+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship through Bogota 2015-2016

Josh2857

Jun 9, 2016
MarCar2015 said:
Happy Sunday guys!

Got big news! To recap... My hubby received passport request on Aug. 8, the embassy received them Aug 12. They did not request pre-paid envelope, but up-to-date address and phone number. Yesterday Aug. 20, my hubby comes from work and about five minutes later, door bell rings and it is the passports with entry visa and the whole application package minus chat printouts... Looking at the entry visa date, it was issued on Aug. 17... With out any doubt we are over the moon!!! ;D ;D ;D He will be here at the end of September... for his b-day and thanksgiving celebrations! Double YAY!!!

Hang in there guys, I know it feels like eternity, but once you get the final say... Everything will be worth it!

God Bless!

That's awesome we had the same thing happen to us. My wife will be here in Canada in the coming weeks . If there's any tips on the landing process please let me know thanks again everyone for the help. All so I hope and pray that every one else who has to go thru this struggle ends up with positive results like my self. God bless

Beeo08

Star Member
Mar 30, 2016
Congrats to all! seems like things are moving along.

We mailed in the application and it arrived on June 22nd. I just got an email last week on August 15th saying that I got my sponsorship approval and that the application was now being sent to the Bogota office to start working on my wife's app.

So in total that was about 54 days from when I sent it to when I got sponsorship approval. So I guess we'll probably receive another email soon saying that the Bogota Office is starting to work on the PR application.

Hoping everyone goes quickly. Need to get going on some criminal record checks now as my wife lived in Mexico for a bit and I've heard that they can take 2-3 months to get.

Actually, my wife is going to be arriving in Canada next Monday as she had her tourist visa before we even applied for the spousal visa. So the idea is that she will start living here in Canada but on her tourist visa, so she won't be able to work yet. But I just got a new apartment and we will get to live together already even though the application is still in process. I'm hoping the application process moves quickly. I know it takes over 12 months for some people but I've seen a bunch of cases from Bogota where it takes much quicker, so I'm hoping we fall on that side! Or else she'll have to leave and come back again at some point which wouldn't be the end of the world.

Anyways, long message but that's what's going on here!

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarCar2015 said:
Happy Sunday guys!

Got big news! To recap... My hubby received passport request on Aug. 8, the embassy received them Aug 12. They did not request pre-paid envelope, but up-to-date address and phone number. Yesterday Aug. 20, my hubby comes from work and about five minutes later, door bell rings and it is the passports with entry visa and the whole application package minus chat printouts... Looking at the entry visa date, it was issued on Aug. 17... With out any doubt we are over the moon!!! ;D ;D ;D He will be here at the end of September... for his b-day and thanksgiving celebrations! Double YAY!!!

Hang in there guys, I know it feels like eternity, but once you get the final say... Everything will be worth it!

God Bless!

I am so happy for you Marcar. Very exciting news. What is the expiry date on his visa? I am asking because I want to know more or less how much they give you to land once your visa is issued.

MarCar2015

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Thank you Josh... Unfortunatelly I do not have any tips about landing... I will though let everyone know how it will go with my hubby!

Cheers!

MarCar2015

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Beeo08 said:
Congrats to all! seems like things are moving along.

We mailed in the application and it arrived on June 22nd. I just got an email last week on August 15th saying that I got my sponsorship approval and that the application was now being sent to the Bogota office to start working on my wife's app.

So in total that was about 54 days from when I sent it to when I got sponsorship approval. So I guess we'll probably receive another email soon saying that the Bogota Office is starting to work on the PR application.

Hoping everyone goes quickly. Need to get going on some criminal record checks now as my wife lived in Mexico for a bit and I've heard that they can take 2-3 months to get.

Actually, my wife is going to be arriving in Canada next Monday as she had her tourist visa before we even applied for the spousal visa. So the idea is that she will start living here in Canada but on her tourist visa, so she won't be able to work yet. But I just got a new apartment and we will get to live together already even though the application is still in process. I'm hoping the application process moves quickly. I know it takes over 12 months for some people but I've seen a bunch of cases from Bogota where it takes much quicker, so I'm hoping we fall on that side! Or else she'll have to leave and come back again at some point which wouldn't be the end of the world.

Anyways, long message but that's what's going on here!
Hi Bee008! For me it took aroun 12.5 months cause we forgot to add a few documents! and document requests add time to the time line! Also BGC adds to the timeline depending on where the PA has lived. Wish you a speedy application process! :D

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
MarCar2015 said:
Thank you Josh... Unfortunatelly I do not have any tips about landing... I will though let everyone know how it will go with my hubby!

Cheers!
MarCar, Josh and anyone who already received their passports back, what expiration date does your spouse's passport say?

MarCar2015

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Thank you Liiaa~ The visa expires Oct 8 witch is to the year of his medicals because we waited for medical request! :) Cheers!

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
So I just received an email asking for passport and medical examination, I have a huge question though, it says:

Dear Madam:

This refers to your application for Permanent Residence in Canada.

Please note: Documents in languages other than English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation in English or French.

Please submit:

- The original passport for yourself.

- Medical examination (The instructions were sent by e-mail to the registered e-mail address on your application)

- Four (4) photographs of you: 50mm x 70mm and white background. Please identify one photo (1) by writing the subject’s name and date of birth in the back of the photograph. The other photos should not have any writing on the back. For more information please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

I didn't receive any email about the instructions of the medical exams, I don't know what to do

Josh2857

Jun 9, 2016
JJ628 said:
MarCar, Josh and anyone who already received their passports back, what expiration date does your spouse's passport say?
The expiration on my wife's visa is Oct 13 the time of the medical exam was done.

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Is it normal that ECAS doesn't update after I got my passport request?

Josh2857

Jun 9, 2016
JJ628 said:
Is it normal that ECAS doesn't update after I got my passport request?
Yes mine has still yet to be updated. Even though I have my visa and all is left is to land in Canada.

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone. I received an e-mail today from Bogota requesting an updated medical exam since mine has expiredand the RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENT FEE which we already paid back in February, but I guess its not on file. Does this mean I am closer to getting PPR once I submit the new medical exam?

jaiandcor

Jul 27, 2016
Yes!! you are close to get PPR medical is usually the last stage they verify (along with payments) before requesting passports. Good Luck !!!!

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Liiaa said:
Hi everyone. I received an e-mail today from Bogota requesting an updated medical exam since mine has expiredand the RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENT FEE which we already paid back in February, but I guess its not on file. Does this mean I am closer to getting PPR once I submit the new medical exam?
Liiaa if they are asking for Right of permanent resident fee is because you're almost there!! Just one step closer!

Josh2857

Jun 9, 2016
Liiaa said:
Your all most there best of wishes and luck.