+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal open work permit

sujeetdahiya

Star Member
May 6, 2019
India
Hello, I am also on visitor visa currently in Canada and planning to apply for SOWP. Can you please tell me if your wife had submitted upfront medicals. Also how did you apply? Online or paper based.
Hi Abhi,
It’s better to submit the medicals once they ask for it secondly paper based or online doesn’t make much difference.The thing which is more important is how precisely you prepare your file and application.

Message me for further assistance.

Thanks

Reactions: Akash0065

JyothiJakkana

Jun 13, 2019
Hi Jyoti ,

I would suggest that you should wait until your study don’t get over and till get work permit .Number of rejection makes the profile weak .
Secondly don’t be in hurry while putting application.
Message me if you need further help ,rest I can tell after seeing yr application.

Thanks[/QUOTE

Thank you sujeet ji!
I will

JyothiJakkana

Jun 13, 2019
Thank you sujeet ji!
I have only one year of study and visa till nov 2020. Can you tell me like, How long should i wait to reapply for SOWP again? I feel i haven't mentioned strong ties to home country in my second application. We just concentrated on why he wants to come to Canada. Actually, i want help on what exactly we need to explain or show to prove the strong bonds with home country that he would leave after valid permit. Can you help me by letting me know what possibilities do we have to reapply with strong documentation. Kindly request.

Choudhary2800

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Thank you sujeet ji!
I have only one year of study and visa till nov 2020. Can you tell me like, How long should i wait to reapply for SOWP again? I feel i haven't mentioned strong ties to home country in my second application. We just concentrated on why he wants to come to Canada. Actually, i want help on what exactly we need to explain or show to prove the strong bonds with home country that he would leave after valid permit. Can you help me by letting me know what possibilities do we have to reapply with strong documentation. Kindly request.
Hii, when you applied SOWP? In how many days you got response?

HDG

Jun 10, 2014
Hi Experts,
Need your help.
I am an international student in Canada since Sep 2019 for a two year course. I am planning to apply for my wife's OWP and my 12 year old kid on a study permit (from outside Canada)

Could you be able to help me what documents are required exactly. I am asking coz after I filled the details in come to Canada tool. It does not give any information of documents required other than Passport, photos and marriage certificate.

Please help. Look forward to hearing from you.

Anchal:

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Thank you sujeet ji!
How old is your marriage? Does your husband work in india or he has a business.

Anchal:

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
It's gonna be 1 year of marriage by this feb 2020. My husband is working in a private company in India.
Typically older marriages are easy for SOWP in eyes of Visa officers. But i would say that 1 year is also not new. If you are in Canada for sometime now and your study permit validity is still more than 1 year then you may stand a good chance for your husband SOWP.

JyothiJakkana

Jun 13, 2019
Typically older marriages are easy for SOWP in eyes of Visa officers. But i would say that 1 year is also not new. If you are in Canada for sometime now and your study permit validity is still more than 1 year then you may stand a good chance for your husband SOWP.
Thank you for the reply!
Actually i have 8 more months of my study permit. It's so stressful with no proper idea what to do next.

Anchal:

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Thank you for the reply!
Actually i have 8 more months of my study permit. It's so stressful with no proper idea what to do next.
You will have to thoughtfully prepare your file. I would recommend to apply for a tourist visa first for your husband. That's rather easy to get, once your husband reaches Canada then apply for his open work permit then the chances of rejection will be negligible. Though processing time for SOWP from Canada is longer than India but i believe given the scenerio, it is worth taking the risk.