+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

RAMAN2633

Oct 6, 2016
Guys, there is a bad news,
I have received a letter from etobicoke after my submission yesterday that the officer is not convinced about the genuineness of my relationship.
He has asked for more proofs and has written if I won’t disabuse his concern, he would refuse the application.
I don’t know what else to provide him. I need your guidance.
please
I have a genuine marriage
I am very stressed from the morning I saw this letter. Please help me guys how to get out of this.
Did you submitted everything they asked in the letter?

Reactions: sharmgop

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Did you submitted everything they asked in the letter?
I gave everything to my lawyer and she is claiming that she had submitted whatever I gave her but when asked she denies to show me what she sent.
I have been put in trouble from my lawyer
That’s what my gut feeling is telling me
I don’t know what to do
I have 30 days to respond to his final letter or I’ll face refusal. I am devastated.
I don’t know what to do exactly
Nobody’s here to guide me.
I’m from Mississauga
Can anyone reach out to me guys?

Babayana

Mar 7, 2021
@sharmgop i don’t have better experience because am still waiting for my PR too but it would be better to tell people the documents you submitted so they can guide you from there.you need to try to calm your nerve so you can make good judgment before the deadline date and pray everything works fine.it’s not easy,I hope everything work out well for you.

lucia2020

Mar 3, 2021
You should remove your lawyer as your representative and submit all the documents they had asked you before again by yourself and ask friends and relatives to write you letters and have the letters notarized . Make sure that you explain everything that you are submitting to them. Wish you luck.

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
You should remove your lawyer as your representative and submit all the documents they had asked you before again by yourself and ask friends and relatives to write you letters and have the letters notarized . Make sure that you explain everything that you are submitting to them. Wish you luck.
That’s what I’m going to do
I’m going to prepare every single thing from the starting again and submit it
I have a question,
How do I get letters notarized?

lucia2020

Mar 3, 2021
The people that are writing the letters for you have to go to a notary public or lawyer to sign the letters for them . There is a feee for the process.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The people that are writing the letters for you have to go to a notary public or lawyer to sign the letters for them . There is a feee for the process.
I know some people think this is important but if these are letters in English or French original, from individuals or companies (and not official documents or from government), getting them notarized is mostly a waste of money and time.

It doesn't add much and no, it doesn't make it more reliable; all the notary's stamp / declaration does is say "Bob really did write this letter, I saw him sign it." The only time that's going to matter (outside of a formal court proceeding) is if the IRCC officer thinks all of the letters are completely fake and written by the applicant - in which case the applicant has bigger problems.

Have the individuals providing these letters include their contact information (email phone and address) on the letters and sign them. They probably won't be contacted but it should be sufficient to show that these are real people writing them.

Of course if someone really believes getting them notarized will help, fine, go ahead and spend the money and time.

Remember: letters alone will likely not be enough. Proof. If you are getting letters in support, ask them to keep them as short and factual as possible: specific dates, specific events, factual things; if they have pictures that support the factual claim, that can't hurt. (Keep in mind: one or two photos max per letter).

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
can you list out what you have submitted? then we can help you from there
I submitted joint bank transactions and a letter showing when the account was opened
Still officer is asking for copies of financial assistance received from my wife which can include email money transfers. I have some but those are way back in 2020 or 2019
I am gonna go to the bank and ask them.
Auto insurance showing me and my wife name together
Ontario id’s showing same address
Few latest pictures
He is asking pictures of wedding where he can see some relatives and family friends
I had a court marriage, only my two closest friends were present on that day with me. The only way is I can explain him that I didn’t have public gathering in my wedding that’s why I don’t have people in my pictures and also I don’t have connection with my in laws
They haven’t accepted me from the beginning me and my wife did not let them know that we got married
Officer demands to see pictures with family
I can’t present it due to this fact.
I gave life insurance copy of my wife in which I’m the beneficiary
I gave leases from 2 years (5 leased in total)
I gave close to 150 pages printed to my lawyer
And in much less time she forwarded the email notification of acceptance of additional information from Etobicoke which I think is not possible, she had to compress every other document in those pages and make it less than 5mb and send it which would take some time. As she was claiming that she would submit only few documents as she said to me that she has already provided much information in the past as well and there was no need to submit more than 15 documents.
At the time I gave her the documents, I told her to submit everything which she said yes to. Eventually, I received this letter that based on the information I had submitted, officer is not satisfied.

Egna7711

Star Member
Dec 23, 2020
I submitted joint bank transactions and a letter showing when the account was opened
Still officer is asking for copies of financial assistance received from my wife which can include email money transfers. I have some but those are way back in 2020 or 2019
I am gonna go to the bank and ask them.
Auto insurance showing me and my wife name together
Ontario id’s showing same address
Few latest pictures
He is asking pictures of wedding where he can see some relatives and family friends
I had a court marriage, only my two closest friends were present on that day with me. The only way is I can explain him that I didn’t have public gathering in my wedding that’s why I don’t have people in my pictures and also I don’t have connection with my in laws
They haven’t accepted me from the beginning me and my wife did not let them know that we got married
Officer demands to see pictures with family
I can’t present it due to this fact.
I gave life insurance copy of my wife in which I’m the beneficiary
I gave leases from 2 years (5 leased in total)
I gave close to 150 pages printed to my lawyer
And in much less time she forwarded the email notification of acceptance of additional information from Etobicoke which I think is not possible, she had to compress every other document in those pages and make it less than 5mb and send it which would take some time. As she was claiming that she would submit only few documents as she said to me that she has already provided much information in the past as well and there was no need to submit more than 15 documents.
At the time I gave her the documents, I told her to submit everything which she said yes to. Eventually, I received this letter that based on the information I had submitted, officer is not satisfied.
That is quite a lot of proof. I think you can reply to the etobicoke email with all your evidence and documents yourself. you dont need to have your lawyer to send it

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
That is quite a lot of proof. I think you can reply to the etobicoke email with all your evidence and documents yourself. you dont need to have your lawyer to send it
That’s what I’m going to do
I am gonna present every single thing again with all necessary explanations and reply to them.