JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Bumping this thread, as im just wondering if anything has heard anything? Aside from looking for spousal Visa updates or info, im also keeping an eye on the airport situation...i keep seeing wildly different or changing timelines, but last i heard (As of yesterday afternoon) the plan is still for El Dorado reopening Sept 1st, but take that with a huge grain of salt as it seems to change on a day by day basis.
I heard today they're lifting the quarantine and curfews Sept 1st which lines up with the proposed opening of the airport again. What that all means for us? I hope it allows embassy staff to get back to work 100% and get things rolling a lot faster.

Reactions: Gtiffen

Gtiffen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Well by everything im hearing now, it does indeed like the quarantine is lifting as of September 1st....ever my wife believes it now, and shes been a skeptic all along. So i truly hope that our visa applications start moving along now!!

Reactions: JohnnyToronto

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Nothing since mid July. I'm hoping with the country wide quarantine lifted people can get back to work at the embassy to process more of our applications.

Gtiffen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Hey folks just wondering if anyone has had any further news or movement out of Bogota VO? My immigration consultant sent a query a week ago asking for information, but we havn't even got a response from that yet, so just wondering if anyone else has had better luck?

Gtiffen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nothing since end of July. Nothing new on ECAS or GCKEY. :confused::rolleyes::mad:
Ugh, same...this is getting depressing. Im even starting to think about flying back to Bogota when flights begin again if i dont hear something soon (which is completely impractical financially and job-wise, but i dont know what else to do...ah well hopefully we hear something soon.)

Gtiffen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Well folks, as much as I hesitate to start allowing myself to get too optimistic again, according to the VFSglobal website for Colombia it looks like things might start to move again as of tomorrow!! (In terms of passport submission and returns which leads me to believe that other steps such as PPR letters etc, are about to start going out?)

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Colombia/English/important_information.html

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
  • Medellin:
    The Canada VAC in “Medellin” is closed to the public, but will provide passport return services via courier only with effect from 22nd September 2020 (Tuesday & Thursday from 9:00 to 16:00). A VAC representative will contact applicants whose passports are ready to be returned and will provide further details regarding how passports will be returned to applicants via the courier service provided by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice.
    The VAC in “Medellin” is closed to the public, but will provide Passport Submission services with effect from 22nd September 2020 (Tuesday & Thursday from 9:00 to 16:00). Applicants are requested to send their passports to the VAC by mail or using the courier service offered by the VAC. Submission of passports in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice.
  • Cali:
    The Canada VAC in “Cali” is closed to the public, but will provide passport return services via courier only with effect from 22nd September 2020 (Tuesday & Thursday from 9:00 to 16:00). A VAC representative will contact applicants whose passports are ready to be returned and will provide further details regarding how passports will be returned to applicants via the courier service provided by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice.
    The VAC in “Cali” is closed to the public, but will provide Passport Submission services with effect from 22nd September 2020 (Tuesday & Thursday from 9:00 to 16:00). Applicants are requested to send their passports to the VAC by mail or using the courier service offered by the VAC. Submission of passports in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice.
  • Bogota:
    The Canada VAC in “Bogota” is closed to the public, but will provide passport return services via courier only with effect from 22nd September 2020 (Tuesday & Friday from 9:00 to 16:00). A VAC representative will contact applicants whose passports are ready to be returned and will provide further details regarding how passports will be returned to applicants via the courier service provided by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice.
    The VAC in “Bogota” is closed to the public, but will provide Passport Submission services with effect from 22nd September 2020 (Tuesday & Friday from 9:00 to 16:00). Applicants are requested to send their passports to the VAC by mail or using the courier service offered by the VAC. Submission of passports in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice.

Reactions: Ana Cruz

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Ugh, same...this is getting depressing. Im even starting to think about flying back to Bogota when flights begin again if i dont hear something soon (which is completely impractical financially and job-wise, but i dont know what else to do...ah well hopefully we hear something soon.)
Agreed. We were trying to keep costs down for the next trip for both of us to come back to Canada together but if we're looking up to 6 months delay, we may have no choice but for me to make another visit, if only for a few days. It's emotionally exhausting.

Reactions: Gtiffen

Gtiffen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Agreed. We were trying to keep costs down for the next trip for both of us to come back to Canada together but if we're looking up to 6 months delay, we may have no choice but for me to make another visit, if only for a few days. It's emotionally exhausting.
completely with you on that, i am seriously thinking i will have to go soon if nothing happens on our file soon, and we had the same plan as you, fly back to Canada together, but not sure how realistic this will be ....hopefully the fact that the VFSglobal offices are open again in Bogota, Cali and Medillen effective today means things will move along.