+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
I am also out of status and my file was transferred to Etobicoke on Dec 3, 2020. How long have you been out of status for? do you have any other red flags other than no status? Thanks
Yes. My partner was out of status for 6 months when we applied. He started a sponsorship application with his ex wife in 2016 but they withdrew it bc of relationship problems. We think that may be a cause for concern but not sure since it was 3 years before we applied.

We gave so much proof, joint back account, I have him on my work place insurance, phone bills with same address, letter from landlord(we didn’t sign a lease), letters from friends and family vouching for relationship, formal letters addressed to us individually but with the same address like from the bank and the government and so many pictures. We ordered GCMS notes and have been waiting with no luck so right now we don’t know what the problem with our application is.

Our relationship is genuine and we don’t mind providing more documents or even doing an interview. It’s just so hard to have to keep on waiting and you have no clue what’s going on with your file. And when your out of status you feel stuck. He can’t visit family or work. And the thought of waiting another year or two for a decision is very scary and depressing.

Sorry for the rant. What’s about you? How long where you out of status before applying and did you have any red flags?

Egna7711

Star Member
Dec 23, 2020
Yes. My partner was out of status for 6 months when we applied. He started a sponsorship application with his ex wife in 2016 but they withdrew it bc of relationship problems. We think that may be a cause for concern but not sure since it was 3 years before we applied.

We gave so much proof, joint back account, I have him on my work place insurance, phone bills with same address, letter from landlord(we didn’t sign a lease), letters from friends and family vouching for relationship, formal letters addressed to us individually but with the same address like from the bank and the government and so many pictures. We ordered GCMS notes and have been waiting with no luck so right now we don’t know what the problem with our application is.

Our relationship is genuine and we don’t mind providing more documents or even doing an interview. It’s just so hard to have to keep on waiting and you have no clue what’s going on with your file. And when your out of status you feel stuck. He can’t visit family or work. And the thought of waiting another year or two for a decision is very scary and depressing.

Sorry for the rant. What’s about you? How long where you out of status before applying and did you have any red flags?
i think the complexity behind our cases definitely caused the transfer. I have been out of status for 5 years, but never applied for refugee or involved with CBSA. As long as your relationship is genuine and has strong proof, you should be fine I guess, just need to patiently wait for a couple more months. Good luck to both of us !

PreferredRobot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Manitoba

Is his passport still valid?
My partners and daughter’s passports expired (can’t renew as it’s held by the government of Canada as they were refugees) & are out of status. I think that’s why our file was transferred to Etobicoke.

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Is his passport still valid?
My partners and daughter’s passports expired (can’t renew as it’s held by the government of Canada as they were refugees) & are out of status. I think that’s why our file was transferred to Etobicoke.
Yes his passport is still valid. Is the refugee mater still ongoing or was that claim denied? I hope we all hear good news soon.

PreferredRobot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Manitoba
I think it might be good if everyone sends an email to the minister to know why this office is so slow. any ideas are appreciated.
Why don’t they hire 100 people .. people are dying for jobs .. it’s been slow for decades now.. I’ve been reading people complaining since 2010 and before

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Why don’t they hire 100 people .. people are dying for jobs .. it’s been slow for decades now.. I’ve been reading people complaining since 2010 and before
Mainly it's because processing fees only cover a small percentage of the costs to process applications. The rest is covered by tax payers. Budgets are made available to the public and if a party all of a sudden significantly increases spending on immigration (vs. education or health care or something like that), this may not go over well at election time.

seetom

Mar 4, 2020
did anyone whose application got transferred to etobicoke got the request for medical/passed the medical stage or was the transfer made before biometrics/medicals request?

Manprad

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
did anyone whose application got transferred to etobicoke got the request for medical/passed the medical stage or was the transfer made before biometrics/medicals request?
i got medical request after 5 months of application , I passed medical and also received SA Approval and in 3 days my file was transferred to Etobicoke.
Now its been 14 months it sitting in Etobicoke without any updates.