+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What the heck is this ? ..requirement from NDVO
"Non-Accompanying Adult Son/Daughter Additional Information Form"
If you have any non-accompanying dependants who were 22 years of age or above and unmarried at the time of the sponsorship, complete the Non-Accompanying Adult Son/Daughter Additional Information Form attached to this letter.

Does it mean I as a sponsor how is above 22 and resident of Canada (and non dependent) should also fill up this form? or Is it strictly for dependents? I am confused because the form does not say it has to be filled by "Dependents", rather it says "Non accompanying Adult Son/Daughter" only without the use of word dependent.

Any ideas, especially by NDVO applicants, please guide

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
ak_indi said:
If you have any non-accompanying dependants who were 22 years of age or above and unmarried at the time of the sponsorship, complete the Non-Accompanying Adult Son/Daughter Additional Information Form attached to this letter.

Does it mean I as a sponsor how is above 22 and resident of Canada (and non dependent) should also fill up this form? or Is it strictly for dependents? I am confused because the form does not say it has to be filled by "Dependents", rather it says "Non accompanying Adult Son/Daughter" only without the use of word dependent.

Canadian sponsors do not need to be declared as accompanying or non-accompanying family members. That section only applies to non-Canadian children. Visa offices use template email to request documents but some points do not apply.

MrNobody

Oct 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
ak_indi said:

If you have siblings that are not dependents, I don't think you need to fill this form for them. In my case too, I have a sibling over 22 who is a student, but not strictly a dependent as he has income and savings of his own as well. I haven't included him as a dependent in my application.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vnexpress said:
Canadian sponsors do not need to be declared as accompanying or non-accompanying family members. That section only applies to non-Canadian children. Visa offices use template email to request documents but some points do not apply.
Sounds fair but in the absence of clear indication what would you say about Canadian resident...a Canadian resident is non accompanying child.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
ak_indi said:
Sounds fair but in the absence of clear indication what would you say about Canadian resident...a Canadian resident is non accompanying child.
If the children are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents they need to be declared whether or not they are residing in Canada. The section does not apply to children who are already Canadian citizen or permanent residents because these people do not need to be processed in terms of accompanying or non-accompanying. All family members will need to be declared in a separate form called "Additional Family Information". This section lies under Application for Sponsorship Undertaking and Application for Permanent Residence.

Therefore, the sponsors' names do NOT go here as as non-accompanying.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
lenium said:
Rossie,

what do you mean by upfront/regular for medicals? (How do I know which one applies to my parents?)

Thanks
Regular IME:
In this case, CIC (LVO) actually sends you an IME Request Form with IME# and Barcode# in a regular mail or email, you go to a panel physician, do your medical and the physician submits the result to CIC.

Upfront IME:
This can be described in 2 ways,
1) You do it in advance (before LVO makes any request) and submit the copy of upfront medical exam that the doctor provides to CIC along with any other docs CIC asked for.
2) The other scenario is more direct. CIC (LVO) can ask you directly to do an upfront medical without formally issuing a request form with IME# or Barcode along with other docs they may need.

CIC Link about IME: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Regular IME:
In this case, CIC (LVO) actually sends you an IME Request Form with IME# and Barcode# in a regular mail or email, you go to a panel physician, do your medical and the physician submits the result to CIC.

Upfront IME:
This can be described in 2 ways,
1) You do it in advance (before LVO makes any request) and submit the copy of upfront medical exam that the doctor provides to CIC along with any other docs CIC asked for.
2) The other scenario is more direct. CIC (LVO) can ask you directly to do an upfront medical without formally issuing a request form with IME# or Barcode along with other docs they may need.

CIC Link about IME: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp
Thanks

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
Waiting mode.... :)

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Hello Everyone.

Is there anyone still waiting for sponsorship approval.. ? I have not seen any communication on my file after AOR. Not sure what else I can do other than just waiting. I also applied for GSM notes but have not heard any reply on that. Any suggestions ?

Salil

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
vnexpress said:
Any new updates from local visa offces for 2015 batch guys?
Well, nothing significant, but my mom's E-Cas has a 2nd line added to her "Application Received" status:

Permanent Residence
1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 5, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 15, 2016.

FYI, my mom received an email on 14-Jun from SVO that they received her PR application on 6-Jun. The E-Cas was just matching this correspondence.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
salil said:
Hello Everyone.

Is there anyone still waiting for sponsorship approval.. ? I have not seen any communication on my file after AOR. Not sure what else I can do other than just waiting. I also applied for GSM notes but have not heard any reply on that. Any suggestions ?

Salil
I'm also still waiting for sponsorship approval. Application received January 2nd, 2015 in the morning

Nkunjur

Nov 4, 2014
Can someone please help me. I got a PCC request from NDVO along with request for other documents as outlined below(My Questions are in red). Can someone please help me.

1) Sponsor's Original Birth Certificate
2) Sponsor's old Indian Passport (Certified copy) - All pages
3) Co- Applicant's (in my case this is my Mom who will be accompanying my Dad) Original Birth Certificate- My Mom does not have this. Is that a problem?

4) Co-Applicant's Old and New Passports Copy
5) Co-Applicant's Voter ID Card - My Mom Does not have this. is that a problem?

6) Co-Applicant's 5th,8th,10th and 12th marksheet and certificate. - My Mom only has her Higher secondary certificate and marksheet. Will that be sufficient?

7) Principal Applicant's (My Dad) Current and Valid Passport copies (Just front and back bio pages)
8) Police Clearance Certificate
9) Medical Clearance - Sent directly by the physician
10) Travel History Form - For Principal Applicant and Accompanying Dependent
11) RRPF Receipt Copy
12) 3 Updated photos with Names - For Principal Applicant and Accompanying Dependent
13) Schedule A - For Principal Applicant and Accompanying Dependent
14) IMM 008
15) Additional Family Information Form - For Principal Applicant and Accompanying Dependent
16) Copy of the email requesting PCC and above documents

Here are some more additional questions:
1) To establish the relationship between the sponsor and the principal applicant NVDO has asked for a minimum of two documents. But they have not given the same option when it comes to establishing the relationship between the Principal Applicant and Accompanying Dependent. Do you think that If we provide a Higher Secondary Certificate, Passport pages and hopefully Voter's Id card we should be ok?

2) It's also strange they have asked for the sponsor's Indian Marriage certificate (which I don't have as I was married in Canada) but haven't asked for a Marriage Certificate that shows the relationship between Principal Applicant and Accompanying Dependent , should we send one anyways?

3) Also strangely they have only asked the Principal Applicant to provide one document which is a Passport and there is no mention of educational documents or Birth Certificate....Not that I am complaining. Just worried if I am missing anything?

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
1- Did anyone do medical in Canada while parents are visiting? is it accepted?

2. Anyone applying from Quebec, did anyone get contacted by CIC Ottawa to provide CSQ without getting SA letter. Mu mother received an email from CIC Ottawa asking CSQ from Québec and we didn't even get SA which is a required documents to apply for CSQ and they only gave us 45 days to provide it. Don't know how I will manage to do that when their processing times is 25 business days... If anyone has siilar case, please guide me.