+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

BullsBelle

Jun 5, 2013
ONTARIO
Visa Office......
Kingston
Same thing letter from ircc ...submit 26may 1 june they last day ...after that waiting ..silent...so did u know what about next ...? They send email ecopr or APPROVAL letter first kindly plz if u know after this what
Thanks
we have kids and we imagine that is the reason for the delay with our file... as they would need a passport request from a backed up international visa office

qweqwe

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
No..my file trnfr montreal office
Hi I'm Nov 2019 applicant. We got SA in Oct 2020 and nothing since then. My application was transferred to the Etobicoke office a few months ago and I got AIP a few days ago. But, it says:

If preliminary information indicates that you meet all statutory requirements, you will receive a
letter asking you to attend an interview at the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada
Centre in your area.
A final determination on your application for permanent residence will be
made at this interview. If you do not attend this interview, it could be interpreted as a lack of
interest in permanent residence and your application could be refused.

DId you get this part of message in your AIP as well?
*Does anyone know what this interview is for? When I messaged my local MP, she said once my application is approved, I will have a final determination interview, but I have no idea what final determination interview is...... Does anyone know about this interview? :(

Last edited:

qweqwe

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Hello friends, my file was sent in September 2019and transfer to etobicok on july

After that, my case was silent until the

1 march , which happened to many other friends.

In the first week of march, my case was processed, but through a irc representative, I noticed that my file had been sent to London, Ontario.

I got a call about two weeks ago from no Caller ID and they talked to me about my case for about 32 minutes, but after the conversation, the officer said that we would have a virtual interview with you and we would email you,

But unfortunately, so far there is no news from the email whether any of my friends are in my situation
Hi did you get AIP before the call?

Bankers Box

Apr 9, 2021
Hi I'm Nov 2019 applicant. We got SA in Oct 2020 and nothing since then. My application was transferred to the Etobicoke office a few months ago and I got AIP a few days ago. But, it says:

If preliminary information indicates that you meet all statutory requirements, you will receive a
letter asking you to attend an interview at the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada
Centre in your area.
made at this interview. If you do not attend this interview, it could be interpreted as a lack of

*Does anyone know what this interview is for? When I messaged my local MP, she said once my application is approved, I will have a final determination interview, but I have no idea what final determination interview is...... Does anyone know about this interview? :(
Does the letter include “It has been determined you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for PR as a member of the Spouse or Common Law partner in Canada class.” ?

qweqwe

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Then I believe that must be the landing interview to become PR. They had stopped in-person interviews since the start of covid but maybe they started this again now. So congratulations!!
Thank you so much for letting me know!!! Wow I thought this is something serious interview! Thank you!!

Yasha123

Aug 6, 2020

Centre in your area.

have you been asked for additional documents?