+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

ImranJ

Mar 23, 2019
Salam everyone
Does anyone know what to do when the visa is expired?? Can we extend it right away or we have to wait ???

I'm in Toronto , my wife got her visa last week from Rabat, they told her that she has to leave before March/25.I booked a ticket for me to go pick her up this Wednesday from Casablanca to Toronto. But as we all know morocco closed the border so all flights are canceled. What is the next step ? does anyone know ?
She's going to the Canadian embassy tomorrow to see if she can extend her visa.
It took us 13 months total
I sent the application on February10/2019
She get her visa on March 08
With No interview

gela2460

Feb 21, 2019
Hello, I'm so happy for you guys that the wait is finally over. You're lucky and I'm super jealous. How long did you have to wait after they requested more pictures and recent contact?

Reactions: ImranJ

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Salam everyone
Does anyone know what to do when the visa is expired?? Can we extend it right away or we have to wait ???

I'm in Toronto , my wife got her visa last week from Rabat, they told her that she has to leave before March/25.I booked a ticket for me to go pick her up this Wednesday from Casablanca to Toronto. But as we all know morocco closed the border so all flights are canceled. What is the next step ? does anyone know ?
She's going to the Canadian embassy tomorrow to see if she can extend her visa.
It took us 13 months total
I sent the application on February10/2019
She get her visa on March 08
With No interview
The Government of Canada offices have limiting in-person visits) . CIC has given instructions to use the webform to inform them if one is unable to travel due to COVID19.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus.html

Approved permanent residence applications (COPR and PRV)
Permanent residence applicants who are in possession of a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) and permanent resident visa (PRV) and inform us, by submitting a web form to IRCC, that they are unable to travel within the validity of their documentation should be processed as follows:

• Valid COPR and PRV: In an effort to reduce the number of cancelled COPRs and PRVs, a note should be placed in the file explaining that the applicant is unable to travel, and the file should be brought forward to the expiration date of the COPR and PRV. If the applicant informs IRCC that they can travel prior to the COPR and PRV expiration, they are encouraged to use their existing COPR and PRV to land.
  • Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they were unable to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they were unable to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days.
You can send and email to the VAC and webform.

Visa Application Centre (VAC)
65 avenue Fal Ould Oumeir, 3e étage, Agdal, Rabat, Maroc
Telephone: 0539 71 60 90
Email: Info.canmor@vfshelpline.com

Contact the Visas and Immigration Section
Temporary Resident Applications:
Email: VRT-Maroc@international.gc.ca

Permanent Resident Applications:
Email:
rabat.immigration@international.gc.ca

Last edited:
Reactions: ImranJ

ImranJ

Mar 23, 2019
Hello, I'm so happy for you guys that the wait is finally over. You're lucky and I'm super jealous. How long did you have to wait after they requested more pictures and recent contact?
Thank you so much for your message
I don't think we are that lucky because things didn't go how we planned, all flights were canceled but it's ok alhamdolillah.
They didn't ask for any pictures or anything else.
they called her last week to come next day to pick up her visa. We where married in 2017 I went for a visit twice total of 4 months
We applied in February 2019
Good luck everyone

ImranJ

Mar 23, 2019
Best is to head to the visa office and ask....with everything going in it's hard to say!! Good luck
Yes you are right, she went this morning and they told her that she has to wait and see. If she doesn't get out of the country before March25 We can get it extended but we may have to wait a week or two.
thanks everyone
Wish you all the best

ImranJ

Mar 23, 2019
The Government of Canada offices have limiting in-person visits) . CIC has given instructions to use the webform to inform them if one is unable to travel due to COVID19.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus.html

Approved permanent residence applications (COPR and PRV)
Permanent residence applicants who are in possession of a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) and permanent resident visa (PRV) and inform us, by submitting a web form to IRCC, that they are unable to travel within the validity of their documentation should be processed as follows:

• Valid COPR and PRV: In an effort to reduce the number of cancelled COPRs and PRVs, a note should be placed in the file explaining that the applicant is unable to travel, and the file should be brought forward to the expiration date of the COPR and PRV. If the applicant informs IRCC that they can travel prior to the COPR and PRV expiration, they are encouraged to use their existing COPR and PRV to land.
  • Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they were unable to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they were unable to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days.
You can send and email to the VAC and webform.

Visa Application Centre (VAC)
65 avenue Fal Ould Oumeir, 3e étage, Agdal, Rabat, Maroc
Telephone: 0539 71 60 90
Email: Info.canmor@vfshelpline.com

Contact the Visas and Immigration Section
Temporary Resident Applications:
Email: VRT-Maroc@international.gc.ca

Permanent Resident Applications:
Email:
rabat.immigration@international.gc.ca
Thank you so much for the info
It did help:)
Have a nice day

Reactions: Eveslm

Miryammajid

Mar 7, 2020
Hello, I am Canadian citizen and my fiance is in Morocco. I have so many questions and I am very confused about all the information I am reading and searching. My first dilemma is the age difference between us, I am 44 years old female and he is 27, but as everyone says, age is just a number. We started talking on social media and soon after i visited him in morocco and we truly fell in love with each other. I need to know if this is going to be a big problem for us or they dont care about things like this. Next question would be, after our marriage, there is a possibility to file a overseas spousal sponsorship in your spouse's home country, which of course would be Morocco, is this true or I would have to come back to Canada and file for sponsorship here together with his permanent resident application. If anyone know about this, please help, information's are so confusing as there is inland process, outland process, meaning if your spouse is back home or already in Canada. Thank you

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello, I am Canadian citizen and my fiance is in Morocco. I have so many questions and I am very confused about all the information I am reading and searching. My first dilemma is the age difference between us, I am 44 years old female and he is 27, but as everyone says, age is just a number. We started talking on social media and soon after i visited him in morocco and we truly fell in love with each other. I need to know if this is going to be a big problem for us or they dont care about things like this. Next question would be, after our marriage, there is a possibility to file a overseas spousal sponsorship in your spouse's home country, which of course would be Morocco, is this true or I would have to come back to Canada and file for sponsorship here together with his permanent resident application. If anyone know about this, please help, information's are so confusing as there is inland process, outland process, meaning if your spouse is back home or already in Canada. Thank you
Age difference is a red flag for them, especially when its the woman who is older. You will need to show alot of proof that your relationship is genuine and it is not a marriage of convenience.

Yes you can sponsor him from Morocco. You will have to show proof that you intend to return to Canada once the application is approved.

Best you read the complete guide to sponsor a spouse/common law partner

Reactions: ginabrigi

Miryammajid

Mar 7, 2020
Age difference is a red flag for them, especially when its the woman who is older. You will need to show alot of proof that your relationship is genuine and it is not a marriage of convenience.

Yes you can sponsor him from Morocco. You will have to show proof that you intend to return to Canada once the application is approved.

Best you read the complete guide to sponsor a spouse/common law partner
Thank you for your reply, I will definitely do my best to prove to them that we truly love each other, but then again, other than pictures and texts, there is not much to show. I just again have to find out where to submit my sponsorship application in Morocco, some people say in Canadian embassy in Rabat, some people say to visa office centre in Rabat.

gela2460

Feb 21, 2019
Yes you are right, she went this morning and they told her that she has to wait and see. If she doesn't get out of the country before March25 We can get it extended but we may have to wait a week or two.
thanks everyone
Wish you all the best
Hello just wanted to see if she has made it across to canada yet?

gela2460

Feb 21, 2019
Has anyone heard any news in the last while?? Weve been in the works since September 2019.....anyone around our time further then recent contact request which was requested in January but since then it's all quiet....and this whole Corona situation isnt helping