+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's simple really. They believed you. :D Before your file is reviewed by a VO, it is reviewed by the Paper Screen officer. They judge whether or not an interview and/or more information is required. If they are satisfied by your application and don't recommend that more is required, it goes into a different pile that gets assessed more quickly by a VO and supervisor.

H

HayatElFadil

rjessome said:
It's simple really. They believed you. :D Before your file is reviewed by a VO, it is reviewed by the Paper Screen officer. They judge whether or not an interview and/or more information is required. If they are satisfied by your application and don't recommend that more is required, it goes into a different pile that gets assessed more quickly by a VO and supervisor.
Interesting. So are they looking at applications around the time they received my application?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would have to check my old CAIPS notes to see when the PS officer looked at mine but if I recall correctly, it was approximately 2 to 3 months after it was received.

Keep in mind that all the other checks MUST be done too. Security, medical, etc. I know I'm making it sound simple but it is a little more in depth than that. But the biggest issue most people on this forum face going through this embassy is proving genuineness of the relationship. Normally (but not all the time) if that is done well, the rest happens pretty quickly.

smalls

Jun 15, 2011
Habibti said:
Just to let you know that I am in Vancouver BC (it it might interest your wife) and my husband is in Morocco. Rabat received our file on March 31 this year and since then nothing. Not a single letter. We don't share the same religion and I am older than him.

hi .. rabat got my applicattion at the same time as urs ....i think that letter got lost ...didnt reach ur husband's mail box ..mail on morocco is not a perfect service ..any way u can email the embassy here and figure out

hayati

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
15,10,2010..re-do meds 20,10,2011
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
e-mailing Rabat is like pulling teeth,,I e-mailed them 4 times already and got no response. I to am waiting for an acknowledgement letter. :mad:

hopeful_waiting

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
AOR Received.
March 2009
Interview........
Nov 2009
Passport Req..
Nov 2009
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2009
LANDED..........
Dec 2009
Does anyone know where to look for work in Morocco .. for Canadians online ?? or do you know if I can work for American company or do I need a work visa ??? Anyone know anything about this ??? Thanks for all your help ... And Congrats to all who have been approved and those that wait your time is coming fast..

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
Yes they did not believe it was genuine and I guess they were right it was on my end but not on his he had my whole family fooled and it was my sons testimony at our appeal that won us the case all my husband did what do what he has been doing for 4 yrs and that is tell nothing but lies.

H

HayatElFadil

confused and lonely said:
Yes they did not believe it was genuine and I guess they were right it was on my end but not on his he had my whole family fooled and it was my sons testimony at our appeal that won us the case all my husband did what do what he has been doing for 4 yrs and that is tell nothing but lies.
That's such a terrible thing! why did you guys get refused anyway? also, when he did go to Canada was he ready to go or was he making exuses not to go?

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
vik_56in said:
I can understand the shock ,pain and suffering that you have gone through after what has happened to you.Take consolation that you are not living with this beast and monster.You have gone through so much in life just to get him here and now he has ditched you .He is not worthy of you.Atleast now you should be happy that you have seen his true colours.Iam myself in disbelief after reading this story that there are beast people who will play with the lives of genuine people just to get to Canada
He has gone on welfare while living with his girlfriend and I will have to pay all of that back to the government because he is too lazy to work.

confused and lonely

Star Member
Jun 9, 2007
HayatElFadil said:
That's such a terrible thing! why did you guys get refused anyway? also, when he did go to Canada was he ready to go or was he making exuses not to go?
He came to canada without telling me he was coming because he was going to her, they caught him in montreal when he tried to change the address to hers him and his family both begged me to forgive him that he had made a mistake so I believed them and borrowed the money to get him here and the one night he had to wait in montreal he went to his lover and then back to catch the plane to me because he was only staying with me till he got his pr card. He did nothing but abuse me and my family the whole time he was here and said we treated him badly when he would boldly go online to dating sites and talk to his girlfriend right in front of my son. So no they were not impressed seeing as how he was suppose to be married to me and working on our marriage.

H

HayatElFadil

He came to canada without telling me he was coming because he was going to her, they caught him in montreal when he tried to change the address to hers him and his family both begged me to forgive him that he had made a mistake so I believed them and borrowed the money to get him here and the one night he had to wait in montreal he went to his lover and then back to catch the plane to me because he was only staying with me till he got his pr card. He did nothing but abuse me and my family the whole time he was here and said we treated him badly when he would boldly go online to dating sites and talk to his girlfriend right in front of my son. So no they were not impressed seeing as how he was suppose to be married to me and working on our marriage.
That's so conniving! Sorry that had to happen to you. I know some good and bad Moroccans. Theres similarities and differences between the good and bad but you really have to be aware. It seems his family and him put on a good show- I know somebody like that but he was honest with me about it cause we were just friends so he was extremely honest. i think hes "different" now..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then report him for marriage fraud. It sounds like they already have a lot of evidence against him. If they deport him, you will not have to pay his welfare anymore.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
Then report him for marriage fraud. It sounds like they already have a lot of evidence against him. If they deport him, you will not have to pay his welfare anymore.
Yes but she will be responsible for any welfare he receives up until the point of deportation. There was a recent Supreme Court decision regarding this. And just my opinion but CIC is going to be frustrated with this.
1. The VO refused him, she appealed and won.
2. He made his intentions known upon landing and she was told by CBSA what was happening. She forgave him and let him land.

CIC has tried to intervene twice. I can't imagine the psychological torture she is going through right now but a remedy to this situation will not come quickly. Now, as a permanent resident, he has all the rights of appeal to any removal order and if he's with someone new, better hope they don't get married and/or the new girl doesn't get pregnant. What a mess. @confusedandlonely, you might want to get in touch with Canadians Against Immigration Fraud. At least they can offer you some emotional support as many of their members have gone through very similar things.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
They are returning the application to me over one missing Not Applicable.... :mad: :'(

I have not had the courage to call my husband yet.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dair2dv8103100 said:
They are returning the application to me over one missing Not Applicable.... :mad: :'(

I have not had the courage to call my husband yet.
Sorry! But you will only lose about two weeks. As soon as you send it back, they will put it on the top of the pile. Small comfort I know but it's something.