+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal PR from Dominican Republic

bb416

Mar 7, 2018
We have had no updates on our website link since March, but through checking his application online via another portal we found out México office started processing his application April 19th. Still waiting, sadly. I haven't seen him in 8 months so we miss each other. They received our application Nov 29th 2017 so hopefully we will hear from them soon
Yes I hope they will contact you soon. I understand how you feel missing each other sucks. Can I ask if you used a lawyer? And you do live in Ontario correct? It seems that the people in Quebec go through a lot faster

Musicali

Apr 28, 2018
Yes I hope they will contact you soon. I understand how you feel missing each other sucks. Can I ask if you used a lawyer? And you do live in Ontario correct? It seems that the people in Quebec go through a lot faster

No lawyer, my understanding is it doesn't make anything faster just more expensive. I found the paperwork easy enough to fill out. They are pretty straight forward.
The timing would just be nice to know, at least this way we could plan to make a trip to visit but this way you just stay in limbo. A friend of mine did the application for her husband from the Dominican too and he was here in 6-7 months. I guess it really does depend.
And yes, I am in Ontario.

bb416

Mar 7, 2018

No lawyer, my understanding is it doesn't make anything faster just more expensive. I found the paperwork easy enough to fill out. They are pretty straight forward.
The timing would just be nice to know, at least this way we could plan to make a trip to visit but this way you just stay in limbo. A friend of mine did the application for her husband from the Dominican too and he was here in 6-7 months. I guess it really does depend.
And yes, I am in Ontario.
Yes me too. I live in Toronto. We hired a lawyer just to make sure everything was done correctly. Does your friend live in the same city as you? And are your situations similar? I wonder why some people are approved faster than others.

Musicali

Apr 28, 2018
Yes my friend is in the same city. I think it was just timing. Theirs took a total of 8 months so it could be the same for us or not. No one knows. Like I said we are at 6 months since they received the application so it is def passing through the system. Our situations were similar, the only difference was she married earlier in her relationship & was pregnant at the time of application.
Even if our application takes the full year, I guess it is god we are half way there.

bb416

Mar 7, 2018
Yes my friend is in the same city. I think it was just timing. Theirs took a total of 8 months so it could be the same for us or not. No one knows. Like I said we are at 6 months since they received the application so it is def passing through the system. Our situations were similar, the only difference was she married earlier in her relationship & was pregnant at the time of application.
Even if our application takes the full year, I guess it is god we are half way there.
Yes exactly 6 months in that’s exciting knowing the end is near.
I’m pregnant right now as well I’m hoping that my husband will be approved faster because I don’t want to raise our baby alone.
I wish you guys the best of luck!!!

Musicali

Apr 28, 2018
From what the ppl above said, lawyers or pregnancy have no bearing on the speed but stay patient, that's what I am trying to do

Musicali

Apr 28, 2018
From what the ppl above said, lawyers or pregnancy have no bearing on the speed but stay patient, that's what I am trying to do

Reactions: msb

Scorpio90

Aug 2, 2018
What do you mean you checked his application via another portal???

We have had no updates on our website link since March, but through checking his application online via another portal we found out México office started processing his application April 19th. Still waiting, sadly. I haven't seen him in 8 months so we miss each other. They received our application Nov 29th 2017 so hopefully we will hear from them soon
you

Musicali

Apr 28, 2018
What do you mean you checked his application via another portal???
You can check via your online application but you can also go to the processing time page, right under where it says "normal processing time" there is a button that says, check app online. Sign in there and I found the details are different than your online application page.

you

Musicali

Apr 28, 2018
Go to the page where it gives you the normal processing time. Click underneath and you can sign in and see the status of application. Tells you more details than the standard online portal depending on where you are in the process .

LBDJ

Star Member
Nov 22, 2017
Markham, ON
Does anyone have a link or know how i can request for a copy of the notes from my husbands interview. He is from the Dominican Republic and i reside in Canada.