+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship through Bogota 2015-2016

hillcat

May 24, 2016
We are very excited my wife finally got her PPR TODAY!!!!

It took from start to finish 8 months in total. So i guess that is fast but still felt very long wait.

I want to tell everyone to hold on the passport request are coming and your day will come! Patience is the key even thought its not easy you need to believe.

I wish everyone the best of luck and wish that you will enjoy soon our beautiful country.

Cheers!

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
OMG!!! Congrats Hillcat!!!!! So many good news this week!!!

MarCar you are right, finally Bogota VO is moving with all our cases!!!

Liiaa, I hope you send the documents as soon as you can so your application doesn't delay any longer!

Josh, maybe MarCar and Hillcat can help you with your question. Another option is like Catherine did, she sent a relative who lives in Bogota for the passport.

Humblee, get ready....seeing how things are going...we could be next!

So happy for all of you receiving good news!! It keeps us who are still waiting motivated and puts our hopes up!!! Can't wait for the rest of us to finally reunite with our spouses.

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarCar2015 said:
Well, that sucks Liiaa! Thank goodness you got more time! Do not be afraid to follow up! I asked my husband to send an e-mail every month! i do not if it help but I leas we kenw they would have to reply. :D

Seems VO Bogota is moving! :D
Yes, seems Bogota is picking up their speed and moving quite well. I am hoping to have news by the end of this month or at least early september. How is your case going Marcar?

Skii

Jun 27, 2016
JJ628 said:
Josh congratulations!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you got your PPR!!! Your news is sort of making me freak out!!
You have to send your passport with a return envelope if you're not living in Bogota, if you are you can send it and go pick it up.
Best of luck in everything, please keep us posted!
Using my phone so I couldn't quote the original message BUT here is what my husband did. We are sending his passport from Ecuador to Bogota through DHL. DHL does not send prepaid envelopes with your passport. What they do is after Bogota tells you that your passport is ready you go to DHL and let them know that there is a passport to be picked up at the embassy. You pay for them to pick it up and decide whether you want it delivered to your home or if you want to pick it up at their main office. We are waiting for our passport to be processed but hopefully we'll have it soon.

MarCar2015

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Liiaa said:
Yes, seems Bogota is picking up their speed and moving quite well. I am hoping to have news by the end of this month or at least early september. How is your case going Marcar?
Hi Liiaa! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

We got PPR on Aug. 8, ;D.. and my husband is going to send the passport and photos today. We did not include pre-paid envelop since it was not requested by the embassy. They just requested an up-to-date address where they can mail back the passports. I will keep you all posted!

God Bless!

Josh2857

Jun 9, 2016
Skii said:
Using my phone so I couldn't quote the original message BUT here is what my husband did. We are sending his passport from Ecuador to Bogota through DHL. DHL does not send prepaid envelopes with your passport. What they do is after Bogota tells you that your passport is ready you go to DHL and let them know that there is a passport to be picked up at the embassy. You pay for them to pick it up and decide whether you want it delivered to your home or if you want to pick it up at their main office. We are waiting for our passport to be processed but hopefully we'll have it soon.

Thanks so much for this useful information. Best of luck for you and your family.

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarCar2015 said:
Hi Liiaa! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

We got PPR on Aug. 8, ;D.. and my husband is going to send the passport and photos today. We did not include pre-paid envelop since it was not requested by the embassy. They just requested an up-to-date address where they can mail back the passports. I will keep you all posted!

God Bless!
That's exciting. So happy for you. I hope to have some news soon since I sent the docs they requested since June which I had no idea about.

jaiandcor

Jul 27, 2016
My wife just got her ECAS updated to medicals received does any one have an idea on how long would it be before they request passports??

thanks

humblee

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
bogota
Category........
Visa Office......
bogota colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
17-03-2016
Congratulations to everyone who got ppr. I don't understand why my ECAS is not updated is not showing "medicals received" like everybody else. Does anyone have the same problem or is just me by the way I send my medical exams on may.

hillcat

May 24, 2016
Hey Guys,

Just to let you know that even thought your ECAS are not getting updated that those not mean nothing really we got are PPR and the site never updated. Every case is different and really we can only speculate times...thats what keeps us going but really patience is your friend and all of this is a waiting game.. you can try to understand this game but unless your a Immigration officer working behind a desk at a VO office you wont understand it.

Cheers!

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Josh2857 said:
Thanks so much for this useful information. Best of luck for you and your family.
Josh did you figure out how to pick up the passport?

MarCar2015

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Hello guys! Just and update... My husband sent passports and photos last week... as i posted before, we did not include prepaid envelope since it was not required... Now we are just waiting for the visa.

Also I want to share this link although you probably already know about it.

http://www.oim.org.co/inicio/55-proogramas/servicios-para-la-gestion-migratoria/1875-descuentos-en-tiquetes-aereos.html

I seems they have good price for tickets!

Hopefully it helps!

And good luck to us!

;D

Josh2857

Jun 9, 2016
JJ628 said:
Josh did you figure out how to pick up the passport?
I sent the passport off to them with DHL. When its done they will tell me. Then i will send DHL to pick it up and send it to what ever DHL office i wish. Hope this helps.

MarCar2015

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
MarCar2015 said:
Hello guys!!!!!! Congratulations to those who got the ppr... and for those who have not yet, I will keep you in my prayers so you can get it soon!

Also I have awesome news! My hubby got his PPR today! two months before his medicals expire! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! ;D :p :eek:

It took 12 and half months! ;D

hang in there my peeps!

XOXOXOXOX
Happy Sunday guys!

Got big news! To recap... My hubby received passport request on Aug. 8, the embassy received them Aug 12. They did not request pre-paid envelope, but up-to-date address and phone number. Yesterday Aug. 20, my hubby comes from work and about five minutes later, door bell rings and it is the passports with entry visa and the whole application package minus chat printouts... Looking at the entry visa date, it was issued on Aug. 17... With out any doubt we are over the moon!!! ;D ;D ;D He will be here at the end of September... for his b-day and thanksgiving celebrations! Double YAY!!!

Hang in there guys, I know it feels like eternity, but once you get the final say... Everything will be worth it!

God Bless!

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
MarCar2015 said:
Happy Sunday guys!

Got big news! To recap... My hubby received passport request on Aug. 8, the embassy received them Aug 12. They did not request pre-paid envelope, but up-to-date address and phone number. Yesterday Aug. 20, my hubby comes from work and about five minutes later, door bell rings and it is the passports with entry visa and the whole application package minus chat printouts... Looking at the entry visa date, it was issued on Aug. 17... With out any doubt we are over the moon!!! ;D ;D ;D He will be here at the end of September... for his b-day and thanksgiving celebrations! Double YAY!!!

Hang in there guys, I know it feels like eternity, but once you get the final say... Everything will be worth it!

God Bless!

MarCar once again congratulaciones! I'm glad you guys will reunite soon! Please keep us posted about how the landing goes!!