+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

MohammadNoor

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
I tried emailing them too. They never reply. This whole spousal Sponsorship system is messed up. There must be something we could do as a group. Waiting years to approval is ridiculous! March 2020 applicants are already getting PRs.
Nothing we do just all of us have to wait

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
I tried emailing them too. They never reply. This whole spousal Sponsorship system is messed up. There must be something we could do as a group. Waiting years to approval is ridiculous! March 2020 applicants are already getting PRs.
I have not been working from September 2019 to present.
And my file went in December 2020 to Etobicoke,
Is there anyway, we can make a campaign and get everyone to complain about this?
or we can meet up at some place so we can complain???

Reactions: JohnCana123

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Even if IRCC wants to ignore us, we can still raise this issue by meeting up and complain physically or by any other possible way,
I don’t think they will ever start working on our files unless we complain in heavy numbers.
By the way, did anyone try reaching the office of prime minister? The details are given online and it’s written he highly values the opinions of Canadians.

MohammadNoor

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
Even if IRCC wants to ignore us, we can still raise this issue by meeting up and complain physically or by any other possible way,
I don’t think they will ever start working on our files unless we complain in heavy numbers.
By the way, did anyone try reaching the office of prime minister? The details are given online and it’s written he highly values the opinions of Canadians.
Even Prime Minister office will ask us to wait and they will say they are doing their Job bottom line is waiting because I know few applicants contacted Prime Minister office.

Reactions: sharmgop

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
I agree with sharmgop that we have to do something to bring this matter to IRCC's attention. Waiting 1-2 years after your application has been transferred with no word from IRCC is so unfair. Most of us already waited an entire year before our file was transferred, so they expect us to wait 3 years total for a final decision?

Feb2020

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
I’m ready to camp there till they listen to us. Get the news involved and all! March 2020 applications are getting DMs from the same countries as us. So background checks don’t take years to get.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys. I’ve applied spousal work permit on october 2, 2020 and on Jan7 i got a email of my file being transferred to etobicoke office. I have got nothing since then. Is this a matter of concern ? What should i expect ??
Once again, you are posting in the wrong section of the forum. You have applied for a Spousal Open Work Permit. This section of the forum is for family sponsorship applications for PR (e.g. spousal sponsorship). The discussions here do not apply to your situation. Once again, you need to post to the Foreign Workers section of the forum.

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
I agree. We should protest in front of the building. I am waiting since November 2018. Can't leave the country, missed so many things with family back home, my psychological health is messed up. Can't plan anything in my life properly because of this.
That’s a long wait.. Hats off to your patience
I have also missed many things back home. I have not gone back in 7 years.
Can we get all of us to plan to meet there and somehow approach the media so we get their attention. Media can highlight our issue...
Any more ideas guys??

Last edited:

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Has Etobicoke office just stopped processing files or what’s going on? When was the last time someone got an update from Etobicoke office? I just don’t get how the office can be open and multiple people are waiting on an update since 2018. What do they focus most of their time on at that office bc it can’t be us

Reactions: sharmgop