+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Hi Everyone,
I also have a few questions regarding PGP 2015:

1- I don't have my Date of Birth Certificate ..was born in Delhi...a Canadian Citizen now...I do have other proofs like grade ten and twelve certificates, Indian Passport copies stating my parents name. So, should I get an affidavit of my DOB from Canadian Notary Public and include my parents name in it? Or, the other proofs will suffice as I never used my DOB certificate even for my own PR or Citizenship here in Canada?

2- My Parents never used last or Surname in their Passport...how to fill their name columns?

3- Additional Family Information Form- My parents do not have exact date of birth/ date of death of their own parents and other older siblings. How to deal with this issue? Also, is this form to be filled on computer OR manually by hand?

4- I have photocopy of my parents marriage certificate...is it okay if I get it certified here in Canada by a Notary Public OR it has to be certified In India ? Should we send the original Marriage Certificate of our parents?

I will appreciate any help with these questions.

rainnybob

Jun 13, 2012
Hello Everyone.

I have a question. This is in regards to LICO plus 30% income requirement.

Do the number mentioned in the chart for particular years reflect the extra 30% income along with LICO requirements or

Is it that 30% has to be added to those number to know whether one qualifies or not?

I guess the numbers do include the 30% but it confusing to interpret CIC's statement.

I called up CIC and the agent told me that 30% has to be added to those numbers in order to know if one qualifies for income requirements or not.

I did appreciate if some one could confirm this. Thanks in advance.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have the exact same question. Do we add 30% to those values mentioned in the table or not? What would be the minimum income for a family of 3?

Thanks

rainnybob said:
Hello Everyone.

I have a question. This is in regards to LICO plus 30% income requirement.

Do the number mentioned in the chart for particular years reflect the extra 30% income along with LICO requirements or

Is it that 30% has to be added to those number to know whether one qualifies or not?

I guess the numbers do include the 30% but it confusing to interpret CIC's statement.

I called up CIC and the agent told me that 30% has to be added to those numbers in order to know if one qualifies for income requirements or not.

I did appreciate if some one could confirm this. Thanks in advance.

sandhuinc

Oct 7, 2014
Hello Members

I have been reading these forums and i find them to be very helpful.
Initially i have been following forum for FSWP2014 for my bro in law but now i need some advise on the process to sponsor my parents and my father in law

Question : Me and my wife are both Canadian Citizen .Can we both sponsor my father and mother along with my father in law at the same time?

I understand that for my parents , i will be the primary sponsoring person and my wife would be co-signer.
For my father in law , my wife would be main sponsor and i will be co-signer

I have read the instruction guide on CIC website but i am still confused

Can someone please share the process to sponsor . I need to understand what is the sponsor person has to do ( like me and my wife ) and what has to be done by the person for whom you are applying for .

Any help would be appreciated.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
lenium said:
I have the exact same question. Do we add 30% to those values mentioned in the table or not? What would be the minimum income for a family of 3?

Thanks
I always thought the LICO listed in the guide include the 30% extra. For example:

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/75f0002m/2012002/tbl/tbl02-eng.htm

Statistic Canada list the LICO from 1992 to 2011.
In it for 2011 it list maximum LICOs for difference family size: 2 - 29004; 3 - 35,657; 4 - 43,292; 5 - 49,102; 6 - 55,378; 7 - 61,656 based on living in population over 500,000

For PGP LICO, it listed LICO as followed: 2 - 35,976 (24%); 3 - 44,229 (24%); 4 - 53,699 (24%); 5 - 60,905 (24%) ; 6 - 68,689 (24%); 7 - 76,475 (24%)

Mind you the maximum LICOs in link is based on living in a city of population over 500,000.

Based on this observation, I would make the assumption that the PGP LICO has a built in 30% additional requirement, thus what is listed in the PGP guide is that you should meet. No 30% extra is needed.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sandhuinc said:
Hello Members

I have been reading these forums and i find them to be very helpful.
Initially i have been following forum for FSWP2014 for my bro in law but now i need some advise on the process to sponsor my parents and my father in law

Question : Me and my wife are both Canadian Citizen .Can we both sponsor my father and mother along with my father in law at the same time?

I understand that for my parents , i will be the primary sponsoring person and my wife would be co-signer.
For my father in law , my wife would be main sponsor and i will be co-signer

I have read the instruction guide on CIC website but i am still confused

Can someone please share the process to sponsor . I need to understand what is the sponsor person has to do ( like me and my wife ) and what has to be done by the person for whom you are applying for .

Any help would be appreciated.
That might pose a problem. For example: the LICO family size for your PGP application is 4 and your wife PGP family size is 3. When, in fact, your family size is really 5 if both PGP application got approved. You see the potential for disaster. I can't say one way or another. Perhaps a senior forum can give better advise on how to handle this. I just see the situation as a recipe for disaster.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the guide it says:
"The minimum necessary income requirement, which you must meet for each of the three years is equal to the Low Income Cut-off s (LICOs) plus 30%"

So the minimum necessary income is LICO plus 30%. That's why I'm thinking we should add extra 30% to that number.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
lenium said:
In the guide it says:
"The minimum necessary income requirement, which you must meet for each of the three years is equal to the Low Income Cut-off s (LICOs) plus 30%"

So the minimum necessary income is LICO plus 30%. That's why I'm thinking we should add extra 30% to that number.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
You are incorrect.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772ETOC.asp#completeApplication

Financial requirement
Question 7: Add the numbers entered in boxes for questions 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 and write the total number of persons.

Note. Consult the Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship which illustrates the minimum income you must have to sponsor your family.

The guide list the minimum income requirement to sponsor, thus includes 30% in the income equation.

Federal Income Table for sponsors of parents and grandparents

The following table applies to residents of all provinces except Quebec. For each of the three consecutive taxation years preceding the date on which the application is submitted to CIC, the sponsor (and co-signer, if applicable) must meet the Minimum Necessary Income, which is based on the Low Income Cut-offs plus 30%.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Perfect! I like that answer!

sensfan

Nov 25, 2014
Hey Guys,

I am applying for my parents immigration for 2015. I have sent all the documents to India for them to sign and now the tricky question - what date should they sign the application for? December or January1st? I intend to submit on January2nd hoping there will be no last minute modification in the forms by CIC.

Another question - Do I need to provide any pictures(passport size) to include in the application

Thanks a lot for your help!

bangladeshRN

Dec 3, 2014
Hello,

I am also in the process of applying for my parents. I have a question, on the application who should be the principal applicant?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
bangladeshRN said:
Hello,

I am also in the process of applying for my parents. I have a question, on the application who should be the principal applicant?
The principle applicant is either one of the parents. The spouse and children under 19 are the applicant's dependents.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sensfan said:
Hey Guys,

I am applying for my parents immigration for 2015. I have sent all the documents to India for them to sign and now the tricky question - what date should they sign the application for? December or January1st? I intend to submit on January2nd hoping there will be no last minute modification in the forms by CIC.

Another question - Do I need to provide any pictures(passport size) to include in the application

Thanks a lot for your help!
Good question regarding date of signature. I would think it is okay to date it in Dec or Jan1st so long it is not scale dated (longer than 3 months) or application forms are not updated since forms are signed.

I do believe PR pictures must be included with the application.

Screech339

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
screech339 said:
I do believe PR pictures must be included with the application.
Screech339
There is no mention about 'Photos' either in the guide or in the checklist though.

What I thought initially about the whole process is this:

You apply to be a 'sponsor' along with PR application to CPC-Mississauga. After they approve you to be a 'sponsor'; you have 1 year time to submit all other supporting documents (PCC, Photos etc.) to your local CIC location. Your local CIC has its own documents checklist for that purpose. In my mother's case, it would be Singapore.

But I could be wrong.

PS: Anyone else having trouble filling out Q15 (Work History) in the Financial Evaluation form?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rossei said:
There is no mention about 'Photos' either in the guide or in the checklist though.

What I thought initially about the whole process is this:

You apply to be a 'sponsor' along with PR application to CPC-Mississauga. After they approve you to be a 'sponsor'; you have 1 year time to submit all other supporting documents (PCC, Photos etc.) to your local CIC location. Your local CIC has its own documents checklist for that purpose. In my mother's case, it would be Singapore.

But I could be wrong.

PS: Anyone else having trouble filling out Q15 (Work History) in the Financial Evaluation form?
You are probably right about the photo requirements. No photos to submit initially. When approved and processing begins, then submit photos, documents, etc.

Screech339