N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
screech339 said:
Not sure about the income question. Can't answer it until I see the form myself.

For family size: you are 3, you, your wife and your mother (the applicant applying for PR).

However when the baby comes in 2015 after your submit the PR application, your family size for 2015 becomes 4 and you must met minimum income requirement for 4 and also maintain annual lico during the entire PR process. So any future babies after your first one also have to be added to family size and increase lico requirement for year new baby came until your mother lands. family size is based on how many you are supporting. Not based on who pay taxes. So at time of submitting PR application jan 2015, you are family size 3. But you need to actually cover family size 4. CIC can request your income records to prove you maintained lico the entire time. When CIC sees you had a baby in 2015, CiC may or will calculate lico requirement based on family size of 4 for 2015 when your mother lands as PR.

Screech339
I understand what you're saying. I will comfortably be meeting LICO for #4 down the road. But do I have to notify CIC voluntarily about the family size increase from 3 to 4 when the baby arrives?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rossei said:
I understand what you're saying. I will comfortably be meeting LICO for #4 down the road. But do I have to notify CIC voluntarily about the family size increase from 3 to 4 when the baby arrives?
No, I don't think you don't have to notify them about any family changes. That is for CIC to determine when your mother lands at PR.

EDIT:

As corrected by Sylvia below, you must inform CIC of any family size changes during PR sponsorship. So yes you must report your new baby to CIC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/pgp-apply-after.asp

When should I contact CIC?

You must notify CIC of any changes in your application, such as:
•changes in your personal circumstances such as a birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce,
•change in contact information (email, mailing address, phone number),
•appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual, or,
•decision to withdraw your application.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Rossei said:
Yes you'll have to notify them of any changes that happen while your file is still being processed.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sylvia27 said:
Yes you'll have to notify them of any changes that happen while your file is still being processed.
+1 for correcting my error. Thanks.

Screech339

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Another question: Are the forms for both Step 1 and Step 2 included in the application package (as per link below)? Or do we need to get separate forms for PR (for Step 2)?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/sponsor-parents.asp

There are two steps to the application process for your parent(s) or grandparent(s) to become permanent residents.
1.As a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you must apply to sponsor your family member.
•Your sponsorship application is processed by the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M).
•You will be notified in writing by CPC-M about the decision on your sponsorship application.

2.Your parent(s) and/or grandparent(s) must apply for permanent residence.

The applications for both sponsorship and permanent residence should be filled out and sent at the same time

sensfan

Nov 25, 2014
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum. I want to sponsor my parents from India to come live with me in Canada. I am currently working on their application and hoping to submit in first week of January 2015. I have a few questions in regards to the application.

1. I intend to be a representative for my parents application. Do I still need to get the application signed by my parents or can I sign on their behalf?
2. Can I apply for their application from Ottawa? If yes, where would I have to send the documents?
3. The CIC website indicates that it will take approximately 5 years to process an application. Does anyone know if this is the ACTUAL timeline?
4. There are spelling errors in my parent's identification cards issued by local authority, so I have a affidavit made by the local lawyer from India to follow the names indicated in the passports. Do you think this would suffice as an explanation?

Thanks everyone for your kind help and I wish everyone good luck on your family applications.... *there is always a light at the end of the tunnel*

Sensfan

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sensfan said:
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum. I want to sponsor my parents from India to come live with me in Canada. I am currently working on their application and hoping to submit in first week of January 2015. I have a few questions in regards to the application.

1. I intend to be a representative for my parents application. Do I still need to get the application signed by my parents or can I sign on their behalf?
2. Can I apply for their application from Ottawa? If yes, where would I have to send the documents?
3. The CIC website indicates that it will take approximately 5 years to process an application. Does anyone know if this is the ACTUAL timeline?
4. There are spelling errors in my parent's identification cards issued by local authority, so I have a affidavit made by the local lawyer from India to follow the names indicated in the passports. Do you think this would suffice as an explanation?

Thanks everyone for your kind help and I wish everyone good luck on your family applications.... *there is always a light at the end of the tunnel*

Sensfan
1. NO, you cannot sign on their behalf. They have to sign the papers themselves. No scan signatures or blank forms saying original signed forms will come later. You can have the forms completed in full and verified and have it sent to your parents in India. They can print it up, sign it and send it back to you via mail. You got lots of time to do that. So no excuse for no original signatures.

2. It doesn't matter where you live. All applications are sent to mississauga office, if I'm not mistaken.

3. The 5 year timeline is based on past and current processing time. Remember the PGP under the old rules must be processed first before they will look at the new PGP applicants.

4. I think the lawyer affidavit may be fine. I can't say for certain. Perhaps some other senior member can elaborate on that.

nsn

Mar 14, 2012
can some one help me with my question.

what are doctors prognoses and diagnoses .iS blood pressure and diabetics ok my pa has both will it effect my application
nsn

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
nsn said:
can some one help me with my question.

what are doctors prognoses and diagnoses .iS blood pressure and diabetics ok my pa has both will it effect my application
nsn
Blood pressure issue won't be a problem. As for diabetic condition. Not sure. Don't think it's a problem either since there is reason to cause "excessive demand on medical cost" since the parent would be responsible for medical cost due to diabetic needs.

SamParent

Nov 30, 2014
Hello everyone,

Trying to sponsor my parents and plan to submit the application on Jan 2015.

Need some help with the financial evaluation and would appreciate your answers:

1. Does anyone know if CIC will issue new forms for 2015? Is it safe to mail the application to my parents (for signatures) or wait for new forms and risk my chances for the 5000 cap?

2. Financial evaluation form Q15 says "Provide employment history as well as periods of unemployment for the last THREE consecutive taxation years preceding your application. Please ensure that you do not leave any gaps in time."

For us 3 consecutive taxation years are 2011, 2012 and 2013. However the first row includes income to "present", which means year 2014.

How can I reflect my 2014 income if I (like all Canadians) don't have my 2014 NOA? Previous forums have mentioned that CIC will not accept paystubs any other document than NOA (or the C printout), so do I have to wait for NOA in 2015? This means that I will unlikely make it to be one of the first 5,000 regular PR applications.

My wife is on mat leave since April 2014 (we still exceed the LICO threshold), so there is no paystubs for her. Can I just calculate the EI monthly payment x months on mat leave? Yet, on January 2015 I won't have a document to support this total, is my application still valid?!
What will CIC accept as an official document for this period of time?

I've also tried to contact CIC by phone, but I get the "sorry call later, due to high volume ... etc. etc."

Thank you in advance, Sam

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Please not that Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] has been recently updated around end of November. Make sure to fill out the newly updated one.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
SamParent said:
Hello everyone,

Trying to sponsor my parents and plan to submit the application on Jan 2015.

Need some help with the financial evaluation and would appreciate your answers:

1. Does anyone know if CIC will issue new forms for 2015? Is it safe to mail the application to my parents (for signatures) or wait for new forms and risk my chances for the 5000 cap?

2. Financial evaluation form Q15 says "Provide employment history as well as periods of unemployment for the last THREE consecutive taxation years preceding your application. Please ensure that you do not leave any gaps in time."

For us 3 consecutive taxation years are 2011, 2012 and 2013. However the first row includes income to "present", which means year 2014.

How can I reflect my 2014 income if I (like all Canadians) don't have my 2014 NOA? Previous forums have mentioned that CIC will not accept paystubs any other document than NOA (or the C printout), so do I have to wait for NOA in 2015? This means that I will unlikely make it to be one of the first 5,000 regular PR applications.

My wife is on mat leave since April 2014 (we still exceed the LICO threshold), so there is no paystubs for her. Can I just calculate the EI monthly payment x months on mat leave? Yet, on January 2015 I won't have a document to support this total, is my application still valid?!
What will CIC accept as an official document for this period of time?

I've also tried to contact CIC by phone, but I get the "sorry call later, due to high volume ... etc. etc."

Thank you in advance, Sam
You cannot include 2014 income as CIC is not asking for it in 2015 PGP applications. So no point in submitting your 2014 paystubs, IE benefits statements (documents not accepted by CIC) as 2014 NOA won't be sent until you filed taxes for 2014 in year 2015. By the time you get 2014 NOA, the 2015 PGP would be reached. The cap in 2014 was reached sometime in 3rd week of Jan. This is usually due to a lot of applications being returned: missing signatures, scanned signatures, not meeting LICOs as required, etc, etc. So this people who got their applications returned won't make the same mistake twice again. I would not be surprised that the cap would be reached by the end of the first week of Jan, if not, second week at the latest.

If you do not meet 2011 LICO, you would have to wait until Jan 2016. If you do not meet 2012 LICO, apply in 2017, etc. Basically as long as you have proof of meeting 2011, 2012, and 2013 LICO with option C printouts or NOAs you qualify to apply for 2015 PGP. You run the risk of losing your qualification to sponsor your parents if you fail to meet LICO of 2014, 2015, future LICO until your parents land. CIC will likely to be asking for all Option C printouts from time of application to time your parents land. If they see you did not meet the LICO in any of the given year, CIC can deny your parent PR.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
screech339 said:
You cannot include 2014 income as CIC is not asking for it in 2015 PGP applications. So no point in submitting your 2014 paystubs, IE benefits statements (documents not accepted by CIC) as 2014 NOA won't be sent until you filed taxes for 2014 in year 2015. By the time you get 2014 NOA, the 2015 PGP would be reached. The cap in 2014 was reached sometime in 3rd week of Jan. This is usually due to a lot of applications being returned: missing signatures, scanned signatures, not meeting LICOs as required, etc, etc. So this people who got their applications returned won't make the same mistake twice again. I would not be surprised that the cap would be reached by the end of the first week of Jan, if not, second week at the latest.

If you do not meet 2011 LICO, you would have to wait until Jan 2016. If you do not meet 2012 LICO, apply in 2017, etc. Basically as long as you have proof of meeting 2011, 2012, and 2013 LICO with option C printouts or NOAs you qualify to apply for 2015 PGP. You run the risk of losing your qualification to sponsor your parents if you fail to meet LICO of 2014, 2015, future LICO until your parents land. CIC will likely to be asking for all Option C printouts from time of application to time your parents land. If they see you did not meet the LICO in any of the given year, CIC can deny your parent PR.
@ screech339, I think you got it wrong re: what Sam asked. I have the same problem filling the form "Financial Evaluation".

Note that,
SamParent said:

This form has pre-filled the period of the first row with the word "Present" which covers the whole year of 2014. Neither of us want to give 2014 NOA. We're hoping to apply based on 2011, 2012 and 2013 NOA's. It seems like we have to provide employment history from 2011 up to "Present" (end of 2014).

I worked in the same company for the whole period. Yet, I don't know how to fill it out correctly. It also requires the "Gross Income" for each period (I asked this before). I don't know if I have to divide the entire period in to 4 different years and make 4 rows or put it all together (2011 - Present).

This is how it looks in the form (fyi, the bold texts are pre-filled in the form):

15. Provide your employment history as well as periods of unemployment for the last THREE consecutive taxation years preceding your application. Please ensure that you do not leave any gaps in time

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY - SPONSOR

From To Employer Name Address Phone No. Gross Income/Benefits Family Size
(YYYY-MM-DD) (YYYY-MM-DD) For Period
2014-01-01 Present XXX 1234 Street (xxx)xxx-xxxx $xx,xxx 3
2013-01-01 2013-12-31 XXX 1234 Street (xxx)xxx-xxxx $xx,xxx 3
2012-01-01 2012-12-31 XXX 1234 Street (xxx)xxx-xxxx $xx,xxx 3
2011-01-01 2011-12-31 XXX 1234 Street (xxx)xxx-xxxx $xx,xxx 3

OR/

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY - SPONSOR
From To Employer Name Address Phone No. Gross Income/Benefits Family Size
(YYYY-MM-DD) (YYYY-MM-DD) For Period
2011-01-01 Present XXX 1234 Street (xxx)xxx-xxxx $xxx,xxx 3

SamParent

Nov 30, 2014
Thanks to all for your reply!

Yes, Rossei is absolutely right, that's exactly what I am asking. I guess for the past years (2011, 2012, 2013) we can use NOA - line 150 - that it is our GROSS INCOME, maybe one row per each year?!

The issue is Year 2014. Since we must send the application on January 2015, I guess we will have to provide values calculated as per paystubs as of December 31st, 2014. Or if on mat leave, calculate the salary for the months worked for the year + EI payment month by month to reach to the total of 2014? Fingers crossed this info is accurate, as it has to match to NOA Gross income 2014 once completed taxes.

We're hoping that CIC will accept the application this way, and will then contact us to provide the 2014 NOA (in 2015 or 2016 depending on when they will review our docs) that supports this info.

Makes sense?! Please help if you know more on this topic as seems to be the most complicated form and we must ensure everything is correct before submitting it.

nadeem55

Aug 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
15-04-2011
Nomination.....
????
AOR Received.
25-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the initial application to CIO
File Transfer...
20-06-2011 to Buffalo
Med's Request
22-02-2013 from Ottawa
Med's Done....
27-02-2013
Interview........
Wavied :)
Passport Req..
05-04-2013 via Email
VISA ISSUED...
06 May, 2013
LANDED..........
11 May, 2013 Landed Immigrant :)
I'm also in the process of sponsoring my mother (widow) but I guess I've to wait upto Dec 27, 2014 if CIC change the forms, I know last year, some applicants already submitted their sponsorship app and got rejected after 2 months of wait to re-submit with the new forms (if the 5000 gap has not been filled)

That's annoying, finger crossed!