+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Bogota Colombia 2015 ?anybody

lmax

Jul 17, 2015
No word :( Trust me this wait feels so long!! It's been more than one month since my husband completed his medicals and background declaration and still nothing. . .

Let's all keep positive that we all hear something within the next few weeks so we can resume our lives. ;)

lmax

Jul 17, 2015
I'm glad for you lamika04. When was the last time you went to Ecuador? I haven't been since May, its been almost 4 months!! Crazy! I wish I was going next week, have a wonderful time and enjoy!

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
I just received a phone call at work from a Canadian immagration officer! She was extremely nice, and asked me a series of questions, just a few things she was wondering and not sure about! She said everything looks good and she'd be sending a PPR to my husbands email soon! Our PR will expire Jan 13th she said, so i will be travelling with my family some time before that!! I can't believe it!!!! ;D ;D

BE PATIENT EVERYONE WE ARE ALL REALLY CLOSE!! ;D

lmax

Jul 17, 2015
Hi Jennjj,

Congratulations on your news!! :D :D That is so exciting!!!

I have a few questions if you don't mind. . is it common for an immigration officer to call to request information. I've just never heard of it. What type of questions did they ask, was it intimidating? I usually don't answer my phone to private numbers that's why I'm wondering.

I really hope I hear something soon. My husband is not working anymore and we are desperate to be together. Thanks for the update and best wishes!!

lamika04

Apr 1, 2015
Omg these are great News !! I am sooooo jealous right now! Still these are good indication for me too i guess ans thé good things si that from now we are gonna wait the family all togeter !!!good Luck jennyou are so close

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
Hi! Thanks so much!

Sorry i took so long to reply, but the website wasn't working for me for some reason.

So, i really have no idea how common it is for an officer to call. But she called my house first, my mom gave her my work number and she called me at work. She was actually very respectful and very nice. She first asked if it was ok to call me at work and if not she would send me an email next week (but i figured that would just mean everything would take longer, so no way i didn't want anymore delays!).

She wanted to know exactly what are plans are on getting back, in a split second i decided just to be as honest as i possibly can and let her know i was pregnant again (which i know complicates my situation a little because i can't work right away) and i told her my husband would look for work as soon as we arrive and we'd stay with my sister until we are better settled in. So she asked why we havent started looking for work, so i told her because we have no exact estimation of when he could actually begin working because we don't know when his papers would be ready. She asked if my sister in canada lives alone and i let her know that no she lives with her husband. She then told me everything i sent with my app is more than enough information to let her know that we are for real and everything looks great and she doesn't need anything aditional. She said she just had to check if my husband has ever lived in another country and do a background check (which he has not) and that she was ready to issue his residence. She then congratulated me on my pregnancy and asked if i was sure i wanted my baby to be born in such cold weather and i told her we were ready!

It's now offcial, yesterday my husband received an email asking for his passport and 4 pictures so they can issue his residence. We could not be happier! It expired January 13th and we have bought tickets for January 11th and are officially moving on that day :)

Please let me know if you have any other questions! I'm sure you guys are just around the corner!!

lmax

Jul 17, 2015
Jennjj,

Thank you for providing so much clarification, I really appreciate your openess. Congratulations to you and your family on this long awaited news!! I am personally very happy for you all, I'm sure it has felt like a forever journey that has now all been worth it.

I have been feeling especially desperate for immigration to request my husband's passport. We haven't seen each other in 4 months and it's not easy. We are hoping this will all be over within the next few months or sooner.

Thanks again and many blessings to you and your family!! ;D ;D

lmax

lmax

Jul 17, 2015
Has anyone else heard anything yet? Hoping to hear something soon!! I want my husband here in time for my 30th birthday in November!! Wishing, hoping, praying!! Wishing a great week to everyone!

Lmax

lmax

Jul 17, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to provide an update. Last Wednesday, Sept 23, my husband's passport was requested!!! Woo hoo! ;D ;D ;D He sent it in the same day! He used DHL Express to send it as that what is offered in his city. Unfortunately, DHL doesn't offer the return waybill service so we only sent it one way. We have tried to contact Columbia by email but haven't heard anything. Does anyone know what other options we have? What services did you guys use?

We are hoping he will be here within the next few weeks. I am so relieved this is all over, finally! Any news from anyone else? Keep positive.

lmax

lamika04

Apr 1, 2015
Congratulations to both of you! Still nothing on my side ,,, on a positive way we are together since 2 weeks! Just hope it's gonna arrive soon so I can go home with him! A lot of happiness to you guys

lmax

Jul 17, 2015
Thank you Lamika, I'm glad to hear that you guys have been enjoying time together for two weeks. Enjoy every moment. You should hear anything any time soon. I think you and your husband are at the end, just a matter of a week or you could even hear this week. I hope your husband will be eligible to go back with you. Stay positive!

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
Hi everybody!

On monday we received from Fedex my husbands passport with visa! Papers for residence confirmation and also all our pictures back. We are so happy the process is finally over because we were worried and nervous until we actually had the papers back and in our hands.

Good luck to everyone, I am sure your waiting is almost over! Please let me know if anyone has any questions! ;D

Catherine27

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
25-02-2016
AOR Received.
No AOR1 / AOR2: 21-01-16
File Transfer...
SA by mail 30-12-2015 (letter date: 14-12-2015)
Med's Request
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
28-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
10-03-2016
Congratulations!!!!

I have been reading this topic and I feel happy for you at least you got the PR.

:D :D :D :D