+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

grepis

Jun 9, 2011
Quick question about form filling: I am going to sponsor my father and mother, and my farther will be principal applicant. Where should I list my mother? In "Additional Dependant" form?

Thanks,

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
grepis said:
Quick question about form filling: I am going to sponsor my father and mother, and my farther will be principal applicant. Where should I list my mother? In "Additional Dependant" form?

Thanks,
You list our mother and father in the additional family information. Not additional dependents forms. That form is for additional dependents not listed in the family information.

Your father as applicant, your mother as spouse.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
grepis said:
Your mother must be listed on IMM0008 as a dependent.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canuck_in_uk said:
Your mother must be listed on IMM0008 as a dependent.
You're right. I forgot about IMM0008. The mother need to be listed there as well as dependents.

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Hi Everyone,
I am reposting the questions that I have regarding PGP 2015 applications..I am filling the forms and have no idea how to deal with these questons.

1- I don't have my Date of Birth Certificate ..was born in Delhi...a Canadian Citizen now...I do have other proofs like grade ten and twelve certificates, Indian Passport copies stating my parents name. So, should I get an affidavit of my DOB from Canadian Notary Public and include my parents name in it? Or, the other proofs will suffice as I never used my DOB certificate even for my own PR or Citizenship here in Canada?

2- My Parents never used last or Surname in their Passport...how to fill their name columns?

3- Additional Family Information Form- My parents do not have exact date of birth/ date of death of their own parents and other older siblings. How to deal with this issue? Also, is this form to be filled on computer OR manually by hand?

4- I have photocopy of my parents marriage certificate...is it okay if I get it certified here in Canada by a Notary Public OR it has to be certified In India ? Should we send the original Marriage Certificate of our parents?

I will appreciate any help with these questions.
[/quote]

rainnybob

Jun 13, 2012
;)
screech339 said:
You are incorrect.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772ETOC.asp#completeApplication

Financial requirement
Question 7: Add the numbers entered in boxes for questions 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 and write the total number of persons.

Note. Consult the Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship which illustrates the minimum income you must have to sponsor your family.

The guide list the minimum income requirement to sponsor, thus includes 30% in the income equation.

Federal Income Table for sponsors of parents and grandparents

The following table applies to residents of all provinces except Quebec. For each of the three consecutive taxation years preceding the date on which the application is submitted to CIC, the sponsor (and co-signer, if applicable) must meet the Minimum Necessary Income, which is based on the Low Income Cut-offs plus 30%.

Thanx for the answer. It does make sense. Just wondering why would cic agents say otherwise. I believe they can be wrong too...

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Do we need to fill the Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 manually/ hand written?

davidkaren

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
I am Canadian PR holder and I meet all requirements to sponsor my parents for 2015 quota including last 3 years statements. My mother is currently with me here in Canada on Super Visa for 2 years starting from 1st August, 2014. I am planning to file her application for sponsorship and was wondering when her file opens will she have to go to India (her country of origin) in order to do medical and visa. Is it possible for her to get those things done here in Canada without going to home country? I asked lawyers to help me with and their consulting fees are ranging from $5000-$7000 for each applicant. If yes what should I take care while filling up forms.

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
My parents don't have their marriage certificate, they got married in 1960's. Will affidavit be good enough as proof of their marriage?

Please advise.

Also, I see some new update:

There are two steps to the application process for your parent(s) or grandparent(s) to become permanent residents.
1.As a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you must apply to sponsor your family member. •Your sponsorship application is processed by the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M).
•You will be notified in writing by CPC-M about the decision on your sponsorship application.

2.Your parent(s) and/or grandparent(s) must apply for permanent residence.

The applications for both sponsorship and permanent residence should be filled out and sent at the same time.

What does this mean that fill out both sponsorship and permanent residence application?
Where will you find permanent residence application?

Please reply. Thanks

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
davidkaren said:
I am Canadian PR holder and I meet all requirements to sponsor my parents for 2015 quota including last 3 years statements. My mother is currently with me here in Canada on Super Visa for 2 years starting from 1st August, 2014. I am planning to file her application for sponsorship and was wondering when her file opens will she have to go to India (her country of origin) in order to do medical and visa. Is it possible for her to get those things done here in Canada without going to home country? I asked lawyers to help me with and their consulting fees are ranging from $5000-$7000 for each applicant. If yes what should I take care while filling up forms.
It doesn't matter where your parents does their medical tests, in Canada or in India. As long as they use CIC designated doctors, they can use it anywhere in world.

Screech339

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
davidkaren said:
My situation is same as yours. In my case, my mom came to Canada on Nov 1, 2014 to stay for 2 years (Super Visa) with me. I'm bit confused about what I should put re: her residential and mailing address.

I guess Parents' Sponsorship isn't this fast enough that you can expect to do medical within next 2 years. In that case, your mom will have to leave Canada anyway. Besides medical, she also has to obtain PCC. You cannot collect all other supporting documents required by local CIC from inside Canada.

I wish CIC thought about parents who are already here for long term.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rossei said:
My situation is same as yours. In my case, my mom came to Canada on Nov 1, 2014 to stay for 2 years (Super Visa) with me. I'm bit confused about what I should put re: her residential and mailing address.

I guess Parents' Sponsorship isn't this fast enough that you can expect to do medical within next 2 years. In that case, your mom will have to leave Canada anyway. Besides medical, she also has to obtain PCC. You cannot collect all other supporting documents required by local CIC from inside Canada.

I wish CIC thought about parents who are already here for long term.
The thing is catch 22.

If your parents are here in Canada on supervisa, you can easily get their original signature but may have difficulty in getting required documents from inside Canada like Police Check.

If your parents are not here in Canada and in home country, getting documentation can be manageable and able to get BUT hard to get original signatures on the forms, more so if new forms are updated before PGP begins.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
isha94 said:
Do we need to fill the Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 manually/ hand written?
Since this form doesn't require barcode verification, you can do it by hand. I've filled this form quite a few times for VISA application in past. I normally fill it out in English on computer, print it it out and then hand-write the names in native script.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
nikary said:
My parents don't have their marriage certificate, they got married in 1960's. Will affidavit be good enough as proof of their marriage?
Not sure. Talk to a CIC agent.

Also, I see some new update:

There are two steps to the application process for your parent(s) or grandparent(s) to become permanent residents.
1.As a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you must apply to sponsor your family member. •Your sponsorship application is processed by the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M).
•You will be notified in writing by CPC-M about the decision on your sponsorship application.

2.Your parent(s) and/or grandparent(s) must apply for permanent residence.

The applications for both sponsorship and permanent residence should be filled out and sent at the same time.

What does this mean that fill out both sponsorship and permanent residence application?
Where will you find permanent residence application?

Please reply. Thanks
It means that you have to fill out all forms required for both 'sponsorship' and 'permanent residency'. CIC has the full application package in their website.
Here is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/sponsor-parents.asp

This is my speculation: once your sponsorship is approved by CPC-Mississauga; they send your a notice and also send the PR application to the nearest CIC office to your home country that handles PR. The rest of the process is handled by them. At that time, they may require additional supporting documents from your parents (but you won't have to fill out any form).

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Rossei said:
Since this form doesn't require barcode verification, you can do it by hand. I've filled this form quite a few times for VISA application in past. I normally fill it out in English on computer, print it it out and then hand-write the names in native script.
Do we write all names...names of parents brother sisters etc in Native language? Also what is the purpose of writing in native language? All of my parents documents ate in English?
Another question is do we need to submit parents original Marriage certificate?