+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal open work permit

JyothiJakkana

Jun 13, 2019
Hello everyone!
I have 8 more months of study permit and Co Op work permit , can i apply for my husband's sowp now? I am doing my Co Op placement which is my job too, I am working as a front line Healthcare worker now. Is this the right time to apply for SOWP now?

Note: I have already applied in 2019 twice and it got rejected.

JyothiJakkana

Jun 13, 2019
So i have applied for sowp on 19 july 2020 and got biometric request on same day. But as biometric centres are closed, i am not able to do it.. will they till process the application? Anyone else in the same boat?
Can you please tell me what documents you have attached with your application and is it the first time?

And for your question, the latest news update says no need of biometrics for the temporary resident visa applicants. I am not sure to whom it is applicable like is to the future applicants or for the old applicants too? Hope someone will reply you with reliable answer.

Aboodbomb

Jul 2, 2020
Hi guys,
I need some info, is it possible if i come to canada on study permit and during my masters program i apply for my wifes open work permit.
i have read that its difficult if you are on your study permit compared to when you are on your post graduate work permit, is this true?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone!
I have 8 more months of study permit and Co Op work permit , can i apply for my husband's sowp now? I am doing my Co Op placement which is my job too, I am working as a front line Healthcare worker now. Is this the right time to apply for SOWP now?

Note: I have already applied in 2019 twice and it got rejected.
No because you need 6 months left of your studies to be approved.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,
I need some info, is it possible if i come to canada on study permit and during my masters program i apply for my wifes open work permit.
i have read that its difficult if you are on your study permit compared to when you are on your post graduate work permit, is this true?
It is somewhat easier for masters and phd students although yiu need to prove that you have the extra finances. If you have an arranged marriage and apply right away those SOWP tend to be refused if there ism't much proof of an in person relationship. That is really to protect against immigration fraud.

grattan

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
So i have applied for sowp on 19 july 2020 and got biometric request on same day. But as biometric centres are closed, i am not able to do it.. will they till process the application? Anyone else in the same boat?
same here. i also applied my spouse owp on dated 19 jul and on 20 july i got biomatric letter. still application under process.

r u apply yourself or apply trough any consultant.

i think biomatric is system generated application they will process the application without this.

grattan

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Any update regarding spouse open work permit

Aman@92

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
Hi Experts,
Need your help.
I am an international student in Canada since Sep 2019 for a two year course. I am planning to apply for my wife's OWP and my 12 year old kid on a study permit (from outside Canada)

Could you be able to help me what documents are required exactly. I am asking coz after I filled the details in come to Canada tool. It does not give any information of documents required other than Passport, photos and marriage certificate.

Please help. Look forward to hearing from you.
Hii could u share ur timeline like how much gap b/ w study visa ??plz

Neerja.k

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
Hii could u share ur timeline like how much gap b/ w study visa ??plz
[/QUOTE
same here. i also applied my spouse owp on dated 19 jul and on 20 july i got biomatric letter. still application under process.

r u apply yourself or apply trough any consultant.

i think biomatric is system generated application they will process the application without this.
Any updates on your spouse’s work Permit?