File Transfer...
17-03-2016
Congratulations jj I am so happy for you

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJ628 said:
Liiaa if they are asking for Right of permanent resident fee is because you're almost there!! Just one step closer!
jaiandcor said:
Yes!! you are close to get PPR medical is usually the last stage they verify (along with payments) before requesting passports. Good Luck !!!!
Josh2857 said:
Your all most there best of wishes and luck.
im very happy to hear this. Hopefully I will get ppr soon. Best of luck to everyone. Will keep you posted.

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
humblee said:
Congratulations jj I am so happy for you
Thank you Humblee! Have you heard any news about your case?

Skii

Jun 27, 2016
Hello Everyone!

My husband, myself and our daughter are now in Canada. My husband completed his landing on August 21 and I thought I would let you know how it went!

Once we landed (Toronto Pearson International Airport Terminal 1) we walked to customs. We handed the officer our passports and they were stamped. He was very nice. We were not asked any questions but were told to continue to the immigration section of the airport. We walked in and there was no line (flight landed around 9:30pm). We were called up immediately and the woman took my Husband's passport and CoPR. She asked whether we were married and we said yes. She asked how much money we were carrying on us and we answered. She filled out some information about where to send the PR Card and had my husband sign some papers. We were in and out in 15 mins I think. She did not ask us for a list of goods or a B4 form. We are unsure why that was not requested. She did not ask us whether we had goods to follow either. I had all the paperwork ready to go just in case. After that we picked up our bags and left for our new home! It was quick and painless (which was great after 12 hours of travel with an infant).

I wish everyone good luck with their PPRs and future landings! It is a relief to finally be in Canada. We are very happy to have made this decision and hope you all enjoy Canada.

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Skii said:
Hello Everyone!

My husband, myself and our daughter are now in Canada. My husband completed his landing on August 21 and I thought I would let you know how it went!

Once we landed (Toronto Pearson International Airport Terminal 1) we walked to customs. We handed the officer our passports and they were stamped. He was very nice. We were not asked any questions but were told to continue to the immigration section of the airport. We walked in and there was no line (flight landed around 9:30pm). We were called up immediately and the woman took my Husband's passport and CoPR. She asked whether we were married and we said yes. She asked how much money we were carrying on us and we answered. She filled out some information about where to send the PR Card and had my husband sign some papers. We were in and out in 15 mins I think. She did not ask us for a list of goods or a B4 form. We are unsure why that was not requested. She did not ask us whether we had goods to follow either. I had all the paperwork ready to go just in case. After that we picked up our bags and left for our new home! It was quick and painless (which was great after 12 hours of travel with an infant).

I wish everyone good luck with their PPRs and future landings! It is a relief to finally be in Canada. We are very happy to have made this decision and hope you all enjoy Canada.
Skii congrats! Glad you and your family are in Canada already and that landing was easy for you. I wanted to ask, did your husband apply for his SIN number while at the Toronto Airport?
I'm asking because whenever I do the landing I believe will have at least 6 hours of layover.
Best wishes for you and your family!

Soto2116

Sep 7, 2016
Hello Everybody,

I have been following this thread since it began, I have been reading all the accomplishments that most of you have had (which gives many of us hope).
I would like to share, as well, my experience and timeline with everyone.
I am Canadian and my wife is from Colombia, we got married last year and we applied for our sponsorship this year.

Sponsorship
We received your application to sponsor my wife on May 2, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 19, 2016.
We started processing your application on May 18, 2016.
Today the status changed from "In Process" to "Desicion Made"

Permanent Residence
We received my wife's application for permanent residence on May 2, 2016.
We started processing my wife's application on June 27, 2016.
We have been requested to submit medical, police check and 4 new passport pictures on August 8, 2016
Medical results, Police check and 4 new passport pictures have been received on August 29, 2016.

Zanamomikham

Sep 7, 2016
hi, Soto,we have the same timeline my application was received on may/11th and its currently in bogota VO they asked me for second AOR medical and background check and some photos but haven't heard anything back since then .its nice to have someone else with the same timeline i let you know if i hear anything back.i figured bogota VO is till one of the slowest and it is painful how long we have to wait.some vo offices approve applications in like 3 months.
We received your application for permanent residence on May 11, 2016.
We started processing your application on July 27, 2016.
Medical results have been received.

Soto2116

Sep 7, 2016
Zanamomikham said:
hi, Soto,we have the same timeline my application was received on may/11th and its currently in bogota VO they asked me for second AOR medical and background check and some photos but haven't heard anything back since then .its nice to have someone else with the same timeline i let you know if i hear anything back.i figured bogota VO is till one of the slowest and it is painful how long we have to wait.some vo offices approve applications in like 3 months.
We received your application for permanent residence on May 11, 2016.
We started processing your application on July 27, 2016.
Medical results have been received.
That's great Zanamomikham, I am still very curious as the "Desicion Made" part on the sponsor application and still nothing has changed on the PR application. Hoping that next week we receive some information on that "Desicion Made", I will update as soon as I receive something.
Regarding the wait... I believe it hasn't been that bad, yes there are couples that have been approved quite quickly but for what I have read... there has been many more that have waited much longer.
I just wish everyone gets their PPR and Visa soon!!

Zanamomikham

Sep 7, 2016
Soto2116 said:
That's great Zanamomikham, I am still very curious as the "Desicion Made" part on the sponsor application and still nothing has changed on the PR application. Hoping that next week we receive some information on that "Desicion Made", I will update as soon as I receive something.
Regarding the wait... I believe it hasn't been that bad, yes there are couples that have been approved quite quickly but for what I have read... there has been many more that have waited much longer.
I just wish everyone gets their PPR and Visa soon!!
best of luck to you guys,i hope you guys get together soon .and please let us all know the good news.

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
To MarCar, Josh, Ski, Hillcat or anyone that has an answer,
I sen my passport with the medical exams and pictures they requested on Saturday, I was wondering if anyone knew how many days it takes for them to ask pick up the passport?
I want to take advantage that my best friend is in Bogota for a month so she can pick it up.

jorlandoj82

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Hey Soto and Zana,
So happy to hear that there are others with the same time line. As of July 26 2016, application was sent to Bogotá. Right after that they asked for passport background check receipt and escritura de matrimonio. We sent those in almost immediately and they were received August 12. Now it's a waiting game I guess. Happy to know the 3 of us are in the same boat. I wish you both a quick decision. Good luck to us all.

Zanamomikham

Sep 7, 2016
hi to everyone,
today is one of the happiest days of my life !! ;D i received a email this morning for my PPR!!! i was in a state of shock for an hour and i couldn't believe it in fact i still cant believe it tho its real !!its been brutal all this time to wait for my wife to get here and finally we are getting together soon .here is the email i received today so you guys can familiar yourself with it i read it like 20 times before i tell my wife the news lol :eek:

i am hoping everyone here will be united with their loved one soon cause i know how painful it is to wait and not knowing what to expect :( !i hope the government would facilitate the immigration process for genuine couples . i like to thank the Bogota office staff and the visa officers in case anyone reads and follows here !! THANK YOU :-*

Dear Madam:

This refers to your application for Permanent Residence in Canada.

In order to continue the processing of your application, you are required to submit the following documents within 15 days.

Please note: Documents in languages other than English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation in English or French.

Please submit:
- The original passport for yourself.

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Zanamomikham said:
hi to everyone,
today is one of the happiest days of my life !! ;D i received a email this morning for my PPR!!! i was in a state of shock for an hour and i couldn't believe it in fact i still cant believe it tho its real !!its been brutal all this time to wait for my wife to get here and finally we are getting together soon .here is the email i received today so you guys can familiar yourself with it i read it like 20 times before i tell my wife the news lol :eek:

i am hoping everyone here will be united with their loved one soon cause i know how painful it is to wait and not knowing what to expect :( !i hope the government would facilitate the immigration process for genuine couples . i like to thank the Bogota office staff and the visa officers in case anyone reads and follows here !! THANK YOU :-*

Dear Madam:

This refers to your application for Permanent Residence in Canada.

In order to continue the processing of your application, you are required to submit the following documents within 15 days.

Please note: Documents in languages other than English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation in English or French.

Please submit:
- The original passport for yourself.
CONGRATULATIONS Zanamomikham!!! That was quite fast!
I hope the rest of you that are still waiting for PPR receive good news soon!

jorlandoj82

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Zanamomikham. I am so happy for you. Congratulation. You guys must be jumping off the wall. That gives me so much hope. I don't wanna get my hopes up but it seems like Bogotá is moving on the applications quicker than ever. Keep us posted on everything.