+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal open work permit

Abhigna1912

Apr 2, 2019
I applied for my wife on Sept 11 2019 her application was approved on Dec 9 2019... note she was in Canada already on Visitor Visa. Good Luck
Hello, I am also on visitor visa currently in Canada and planning to apply for SOWP. Can you please tell me if your wife had submitted upfront medicals. Also how did you apply? Online or paper based.

avijitmallick

Dec 3, 2019
My wife applied for her OWP on the 13th of December. She is currently on a Study permit and her study will finish in April 2020. She already applied for PR(family class, submitted 8th of October) and the OWP is based on that. Although we applied separately for PR and OWP by mail.
My worry is whether the processing for OWP will finish before her current study period. We applied early as we are planning to visit back home in July and she won't have any valid status then. Are they going to hold it or reject the application?
I would really appreciate your help and suggestion.

khushwant singh

Dec 23, 2019
No one can predict it's all depends upon visa verification officers. Some process very quickly some process very slowly.
For me i applied October 5th
I know some of them applied on 3rd, 7th October and till yet not receive any approval. Waiting is the only one option.
Did you apply inland or outland? You or anyone you know got visa or still waiting?

JyothiJakkana

Jun 13, 2019
I applied for my wife on Sept 11 2019 her application was approved on Dec 9 2019... note she was in Canada already on Visitor Visa. Good Luck
Hello!
I am an international student, came here for one year program and have applied for my husband open work permit and it was refused twice, can he come here on visitor visa now? Or should i reapply for open work permit for him again?
The reason for refusal both the times is i am not satisfied that you will leave country..
Can you advise me please and Thank you

gychemist

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Hello, I am also on visitor visa currently in Canada and planning to apply for SOWP. Can you please tell me if your wife had submitted upfront medicals. Also how did you apply? Online or paper based.
Yes, she provided an upfront medical.. because her appointment time was a very long wait... she submitted the application and after like 1 month she submitted proof via webform ... its saves lots of time.

Akash0065

Jan 15, 2020
my wife apply from canda my open work permit and i got medical request 3 days ago is it good sign or not..and yesterday i got one more mail from embassy side that have u any refusal from any country. i give usa study visa interview in 2018 and i told to embassy. now i in confusion that embessy why asked this question to me..i am to much woried

sujeetdahiya

Star Member
May 6, 2019
India
Hello!
I am an international student, came here for one year program and have applied for my husband open work permit and it was refused twice, can he come here on visitor visa now? Or should i reapply for open work permit for him again?
The reason for refusal both the times is i am not satisfied that you will leave country..
Can you advise me please and Thank you
Hi Jyoti ,

I would suggest that you should wait until your study don’t get over and till get work permit .Number of rejection makes the profile weak .
Secondly don’t be in hurry while putting application.
Message me if you need further help ,rest I can tell after seeing your application.

Thanks