+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

lucia2020

Mar 3, 2021
I applied Dec 2019 and was transferred to Etobicoke Dec2020 and Etobicoke asked for the additional info last week Wednesday submitted it on the weekend .

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
He said in the letter to clear some of their concerns
When is your interview scheduled for? Please update us on how it went afterwards.

Just received email from IRCC requesting for interview anybody have an idea what it’s like ? Thanks
There is a thread with commonly asked interview questions. It’s from 2013 but I read that they still ask similar ones https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-interview-questions.157678/

Manprad

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
I call cic today and they have have extended my medical for a next year..they are still doing eligibility and background check. My file is in etobicoke also.
have you spoken to a live agent ? is there any different update they give us than the one we hear as an automated message?

Simmy200

Star Member
Nov 4, 2019
have you spoken to a live agent ? is there any different update they give us than the one we hear as an automated message?
Live agent I spoke with..so, hopefully soon I will hear something on my application now..its been from 2019 until now, so keeping fingers crossed and praying to get approval soon

Bankers Box

Apr 9, 2021
I call cic today and they have have extended my medical for a next year..they are still doing eligibility and background check. My file is in etobicoke also.
According to this website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2012/423-expired-may-24-2012.html
"This Operational Bulletin aims to standardize the reassessment of a medical file for the issuance of a new medical certificate to ensure alignment with the legislation while fulfilling departmental operational needs. This procedure is limited to situations where the final decision of an officer is pending due only to the expiration of a medical certificate. If anything else is pending, the officer should not use this procedure. "

Above in the quote, they clearly state that officer must have made a decision but can't apply to the system due to an expired medical exam. However, my medical exam expired in December 2019, then they first extended my medical until January 2021. Now, the info I received from my MP was they recently extended my medical again on March 19. The weird thing is since my application transferred to Etobicoke I have absolutely not heard anything from them, not a single communication received...

Simmy200

Star Member
Nov 4, 2019
According to this website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2012/423-expired-may-24-2012.html
"This Operational Bulletin aims to standardize the reassessment of a medical file for the issuance of a new medical certificate to ensure alignment with the legislation while fulfilling departmental operational needs. This procedure is limited to situations where the final decision of an officer is pending due only to the expiration of a medical certificate. If anything else is pending, the officer should not use this procedure. "

Above in the quote, they clearly state that officer must have made a decision but can't apply to the system due to an expired medical exam. However, my medical exam expired in December 2019, then they first extended my medical until January 2021. Now, the info I received from my MP was they recently extended my medical again on March 19. The weird thing is since my application transferred to Etobicoke I have absolutely not heard anything from them, not a single communication received...
So I guess getting an extension is a good luck then??