+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
We just got our GCMS notes. The officer wrote that they are satisfied that our relationship is genuine based on the documentation we submitted.

They are waiting to receive additional documents from the RCMP to confirm that my partner is not criminally inadmissible. He was criminally charged a few years ago but those charges were withdrawn by the Crown and he has no convictions. We submitted RCMP police report indicating this but I guess they need to do their own internal review. The notes still say an interview is warranted though so I’m not sure what that means. I hope we don’t have to wait an additional year or so when we already provided the documentation.

So many people on this forum say that your file only gets transferred to Etobicoke if they are worried that your relationship is not genuine and this gave me so much anxiety considering all the proof we submitted. But it appears the files get transferred for other reasons as well.

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
We just got our GCMS notes. The officer wrote that they are satisfied that our relationship is genuine based on the documentation we submitted.

They are waiting to receive additional documents from the RCMP to confirm that my partner is not criminally inadmissible. He was criminally charged a few years ago but those charges were withdrawn by the Crown and he has no convictions. We submitted RCMP police report indicating this but I guess they need to do their own internal review. The notes still say an interview is warranted though so I’m not sure what that means. I hope we don’t have to wait an additional year or so when we already provided the documentation.

So many people on this forum say that your file only gets transferred to Etobicoke if they are worried that your relationship is not genuine and this gave me so much anxiety considering all the proof we submitted. But it appears the files get transferred for other reasons as well.
Do you know how one can order gcms notes?

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Reactions: sharmgop

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
We did it through the link below. We made a request through the Access to Information Act and ordered the "electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer. There may be a thread with a more detailed explanation but the website is pretty straightforward.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html
Thanks for the info
I have ordered my notes and also my file went to this office on December 10th 2020
I’ll wait 2 months more and then I’ll give call in all of their offices, I have seen that this is an ongoing issue for this office from 2010

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
What is the full meaning of GCMS?
GCMS (Global Case Management System) is a software system used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to process immigration and citizenship applications. You can see a sample at sample.gcmsnotes.com

BullsBelle

Jun 5, 2013
ONTARIO
Visa Office......
Kingston
I just called the office of the minister of immigration in order to express my concern regarding the extended wait times at the Etobicoke office and ask if there’s anything that can be done. The person that answered the phone brushed me off, he said if people have been waiting for two years then with covid it could be three and then he laughed. I informed him that the long wait times have been a problem prior to covid and it’s negatively affecting families and asked there’s anything that can be done, he said that most of the time they are waiting on information from the applicant’s country. That is simply not true. This is the Minister’s number 613-954-1064. I suggest as many people that would like to see change call them. We need our voices to be heard. Not sure it will make a difference but I feel once your file is transferred to Etobicoke you are forgotten bc they think that there’s a possibility that your relationship is not genuine. That is unfair.
I called an they told me to call IRCC call center...

SIOK

Mar 30, 2020
Toronto
Anyone's file transferred to etobicoke for further assessment recently in 2021?
What is the approximate processing time for previous years files?

SIOK

Mar 30, 2020
Toronto

When did your file transfer to etobicoke?

Reactions: sharmgop