Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Health emergency was extended until August 31 :(
To be clear, the country wide quarantine was extended a week to end of May. The health state of emergency was extended to end of August. This means that if the quarantine is lifted, more people can go back to work but all health precautions will be held in place until end of August.(masks, social distancing, limited persons in stores etc)

"BOGOTA — Colombia’s mandatory quarantine has been extended by a further week until May 31, President Ivan Duque said on Tuesday, the fourth extension to a lockdown meant to curb the spread of coronavirus.

The Andean country has nearly 17,000 confirmed cases of coronavirus and more than 600 deaths. It began quarantine in late March.

The country’s health state of emergency, which had been set to end on May 31, will instead be extended until the end of August, Duque added"

Reactions: Gtiffen

Ana Cruz

Feb 17, 2020
To be clear, the country wide quarantine was extended a week to end of May. The health state of emergency was extended to end of August. This means that if the quarantine is lifted, more people can go back to work but all health precautions will be held in place until end of August.(masks, social distancing, limited persons in stores etc)

"BOGOTA — Colombia’s mandatory quarantine has been extended by a further week until May 31, President Ivan Duque said on Tuesday, the fourth extension to a lockdown meant to curb the spread of coronavirus.

The Andean country has nearly 17,000 confirmed cases of coronavirus and more than 600 deaths. It began quarantine in late March.

The country’s health state of emergency, which had been set to end on May 31, will instead be extended until the end of August, Duque added"
He also said that there will be no national or international flights until June 30; later in the summary it came out that international flights will not be enabled until the end of the health emergency.

Reactions: JohnnyToronto

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
He also said that there will be no national or international flights until June 30; later in the summary it came out that international flights will not be enabled until the end of the health emergency.
I'm only seeing that it's yet to be lifted with no date specified. What is your source Ana? I want to learn as much as possible.
Here's is my info from the National Post
"Domestic and international flights will not resume yet, nor will inter-municipal travel.
Schools and universities will remain closed through July, and people 70 years and older must stay at home through June, Duque said. "

Ana Cruz

Feb 17, 2020
I'm only seeing that it's yet to be lifted with no date specified. What is your source Ana? I want to learn as much as possible.
Here's is my info from the National Post
"Domestic and international flights will not resume yet, nor will inter-municipal travel.
Schools and universities will remain closed through July, and people 70 years and older must stay at home through June, Duque said. "
In the midst of the measures he announced, Duque reported that "from June 1 to 30, the Colombian borders will continue to be closed" and that, therefore, "inter-municipal land transport and national and international flights will not be enabled" during those dates.
Source: www.eltiempo.com

I saw the information that international flights were enabled until the end of the emergency during the presidential broadcast live on the caracol channel

Last edited:

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
In the midst of the measures he announced, Duque reported that "from June 1 to 30, the Colombian borders will continue to be closed" and that, therefore, "inter-municipal land transport and national and international flights will not be enabled" during those dates.
Source: www.eltiempo.com

I saw the information that international flights were enabled until the end of the emergency during the presidential broadcast live on the caracol channel
Muchas gracias Ana! Thanks for all of the info! We're all in this together. Every little bit helps.

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Nothing significant Ana. Nothing indicating things are open fully yet. Wait wait wait. My 12 months is in Sept. We hoped for maybe October travel to Canada. Now it's likely not happening until 2021.

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
So there has been worries that further delays will come when Colombia goes back to a tighter quarantine until the end of August (23rd).
Originally this was only Bogota but my wife confirmed today that it's the whole country. Curfews applied and selective days by ID odd and even numbers during the week.
I emailed the embassy in May and they reassured me they were still processing PR applications but a little slower.

This afternoon my wife received a pre-arrival letter update on her GCKey. That means they are still processing and moving ahead. I only hope it doesn't slow down again with a new lockdown.

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Any more updates from anyone? I haven't seen any travel updates from Colombia while they are still in quarantine and experiencing curfews.
If they're still processing apps, that's something even if we can't visit our loved ones while we wait. Our 2nd wedding anniversary is in October. Looks like we'll be apart for it. :(

Gtiffen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Any more updates from anyone? I haven't seen any travel updates from Colombia while they are still in quarantine and experiencing curfews.
If they're still processing apps, that's something even if we can't visit our loved ones while we wait. Our 2nd wedding anniversary is in October. Looks like we'll be apart for it. :(
Nothing here either, John...the status on our Ecas changed to decision made a month ago today, and since then crickets. Our first wedding anniversary is coming up at the end of September, so I’m not very hopeful that we will be together for ours either :(

Gtiffen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Bumping this thread, as im just wondering if anything has heard anything? Aside from looking for spousal Visa updates or info, im also keeping an eye on the airport situation...i keep seeing wildly different or changing timelines, but last i heard (As of yesterday afternoon) the plan is still for El Dorado reopening Sept 1st, but take that with a huge grain of salt as it seems to change on a day by day basis.

Reactions: JohnnyToronto