+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

Simmy200

Star Member
Nov 4, 2019
This is ridiculous, I pray they answer you soon because it’s not easy to be waiting this long.
That's a long wait...I applied in 2019 September and they transferred mine to etobicoke in September 2020 or October I think..its so stressful

Bankers Box

Apr 9, 2021
I just wanna know if it's a good thing when they extend your medical
I would say neither good nor bad thing and add, it is at the officer's discretion to process your application. I mean I am not an expert but reading other people's experiences and making research about the way they work that's how it seems. For example, just think about how they do not process first come first serve at any IRCC office or some overseas applicants get 2-3 times medical request. This kind of proves it is at the officer's discretion... However, the only good thing about the extension of a medical is you won't pay for another medical exam for now.

Reactions: Simmy200

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Could you kindly explain why it is a good thing? Thank you in advance.
You don't need to get another medical during the period of the extension.

It might also mean that they're gearing up for final decision and next steps (they don't extend it without a reason), but can't say for sure.

Reactions: Simmy200

Simmy200

Star Member
Nov 4, 2019
I would say neither good nor bad thing and add, it is at the officer's discretion to process your application. I mean I am not an expert but reading other people's experiences and making research about the way they work that's how it seems. For example, just think about how they do not process first come first serve at any IRCC office or some overseas applicants get 2-3 times medical request. This kind of proves it is at the officer's discretion... However, the only good thing about the extension of a medical is you won't pay for another medical exam for now.
Thank you.. well, that's true too..I don't have to redo it..but, I am hoping he or she makes a decision soon

Bankers Box

Apr 9, 2021
You don't need to get another medical during the period of the extension.

It might also mean that they're gearing up for final decision and next steps (they don't extend it without a reason), but can't say for sure.
Thank you again for the reply. So, exactly what I thought. Another quick answer will be appreciated. Back in June 2012, they allowed for a reassessment of a medical exam only if the officer's decision is pending due to an expired medical exam, does this no longer apply? ( this is the website I got this info from btw --> https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2012/423-expired-may-24-2012.html)