Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
It is now a questions what place of birth you will be using on the application. The incorrect one or the actual that is not in the passport? So in the affidavit will you put the incorrect place of birth as well?

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
srkarthik said:
Will this help in anyway ?
Please suggest.
Yes I totally understand that providing incorrect information is very dangerous , hence hoping that if I can explain of not having birth certificate and then proceeding with this plan.
will it help any way ?
Appreciate your response.
If you understand that providing incorrect information is very dangerous you should also understand that misrepresentation is bad news indeed. You said your spouse has a birth certificate and that the place of birth in her passport is incorrect - right? So, now you are saying you intend to lie to CIC and say she doesn't have a birth certificate AND get a sworn affidavit from her father to say there isn't a birth certificate because her birth was not registered???

Does she have a birth certificate or not? If she doesn't, because her birth was not registered, then how can the passport have a different place of birth to the birth certificate? I'm getting confused :(

Consider this - CIC runs security and background checks on applicants. If her application states that her birth was not registered when it was, CIC will discover this. If there is a discrepancy between the place of birth on her birth registration and on her passport, CIC will look carefully at this as it will raise questions. If you get her father to attest to a false affidavit and CIC discovers this then not only could the application be denied but in years to come that affidavit could cause problems for her father should he ever wish to visit or to be sponsored for Canada. It's not worth lying to CIC. Even if PR is granted, should the misrepresentation come to light later PR can be revoked. It's a huge risk.

This all seems very convoluted when all you need to do is to get the error in the passport corrected.

The CanadaDream

Jun 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pune
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Hey all,
Thanks a lot for looking into this message and raising all the possibilities.
Yes, it will harm my processing if i send incorrect information.
I called up CIC, they suggest to have a cover letter explaining on the "non availability of birth certificate" for SPOUSE.... and provide all other documents.
Though I have the birth certificate, I am not going to send it to them.
Instead I am going to have a ...

AFFIDAVIT OF BIRTH FOR yyyy

Non Judicial stamp paper (Rs 50 or whatever is the smallest amount available)

I, XX, born on aabbcc, at XX, residing at XXX do hereby affirm that:

That I am the father of YYY (Spouse name)
That I have the direct personal knowledge of birth of my daughter YYY
That my daughter YYYY was born on ZZZ at WWWW, India.
That her name at the time of birth was YYYYY
That her mother’s name is RRRRRRR.

This affidavit is being provided because official record of birth of my daughter YYYYY is not available since her birth was not registered.

I declare that the foregoing information is correct.

____________________________________________ _________________
[XXXXX]

Sworn before me this (NOTARY signature)...

Please suggest.
Yes I totally understand that providing incorrect information is very dangerous , hence hoping that if I can explain of not having birth certificate and then proceeding with this plan.
will it help any way ?

Hey srkarthik, just wanted to know if this worked? I want to sponsor my husband but his birth certificate shows his real dob whereas all other docs school records, driving license, pan card, passport show a dob 2 months earlier to his real dob. Also when I mentioned him as non-accompanying spouse in my pr application, i had mentioned the sake dob which is as per his passport and not as per his birth certificate. Can this affidavit really help?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey srkarthik, just wanted to know if this worked? I want to sponsor my husband but his birth certificate shows his real dob whereas all other docs school records, driving license, pan card, passport show a dob 2 months earlier to his real dob. Also when I mentioned him as non-accompanying spouse in my pr application, i had mentioned the sake dob which is as per his passport and not as per his birth certificate. Can this affidavit really help?
This thread is from 2013.

Why did he never bother to actually correct his documents? He needs to correct his passport for the app and you will need to fully explain the age discrepancy.

Vee33

Sep 14, 2019
Hello guys,

my husband who is the PA did not have his birth cert issued at birth. he recently had a biometric certified one done. Is that enough to submit or should we add something else?

thanks

Sath2424

Nov 20, 2021
Hi, did you got approved without birth certificate?

Sath2424

Nov 20, 2021
Hey all,
Thanks a lot for looking into this message and raising all the possibilities.
Yes, it will harm my processing if i send incorrect information.
I called up CIC, they suggest to have a cover letter explaining on the "non availability of birth certificate" for SPOUSE.... and provide all other documents.
Though I have the birth certificate, I am not going to send it to them.
Instead I am going to have a ...

AFFIDAVIT OF BIRTH FOR yyyy

Non Judicial stamp paper (Rs 50 or whatever is the smallest amount available)

I, XX, born on aabbcc, at XX, residing at XXX do hereby affirm that:

That I am the father of YYY (Spouse name)
That I have the direct personal knowledge of birth of my daughter YYY
That my daughter YYYY was born on ZZZ at WWWW, India.
That her name at the time of birth was YYYYY
That her mother’s name is RRRRRRR.

This affidavit is being provided because official record of birth of my daughter YYYYY is not available since her birth was not registered.

I declare that the foregoing information is correct.

____________________________________________ _________________
[XXXXX]

Sworn before me this (NOTARY signature)...

Please suggest.
will it help any way ?
Hi, did you got approved without birth certificate?