Hi !

Ok i have asked questions here before and have got some pretty confused answers so i need to ask again please.

Heres our situation :

Im a british citizen , engaged to a canadian citizen

My fiance is in the final stages of divorce and as soon as that goes through we plan to marry.

I want to apply for permanent residency from WITHIN canada, however :

I am here on a six month TRV which runs out December 21st.

The divorce might not be final by then. So i need to extend my visa.

QUESTION : will they extend my visa by 2 months because we will marry in that time ?

QUESTION : will finances affect the decision of my extended visa ? i already know finances dont affect spousal sponsorship :)

QUESTION : If i get the extended visa, and apply for permanent residency from within canada once married , DO I HAVE TO GET ANOTHER EXTENDED VISA OR CAN I WAIT IN CANADA WHILE THE PERMANENT RESIDENCY APPLICATION GOES THROUGH ?

Thanks in anticipation

maTeh

brule

Apr 24, 2006
QUESTION : will they extend my visa by 2 months because we will marry in that time

Submit the application and state exactly what your intension's are. I would make the request an extension to include the time required for the sponsorship to be completed.

QUESTION : will finances affect the decision of my extended visa ? i already know finances dont affect spousal sponsorship :)

Of course. Remember you need to show that you can financially support your self while in Canada as visitor.

QUESTION : If i get the extended visa, and apply for permanent residency from within canada once married , DO I HAVE TO GET ANOTHER EXTENDED VISA OR CAN I WAIT IN CANADA WHILE THE PERMANENT RESIDENCY APPLICATION GOES THROUGH ?

Remember you are a visitor - that is your legal status. Even if you apply for PR you are still a TR. So yes you will have not get another extension until the process has been completed or unless you decide to change your legal status.

Sharjil

Star Member
Feb 18, 2011
Mississauga,Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th September ,2010
Doc's Request.
7th Febuary ,2012
File Transfer...
10th November,2010
Med's Request
9th April , 2012 - 17th April, 2013
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
18th April , 2013
VISA ISSUED...
1st june, 2013
LANDED..........
23rd june, 2013
Target: To achieve the decrease in spousal immigration process time at CHC-Isl
Sponsored by: Spouse Immigration Applicants (Sponsors & Sponsored)
To: Ministry of Citizenship & Immigration Canada AND CHC-Islamabad

This is the Petition for Spouse Immigration Canada Processing Delay at Canadian High Commission Islamabad.

The current (2010) Average time for Application processing = 9 months
This average time is mentioned in most Acknowledgment Of Receipt letters sent by CHC-Islamabad but the reality is far different with average time of processing 12 to 14 months. Things get even scarier for some applicants who have to wait for more than a year and some of the unfortunates are waiting from last 2 years. In some cases CHC-Islambad stay silent from 6 months to 18.

Now imagine you got married and started your relationship in full swing (With no premarital relationship) and had to file spouse immigration to live together so, after few days of unforgettable sweet memories with your spouse you move 10 thousand miles away & for how much time? no one knows!. The authority who knows doesn't inform you about the status for months and years which end frustration, disappointment and jolts to your relationship.

We believe CHC-Islamabad should speed up the Spouse Immigration Process with average time of 4 months and maximum of 6 months with NO Exceptions. If there are complications in case the applicant should be kept informed with updates.

We hope our raised voice would bring some change for spouse immigrants in Pakistan

ozzyman

Dec 30, 2014
Spousal Sponsorship Work permit (new law)

Canada: New Expedited Work Permit Applications For Spousal Sponsorship Applicants

December 22, 2014 – The Government of Canada has announced that, effective immediately, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will expedite the issuing open work permits to applicants for permanent residence in the Spouses or Common-Law Partners in Canada class (SCLPC). The SCLPC permits Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor a spouse or common-law partner to come to Canada.

This change means that the spouses and common-law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents will now benefit from expedited access to open work permits while their applications for permanent residency are being processed. This represents a substantial shift from the previous practice of holding work permits until an approval-in-principle had been obtained on the application for permanent residency.

If you would like to sponsor a spouse or common-law partner to come to Canada, or you have already made an application in the SCLPC class but have not yet applied for a work permit, please contact Green and Spiegel LLP for more information or assistance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: Spousal Sponsorship Work permit (new law)

ozzyman said:
Canada: New Expedited Work Permit Applications For Spousal Sponsorship Applicants
Please don't respond to threads that are over three years old.