+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

Feb2020

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
my case was transferred in April 2021, which was later than u. The reason it was stuck is the kid in back home refused to take the medical check. our lawyer explained twice and request to waive the medical request. after the 2nd explanation was submitted, our case was transferred. right now, the good sign is the case is in process again, and our waive application is granted. our new concern is, we didn't submit any police check as our lawyer said no need to submit at the beginning until they request that. i concern if they request any back home police check it will take a longer time and they may forget my case again. does anyone have such experience how long it will take for this period before we get copr? thanks
We submitted the police check with our application from overseas .. try to get it from now so if they ask for it you’d submitted right away

Reactions: silvetstone

silvetstone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
We submitted the police check with our application from overseas .. try to get it from now so if they ask for it you’d submitted right away
sorry I checked my record and found our overseas police check was submitted at the beginning. just not for a domestic one. right now I don't think we have anything to submit, just wait for DM. and since we got our wavie approved letter a week ago, I don't see any additional document request yet, which might be a good sign, they don't need any, just waiting for DM

silvetstone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
I think you will get DM earlier than me. as your case was transferred to local two months earlier than we. even I don't know when the status was changed into in process, but I got their response in Nov 5. also two months after yours

silvetstone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
AIP last month
Police certificate request last week will submit it soon
so AIP is not same as SA, I just got SA last year Oct, and then transferred to local. in summer time, I was told two things need to be done, and right now I finished those two. so anxious in waiting!

Rositabela

Star Member
May 7, 2021
so AIP is not same as SA, I just got SA last year Oct, and then transferred to local. in summer time, I was told two things need to be done, and right now I finished those two. so anxious in waiting!
This is how I understood your writings

You got your Aip after your representative sent more document to ircc withot request from them and after aip what’s happening to you could you plz share hier
Thank you
You reprentative is very expert and clever in my idea

Reactions: silvetstone

silvetstone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015

You got your Aip after your representative sent more document to ircc withot request from them and after aip what’s happening to you could you plz share hier
Thank you
I got instruction from IRCC (through my lawyer) requesting a copy of my passport. but I submitted it already in April. does that mean my case is closing to end?

silvetstone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015

Thank you
My case was submitted in Nov 2019, after one year in Oct.2020, we got the SA (sponsor approval) letter. at the same time, we were requested passport info. because of covid, we got our passport in April 2021. also during this time, we applied for a medical request waive for one kid. we found our case was transferred to local VO in March and staying there till recent update.
in early Nov, we were told the waive application has been granted, and today they r asking the passport again (as we already submitted in April. does anyone know when the DM or CoPR will come? bless!

silvetstone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
hey all, i contacted my MP and got a response in below"
An IRCC agent confirmed that the eligibility passed on October 7, 2020, and the security and criminality passed November 5, 2021. A photocopy of the valid passport is on file.
There were no further updates at this time. We will have to wait for direct correspondence from the IRCC regarding next steps"